Is this an NFL forum, or a 9ers forum?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3rlxk6rz said:
I'd rather all the ninnies crap was dumped in one thread. It would stop the pollution of the NFL forum and hide our strange obsession with that team

I don't understand the aggravation level... You've participated in so many of them and it generally isn't you saying "wish this thread wasn't here". Though I have seen it one or two times in the past.

search.php?keywords=49ers+niners+ninnies+whiners&terms=any&author=tech+worlds&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I'm not a big FF guy but I don't pop into the "how does my team look?" threads and gripe about people's obsession with it or ask that all FF threads be combined so they don't pollute my "view new" results.

The Niner related threads are hardly difficult to filter out as you scan down the page. Just seems like griping for the sake of griping.

mikeak

Reaction score
If really an issue how about a sub forum? NFL and then that split into each of the other division rivals and then the other 31 teams as others...

themunn

Reaction score
Until another team becomes a sustained threat to us it will remain that way. If the Cardinals go on a roll and start winning 10+ games every year and challenge us for the division there will be more threads about them too.

How SF are doing is infinitely more relevant and interesting than how any AFC team are doing

NINEster

Reaction score
I just noticed Marvin has more posts here than I do on the Zone!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
chris98251":1nlxokxp said:
One thread that moves from one topic to another with no context depending on who's talking about what topic or situation. No Thanks, you have to search for what topic posts you are involved with.

This takes a bit of work to keep clean but is worth it, we can lock or delete or move topics depending on situations and if so degeneration.

Agreed. That's a nightmare like the DenialZone.

Then there is their .com board in which those concatenated threads bomb out...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IMHO I think there's only two legitimate complaints about the webzone, and the biggest one is squarely related to this topic:

The way they pool threads makes it hard to both read and discuss things. Using a loose interpretation of Godwin's Law* I think it also prevents from the first page or two of decent posting on any given topic. It also just doesn't make any sense to post about why nobody is signing LaMichael James in a 60 page, years old thread about him being drafted.

*As threads get longer they're increasingly stupid and trollish, even if they never get to Hitler.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
So, what I am getting from all the people here is that this very forum is so much better than all the 9er forums that you guys have taken up residence?

Am I wrong?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":ehg1yscx said:
So, what I am getting from all the people here is that this very forum is so much better than all the 9er forums that you guys have taken up residence?

Am I wrong?

Yeah, you're wrong. I barely post on the webzone for the reasons stated above because it's a personal quibble of mine, so I post at other places where the things they do that I don't like don't happen to bother me as much.Not that my opinion matters, but I think the webzone also does some things better than how they're done here.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
So, you have almost 1,300 posts here, your bud is goin for a 4000 burger, and WE'RE doing it wrong?

chris98251

Reaction score
No here we don't agree with him most the time, so being a 49er fan it must be wrong, that and we allow banter and tend to allow the debate to happen till it peters out or goes off topic and is locked. We also keep things from going to R and X rated.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":2evzmla6 said:

Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong

To me personally (and I don't have to face the wrath of Webzone mods so I can't speak to that) I enjoy it here because its a different perspective. I know the Seahawks much better by posting here than I would if I were only on a 49er forum.

I spend a lot more time here than any other non-49er forum, but I've spent time on Packer, Panther, Chiefs, Bears, Ravens and Giants forums as well. I do it for a different perspective.

I spend a lot of time here because it happens to be the Niners biggest current rival...which is the same reason I'd suspect there are always so many 49er topics here.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1b2246cu said:
Largent80":1b2246cu said:

Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong

To me personally (and I don't have to face the wrath of Webzone mods so I can't speak to that) I enjoy it here because its a different perspective. I know the Seahawks much better by posting here than I would if I were only on a 49er forum.

I spend a lot more time here than any other non-49er forum, but I've spent time on Packer, Panther, Chiefs, Bears, Ravens and Giants forums as well. I do it for a different perspective.

I spend a lot of time here because it happens to be the Niners biggest current rival...which is the same reason I'd suspect there are always so many 49er topics here.

Admit it, you do it because you wish you were a Seahawks fan.

:th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":30u278gh said:
Marvin49":30u278gh said:
Largent80":30u278gh said:

Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong

Admit it, you do it because you wish you were a Seahawks fan.

:th2thumbs:

That I can say in unequivocally false. I'll never be a fan of a different team.

...I will say tho that there were some peeps recently on the Webzone who took issue with me posting over here as much as I do. Was kinda funny.

hawker84

Reaction score
Of Course Marv, some folks can't seem to grasp that some of us actually enjoy talking football outside of our perspective teams, and it's good to mingle with opposing fans. Who know's you may actually learn something new from time to time doing that.

I hardly ever post on enemy boards any more, just have to wade through too much garbage to find a good discussion, but i do read other boards frequently still, i like to be knowledgable when discussing teams of opposing fans.. call me crazy..

I read your game thoughts every week, learn a ton about the Niners (week in and week out) just reading that one post alone.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ :th2thumbs:

chris98251":1dyd4387 said:
No here we don't agree with him most the time, so being a 49er fan it must be wrong

TBF, If I had trouble with being disagreed with it would be really weird for me to have ever started posting here to begin with, no?

FWIW I also think I'm a pretty boring topic of discussion.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":3uuycybr said:
Of Course Marv, some folks can't seem to grasp that some of us actually enjoy talking football outside of our perspective teams, and it's good to mingle with opposing fans. Who know's you may actually learn something new from time to time doing that.

I hardly ever post on ememy boards any more, just have to wade through too much garbage to find a good discussion, but i do read other boards frequently still, i like to be knowledgable when discussing teams of opposing fans.. call me crazy..

I read your game thoughts every week, learn a ton about the Niners (week in and week out) just reading that one post alone.

Danka. :D

ivotuk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":258b4g78 said:
There are 13 49er threads that I counted in the NFL Nation forum out of the most recent 75.

Every one of them was started by a Seahawks fan.

Including this one. :lol: