Is Thursday another MUST WIN?

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cb4yc21 said:
One of the two remaining road conference games IMO are a must win, maybe both...........so take your pick, win @ SF or win @ Arizona.

Since I hate SF more than Arizona, I'll pick this one.

If we out, we just need AZ to lose one other game and the division is ours. Otherwise, if AZ's only other loss is us, then they take the division regardless of us being 12-4.

If we go 11-5, then were asking for more to happen but were guaranteed a playoff spot.

At 10-6, its a long shot, and at least 2 favored teams will have to lose 2-3 out of the next 5.

After next week, these scenarios will show way more face. Next week is pretty big for a lot of NFC teams.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":21043xuh said:
One of the two remaining road conference games IMO are a must win, maybe both...........so take your pick, win @ SF or win @ Arizona.

Since I hate SF more than Arizona, I'll pick this one.
Yep the simplest way of putting this is

If we want a playoff spot: We need to win 3 of the 4 remaining divisional games

If we want to win the division: We need to win at least 3 of the 4 remaining divisional games, most likely 4 of the 4 remaining divisional games

The Eagles Game is a bonus game, it won't hurt us or help us nearly as much as the divisional games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2rlyalso said:
The Eagles Game is a bonus game, it won't hurt us or help us nearly as much as the divisional games.

It'll hurt us if we're fighting the Eagles for one of the wildcard spots, which as of now we are.

nolachawks

Reaction score
Correct, I'm saying we win the division and leave the wild card mess to the other teams. But when it comes to the wildcards it would help if the Bears started playing lights out and then the Eagles to lose to us but sweep the Cowboys.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I would hesitate to call it a MUST win.. as they could run the table after Thursday and probably be fine.. but our margin of error is really small at this point.. so every game is incredibly important.

The Eagles game though, in terms of tie-breakers and what not.. is probably even bigger than Thursday's.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1v13hbs1 said:
RunTheBall":1v13hbs1 said:

It'll hurt us if we're fighting the Eagles for one of the wildcard spots, which as of now we are.

Kinda correct. It looks like its extremely likely for a 3 way tie for the wild cards. 3-way or more ties throw out head-2-head unless a team swept both teams. I dont think there will be any teams in the wild card hunt where 3 all played each other. (remember that there will be a division winner in philly and dallas, so if they tie, they will first use a tiebreaker for them, and then the lose will fall into the 3-way tie of wild card teams).

I cant think of any 3 way ties in the wild card section where all 3 teams played each other. So head to head is out.

Of course, this is if there is a 3 way tie. If its just us and the eagles, then yes, they will take the tiebreaker.

A

Anonymous

If we end up losing to Philly, we may end up having to all be HUGE Niner fans come week 17.

That is really gonna be hard to do.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":12okm1ei said:
If we end up losing to Philly, we may end up having to all be HUGE Niner fans come week 17.

That is really gonna be hard to do.

Meh, shouldn't be too hard. After all, it's not really rooting for them; it's indirectly rooting for us.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2q735z84 said:
It really is, is it not? gotta pretty much win out against division opponents to make the playoffs.
Who in the NFC is headed for a tailpipe job, as in choke of epic proportions? Lions? Cowpatties? Eagles? all of those look ripe for a collapse.

Every game is a must win

sutz

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1cg3duo8 said:
We would probably get in with an 11-5 record, but this week has to be considered another must-win in terms of the division race. The Cards are slightly favored on Sunday, and if we allow them to stretch their lead back out to three then we're probably out of the NFC West race.

A loss here wouldn't end our wildcard hopes though.
This. :13: Not totally life or death, but if we keep winning, we maintain a shot at winning the div and getting a home playoff game.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2vse9xo2 said:
Chapow":2vse9xo2 said:
HoustonHawk82":2vse9xo2 said:
Again, use this...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

It makes everything crystal clear.

Thank you. You're right, that does make it crystal clear that Thursday is not a must win.

;)

Heh, I just went through that machine and played out three scenarios:

1. All other games go as I think they will, and Seattle wins out: Seahawks get #1 seed, Cardinals get #5 seed, Cowboys and 49ers miss the playoffs.

2. All other games go as I think they will, and Seattle loses to SF on Thanksgiving, but wins out otherwise: Seahawks get #3 seed, 49ers get #5 seed, #6 Cardinals come to Seattle in the WC round, byes for GB and Philly.

3. All other games go as I think they will, and Seattle loses to SF on Thanksgiving and to Philly on the road: Seahawks get #6 seed, have to go to #3 SF in the WC round, Arizona gets #5 seed, byes for GB and Philly.

There are plenty of scenarios that get the Seahawks into the postseason. Any realistic scenario that gives Seattle a bye involves the Seahawks winning out. Any realistic shot at winning the division involves us sweeping Arizona and rooting for the Falcons or Chiefs to pull an upset when they play the Cards.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If there's anything even remotely resembling a "can-lose" game in the NFL, it's an out-of-conference game. All of which are behind the Seahawks this season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":5ascx2of said:
All the remaining games are must win, it is simple, please don't ask again.
:13: THIS :13: