"It’s time for Seattle to shut up"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1e4zr9u7 said:
Sgt. Largent":1e4zr9u7 said:
No, that's what our players did to themselves.

You can't go 2-3 straight years talking crazy amounts of crap, telling anyone who'd listen that you're the greatest defense in the history of the game, calling WR's mediocre, picking fights with Skip Bayless, calling out Cris Carter to the camera, pooping footballs, etc..........then not expect everyone to THOROUGHLY enjoy your fall from grace.

There is no fall from grace. Where is it?

You must not have watched the game Saturday. When Vegas has you with the best odds to win the SB in the preseason, and you get destroyed in the playoffs = fall from grace.

Hopefully we can reload and get back on top, but believe me other team's fans and media LOVE when we get our poop pushed in. Why? I just explained it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1501su4e said:
Largent80":1501su4e said:
Sgt. Largent":1501su4e said:

You can't go 2-3 straight years talking crazy amounts of crap, telling anyone who'd listen that you're the greatest defense in the history of the game, calling WR's mediocre, picking fights with Skip Bayless, calling out Cris Carter to the camera, pooping footballs, etc..........then not expect everyone to THOROUGHLY enjoy your fall from grace.

You must not have watched the game Saturday. When Vegas has you with the best odds to win the SB in the preseason, and you get destroyed in the playoffs = fall from grace.

Hopefully we can reload and get back on top, but believe me other team's fans and media LOVE when we get our poop pushed in. Why? I just explained it.

Vegas is about making money, they don't have squat to do with football. You don't win SB's in the pre-season either.

We had our star player injured in the first game, you must have watched it. There is no fall from grace, the dude was injured again 2 games later and gutted out the entire season. We WON the West and our first playoff game. Hardly a fall from grace.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":qliw04wi said:
Archer":qliw04wi said:
Actually I think the media and fans need to shut up. I see far more whining from them than anyone on our team. Last I checked we had a 53 man roster, and we have literally 3 people that have said anything on the national stage this year.

I also think it's pathetic that fans are not supporting this team. In 2009 I would have KILLED for the year that we just had. Remember 2011 and how exhilarating it was to win a playoff game even with a crappy 7-9 team? I had so much fun that year despite the thrashing in Chicago the week after.

This year was frustrating to everyone, because of the high expectations of this team. But it's a complete joke to expect to go to the superbowl every year. We are TWO YEARS removed from back to back superbowls and we are whining like we are the Browns. We have won a playoff game the last two years, this year despite star players (including our QB) being ravaged by injuries.

Also the rest of the world can remember the Seahawks for the infamous interception, but I remember the CHAMPIONSHIP that this team and these coaches brought to our franchise. I will never forget the amazing feeling I had from Sherman's tip to win against the hated niners and the subsequent drumming of the "best offense ever" in the Broncos. If that's all we ever get, then I lived to see the Seahawks win in extraordinary fashion, and not every team's fan can say that.

Do I want more? Of course, but I never want to turn into my coworker who was literally bitching because Green Bay didn't win against the Cowboys "by enough". At that point, why are you even watching if you can't enjoy your success? We are a top 8 team and need to re-tool. I have faith in Schneider and Carroll to fix the few issues we have and I am looking forward to next year and ANOTHER playoff berth.

Have fun whining.
Summed up beautifully :2thumbs:
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :irishdrinkers: Some of the biggest snivelers are right HERE, it is THEY who "Need To Shut Up"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":2xu1qyrg said:
Sgt. Largent":2xu1qyrg said:
Largent80":2xu1qyrg said:
Sgt. Largent":2xu1qyrg said:

Vegas is about making money, they don't have squat to do with football. You don't win SB's in the pre-season either.

We had our star player injured in the first game, you must have watched it. There is no fall from grace, the dude was injured again 2 games later and gutted out the entire season. We WON the West and our first playoff game. Hardly a fall from grace.

You can fixate on my phrasing all you want, but what I said is still true.

Guys like Wilbon wouldn't have a reason to say things like this if we didn't spend the last 4-5 years talking so much crap. Has it helped us win? Sure, you can make a case that our team's personality has helped. But it's also contributed to being an annoyance to national media and fans.

That's all Wilbon is saying. "You lost Seahawks, so stop talking."

