Is Thursday another MUST WIN?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1ksd7rvj said:
..............1. All other games go as I think they will, and Seattle wins out: Seahawks get #1 seed, Cardinals get #5 seed, Cowboys and 49ers miss the playoffs..................
Talk about as good as it gets. Us #1 and Cowpatties and Whiners watching from home. :179417:

byau

Reaction score
I think every game is a must win.

Mindset. Momentum. Swagger.

Once the playoffs come the Seahawks need to be undefeated for the final goal of hoisting another Lombardi, so why not make that a habit now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":20fgx7bq said:
We would probably get in with an 11-5 record, but this week has to be considered another must-win in terms of the division race. The Cards are slightly favored on Sunday, and if we allow them to stretch their lead back out to three then we're probably out of the NFC West race.

A loss here wouldn't end our wildcard hopes though.

agreed here, but if we dont win Thursday we have to win at Philly.

I still think 10-6 does it. 11-5 will be the 5th seed (and could win the division)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ooau219 said:
volsunghawk":1ooau219 said:
..............1. All other games go as I think they will, and Seattle wins out: Seahawks get #1 seed, Cardinals get #5 seed, Cowboys and 49ers miss the playoffs..................
Talk about as good as it gets. Us #1 and Cowpatties and Whiners watching from home. :179417:

For the record, this requires Philly to sweep Dallas, for the Pats to beat the Packers in Green Bay, and for the Cards to drop their road game at the Rams.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I have to admit that I find it pretty funny that the 9ers and Hawks could split their matchups and in the process knock each other from the playoffs.

That's a hilarious amount of poetic justice for Cards fans who sat out at 10-6 last year and have had to deal with being almost completely ignored while in first place this year because 9ers and Hawks fans rarely bother to look up from throwing daggers at each other.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
They don't have to win to get into the playoffs.

But beating the 49ers is always oh so satisfying.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1awus8yx said:

Yeah, there is this. It's not a must-win to get into the playoffs, but it's sure as hell a must-win in order to have a great Thanksgiving from start to finish.

grizbob

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":219d4qtv said:

Yup! But the flip side with my siblings and their spawn being ninner fans makes the following week unbearable. So yeah it's a must win for my sanity :180670:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3dicc3i9 said:
I have to admit that I find it pretty funny that the 9ers and Hawks could split their matchups and in the process knock each other from the playoffs.

That's a hilarious amount of poetic justice for Cards fans who sat out at 10-6 last year and have had to deal with being almost completely ignored while in first place this year because 9ers and Hawks fans rarely bother to look up from throwing daggers at each other.

The weird thing about the Cards, is it doesn't feel like they should be leading the division, though. At least, not to me. Don't get me wrong... Arians is doing a hell of a job and should be COY again, but it feels like a lot of smoke and mirrors, doesn't it? They catch Dallas in the one game when Romo is out? They benefit from four 4th quarter turnovers against Washington? They dodge a bullet against Philly when Matthews lands out of bounds on the last play of the game? A bad snap by the Chargers pushes them out of FG range in the 4th quarter and Arizona ends up winning by 1? All these little things have gone their way, and that's been enough for them to build the lead in the division they have. But they just don't look like a 9-2 team the same way the Patriots look like a 9-2 team. And DVOA supports that argument.

While I don't think it is likely to happen, I could in all honesty see the Cards finishing 1-4 over their last 5 games.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Yeah, totally agreed. I've been a Cardinals disbeliever all year, and pretty vocally so. If anything I was glad the Hawks won on Sunday because it was a weak confirmation that I haven't been crazy all year with what I thought I was seeing.

That said, while I've never thought they looked like a 9-1 or 9-2 team, how about a 7-4 team? I'm a 9ers fan and can't say that over the year as a whole they've looked any less capable than the 9ers or Hawks. IMO the NFCW is very much a three-way race between three above average but clearly imperfect teams.

I wouldn't surprised to see the Cards slip back down to .500 over these final six games (meaning, they'd go 3-2 from here) but I just don't see them totally imploding and going 0-5 or 1-4.

AgentDib

Reaction score
We "must" win four of the next five games. While this game by itself is not a must win, it would really suck to need to sweep the remainder of the schedule. OTOH if we win and AZ drops their coin flip game in ATL then our playoff chances dramatically improve.