Is Salk coming back?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, as I understand it Salk followed a legend. The guy who comes in right after the legend never does well. Whichever bean head replaces Salk though will probably be fine.

I liked Brock and Salk, but I like Brock and Danny too, and I don't think Danny's really done anything to warrant being replaced. I think Wyman, Mike and Salk could work. Or Wyman Mike and Danny. Either way, Jim Moore is a boob and needs to go away.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Jim Moore definitely has to go, he ruined Kevin Colabro's show when 710 first started. KC left and they still kept that whiney kitten lover.

MVP53

Reaction score
drdiags":s4pky24e said:
Program Director for 710ESPN, so that doesn't sound like on-air role

Matt Pitman ?@mattpitman 30s
Hey! Anyone recognize our new Program Director at @710ESPNSeattle?! Why, it's @TheMikeSalk! Congrats & see ya soon!

If thats true, then I'm sure he'll be back on the air eventually. Maybe he just needs a bit of a break, or 710 just needs to sort out their lineup.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ll0hhkh said:
Jim Moore definitely has to go, he ruined Kevin Colabro's show when 710 first started. KC left and they still kept that whiney kitten lover.

The Go 2 Guy is easily the most hilarious guy on 710.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":heu2m8k1 said:
Throwdown":heu2m8k1 said:

Hilarious because he constantly embarrasses himself..? I personally don't find it funny when old people pee their pants in public, which is pretty much Jim Moore in a nutshell.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Basis4day":ebei0arj said:
Throwdown":ebei0arj said:

I think Wassell is.

Go 2 Guy is annoying and whiney to me.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":bsofoekc said:
I'm thinking Brock and Rock, seems so obvious.
Well, I thought it should be Rock and Brock, but ya, I see your point. :mrgreen:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
It's official....Mike Salk is back......

http://mynorthwest.com/444/2475024/Mike-Salk-returning-to-710-ESPN-Seattle

Mike Salk is returning to 710 ESPN Seattle as the station's program director and an on-air host, Bonneville Seattle announced Thursday.

Salk – who helped launch 710 ESPN Seattle in April 2009 and co-hosted "Brock and Salk" with Brock Huard for four years – will take over the station's programming duties beginning later this month. Additionally, Salk will eventually return to the airwaves in a yet-to-be-determined time slot and will have a presence on 710Sports.com.

gargantual

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":lv0ce4t8 said:
Smellyman":lv0ce4t8 said:
I like Danny

His cackle makes me cringe

Was just going to say this. He's grown on me somewhat, but that part can be grating at times. I'd like to hear more of Sando (always a treat when he's a guest), but he's a national figure, so little chance of him settling for a local hosting gig.

TwilightError

Reaction score
So Mike Salk took the milk train back to Seattle after failing in his native Boston. Great! I look forward to that pessimistic grunting and being terrified of the Arizona Cardinals :D

plyka

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2ytv5sjk said:
I like Danny O'Niel but I like Salk too.

I generally prefer 710 to KJR though.

The only thing i dont like on 710 is bob and groz. terrible radio. Neither of them does any research or generally has any clue what they are talking about to the point where it's infuriating to think that they actually have jobs getting paid to make crap up and completely screw up the simplest facts and statistics.

So right. I actually like to listen to Brock/Danny and the 3 in the later show (with the exception of the guy that always talks about himself, I forget his name). But the middle show is just awful. Bob and Groz seem out of place. They have an uncomfortable laugh and they have this shctick of trying to make fun of their listeners. That's actually good radio IF you can pull it off. These bozos cannot pull it off so it comes off as fake. And like you said, they don't have much good info.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Moore can be funny, but it grows tiresome after a while. I agree bob and groz way overdo it. They want to be the best show do they nickname it the show of record and Clayton's best appearance of the week thinking it's clever. And it really isn't. And yes they do make fun of their listeners in a really in creative way. Overall not great radio

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Throwdown":1yjwdonw said:
I think Wassell is.

Go 2 Guy is annoying and whiney to me.

I think Moore is sort of funny, but meh I wouldn't miss him if he left.

Wassell is pretty great, I don't always agree with him but he's an enjoyable element of Brock and Danny to keep those two in line when they go full homer.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Wassell is great but he wasnt needed so much when Salk was in. He actually sometimes had legit negative opinions about seattles athletes, not just full blown homerism or forced disagreements.

MVP53

Reaction score
My take, FWIW...

Morning
Mitch: Ok, but at times feel like I'm listening to a production meeting on the air. I'm not big into the contests or the Bigger Dance personally.
Mike & Mike: Great national show. I actually miss getting The Herd in the morning, but Mike & Mike are consistently solid.
Tiki, Brandon & Dana: Actually a very good show I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Mid Day
Ian & Puckett: Solid. They did a great job with Arena stuff, and they're both Cougs, so I enjoy the bone they throw WSU now & then.
Brock & Danny: Good, but not as good as when it was Brock & Salk. Not a big Danny O'Neill guy.
Elise & Jerry: Meh
Bob & Groz: Meh. I like Stelton, but Groz has been pretty tough for a while now.
Doug Gottlieb: Ok, although his natural area of expertise is NBA & college hoops, which doesn't move the needle for me.
Jim Rome: I just don't get it. He reads a lot of weird tweets that I would guess are funny if you get the joke. Don't ever seem to get much in the way of actual sports coverage.

Afternoon/Evening
Sandy, Church & Schwartz: Great show, ever since Salk left, this might be my favorite show.
Softy: Still solid, love the passion. I'm out if he starts talking UW sports though.
Wyman, Mike & Moore: Eh. They're ok. Moore is funny, you just have to take him for what he is. He doesn't pretend to be an expert, which is nice.
Wassell & Colin: Very solid later night option.
Mariners Show w/ Rick Rizzs & Shannon Drayer: Brutally bad. I just can't listen because it's basically nothing but an M's rah fest. Would be nice if they were allowed to be somewhat critical & objective some times.

davidonmi

Reaction score
your opinions mirror mine, Brock and Danny is okay. Church/Sandy/Schwartz is the best in town right now. Wassell and Paisley is also a good show.
I'm a Mariners fan and have been dying for some baseball talk. But that show is literally unlistenable, nothing but a bunch of bland players and coaches, and nothing but rah rah. Rizzs is an outstanding commentator but as an analyst he sucks

CANHawk

Reaction score
MVP53":32ej9s02 said:
Wyman, Mike & Moore: Eh. They're ok. Moore is funny, you just have to take him for what he is. He doesn't pretend to be an expert, which is nice.

Yeah, but why does anyone want to listen to a guy who doesn't know nothin about nothin? Guy's just a boob.