Is Salk coming back?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pinksheets":3uh6dog9 said:
davidonmi":3uh6dog9 said:
seahawk 17":3uh6dog9 said:
Please replace Mitch, he is the worst.
first off me mentioning KJR was mostly a joke, it's 710 or he isn't coming back.
2nd off IMO Mitch is the best at that station, which isn't saying a whole lot. I wouldn't mind just terminating that station and having 1090 be local all day. Sandmeyer/Churchill/Swartz is probably the best show in town
I think Mitch is one of the few talents on Seattle sports radio. I love his show, I can find Furness and Puckett enjoyable, and I like Sandmeyer. Elise and Jerry sounds like public access, I love Softy's heart but he gets obnoxious fast, and 710 is pretty much unlistenable without Salk.

I agree; Mitch is definitely no great sports mind but he's high entertainment and I enjoy his show.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2n0tn4xc said:
tifferradish":2n0tn4xc said:
I would absolutely love for Salk to come back and kick Danny Oneil out.
Re-unite Brock and Salk, and move Danny to the Noon to 3 slot and replace Groz. Make it the Bob and Danny show.

This....

I can't stand Groz.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I always liked Salk. He was a good anti-Brock. But I dont dislike Danny in any way... Will wait and see..

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Danny would be significantly better if he realized that he wasn't funny and should cut out 90% of his jokes. I don't think he's terrible overall, but he can definitely be grating at times.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2i8zuo9z said:
Danny would be significantly better if he realized that he wasn't funny and should cut out 90% of his jokes. I don't think he's terrible overall, but he can definitely be grating at times.

Yep. I like him overall, but he likes to talk over people to make a wisecrack and like an earlier poster stated, his cackle is TERRIBLE.

I'm happy with him and Brock. But if Salk comes back that's OK too.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Salk? Never heard of him as a Seahawk or Seahawk player so not sure why it's in this forum.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Danny doesn't tell jokes but the timbre of his voice can be grating at times.

I like the Brock and Danny show personally and I think I like it better than I liked Brock and Salk.

amill87

Reaction score
Kjr always seems to be on commercial whenever I'm driving. So I don't listen to it much.

When I'm at home during the day, I listen to 710 so both day shows.

Brock is an absolute stud on radio. He looks at things objectively and doesn't over react.

Groz is just the Groz. No one should be bothered by him. He openly admits who he is.

Wyman and mike aren't too bad. They offer good insights and are reasonable.

Danny is good when his reporter side comes out. There have been some really awkward moments when he gets mad though that is terrible sports radio.

Bob tries really hard to be a "realist". His rants mid season about how worried we need to be about the running game where so one sided. It felt really forced, like he was just putting out there to have a different opinion.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
pinksheets":1jzrtobs said:
davidonmi":1jzrtobs said:
seahawk 17":1jzrtobs said:
Please replace Mitch, he is the worst.
first off me mentioning KJR was mostly a joke, it's 710 or he isn't coming back.
2nd off IMO Mitch is the best at that station, which isn't saying a whole lot. I wouldn't mind just terminating that station and having 1090 be local all day. Sandmeyer/Churchill/Swartz is probably the best show in town
I think Mitch is one of the few talents on Seattle sports radio. I love his show, I can find Furness and Puckett enjoyable, and I like Sandmeyer. Elise and Jerry sounds like public access, I love Softy's heart but he gets obnoxious fast, and 710 is pretty much unlistenable without Salk.

What's to love about Mitch? The way he tells stories and constantly repeats things is downright nauseating.

Tical21

Reaction score
Steve Sandmeyer? STEVE SANDMEYER? Please tell me I'm missing the sarcasm. He's not as bad as Brock, but that dude is ridiculously annoying.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
When I first Salk when he started I hated his comments and attitude toward Seattle teams. Then I really hated him when PC was hired as Salk basically said PC has been and will be a joke of an NFL head coach. But when PC came in and changed the team and Salk saw he was wrong he kind of changed a little bit and became more analytical. I ended up liking the battle between him and Brock. I was actually sad when he left.

But I'll admit his first thoughts on Seattle fans was spot on. But now our fan base does have a different attitude and has been the most prominent fan base in the country.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Tical21":a2yj6v0n said:
Steve Sandmeyer? STEVE SANDMEYER? Please tell me I'm missing the sarcasm. He's not as bad as Brock, but that dude is ridiculously annoying.
Sandy is a realist and i like him. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one

rideaducati

Reaction score
It's kind of funny that Salk leaves and the Seahawks win the Superbowl and he gets let go just afterward. He missed out.

Basis4day

Reaction score
rideaducati":2fm2egxp said:
It's kind of funny that Salk leaves and the Seahawks win the Superbowl and he gets let go just afterward. He missed out.

And what's sad is shortly after he arrived at WEEI the Boston Marathon Bombing happened and the Aaron Hernandez story broke.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Salk should come to Spokane. We have 2 local sports talk shows in the afternoon and they're both just embarrassingly bad.

canfan

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":2n2dqfch said:
Missing_Clink":2n2dqfch said:
Take over for Bob and Groz

This please!! :pray: Can JSPC cut The Groz and have Bradley sign him in Jacksonville?

LOL! This Please!! :13:

drdiags

Reaction score
Program Director for 710ESPN, so that doesn't sound like on-air role

Matt Pitman ?@mattpitman 30s
Hey! Anyone recognize our new Program Director at @710ESPNSeattle?! Why, it's @TheMikeSalk! Congrats & see ya soon!