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3pg5b6v6 said:
twisted_steel2":3pg5b6v6 said:
The rest of the world remembers how we curb stomped the Bronocs.... BUT they're only going to rub the INT in our faces over and over. That's what opposing fans and media do

Of course, no one is disputing that.

My point is we're only going to get reflected back at us(social media, sports websites, etc) from opposing fans and media is the bad stuff, not the good stuff. And that doesn't mean all that good stuff isn't and hasn't happened.

Nature of sports fans.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3j3t3zln said:
Sgt. Largent":3j3t3zln said:
twisted_steel2":3j3t3zln said:
The rest of the world remembers how we curb stomped the Bronocs.... BUT they're only going to rub the INT in our faces over and over. That's what opposing fans and media do

My point is we're only going to get reflected back at us(social media, sports websites, etc) from opposing fans and media is the bad stuff, not the good stuff. And that doesn't mean all that good stuff isn't and hasn't happened.

Nature of sports fans.

Of course, but doesn't mean some of the national criticism of our team isn't valid. It is.

Bottom line for me is I'm optimistic about the Hawks right now with Russell in his prime. BUT, and it's a big BUT...........Pete needs to reign in some of the noise and nonsense going on with a few players. Some attitudes need to be adjusted, or else this issue is going to keep rearing it's ugly head going forward.

Talent wise, we've got 80-90% of what we need to win a SB. The question is do we have the right mindset, team chemistry and wild dog mentality that got us to those two straight SB's. I'm not so sure.

seahawksny

Reaction score
I ask myself.....

If Bennett and Sherman werent Seahawks, how much would I respect them? I WOULDNT
Shut up and just play already

As far as Earl coming out of left field throwing Brady under the bus. Theres a fine line between logic and moronic. That was 100% moronic.

Just shut up please.

This year, our team really turned me off. I just want to see wins, not bitching and moaning.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7aaee3cu said:
twisted_steel2":7aaee3cu said:
Sgt. Largent":7aaee3cu said:
twisted_steel2":7aaee3cu said:

Nature of sports fans.

Of course, but doesn't mean some of the national criticism of our team isn't valid. It is.

Bottom line for me is I'm optimistic about the Hawks right now with Russell in his prime. BUT, and it's a big BUT...........Pete needs to reign in some of the noise and nonsense going on with a few players. Some attitudes need to be adjusted, or else this issue is going to keep rearing it's ugly head going forward.

Talent wise, we've got 80-90% of what we need to win a SB. The question is do we have the right mindset, team chemistry and wild dog mentality that got us to those two straight SB's. I'm not so sure.

Oh yea, we give 'em tons of ammo. For sure.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Team has become the Miami Hurricanes of the 80's
And I dont mean that by the amount of wins

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ueanz9w said:
Sounds like a little tongue in cheek from Wilbon, but the sentiment is correct...........enough with the nonsense. It's time to get back to work and knock off the noise that's disrupting the chemistry and causing distractions.

Yeah, it was definitely a bit tongue in cheek.

The joke of the segment was that Wilbon went on a crazy rant about how Travis Kelce needs to shut up, then goes on a crazy rant about how Antonio Brown needs to shut up, and then goes on a crazy rant about how the Seahawks need to shut up at which point Kornheiser says that he's afraid that if he tries to disagree Wilbon will murder him in his sleep.

When you just read it outside of the context of the segment it seems really nuts, but how nuts it is was what the joke was.

So, maybe some of the sentiment is real, but on the actual show the joke itself was how over the top Eilbon was being throughout the whole segment.

Edit: if anyone wants to listen to it in context the PTI podcast is just the audio from the show. IIRC it's the first segment from Monday or Tuesday this week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe HE needs to shut up as well. Typical blowhard media guy. This team is far from being washed up. Keep telling yourself that buddy.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
After his last press conference, might be a good idea for Pete Carroll to follow this advice for a bit.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I definitely wish our guys wouldn't do stuff like the outburts by Bennett and Sherman and Earl's tweet.

However I do find it ironic that these guys take heat for being outspoken and yet RW gets crticized for just saying cliches and not saying anything interesting. So what does the media want?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":hbv0xlwq said:
What the national media are saying about the Seahawks’ future

“It’s time for Seattle to shut up. Bennett, all of them, shut up! All they are now is an ordinary, washed-up former champion, and they run their mouths and tell you what they’re not gonna talk about, not gonna do. Then, their over-caffeinated coach, who stops at every corner of Seattle and drinks something: one of those lattes, something special… shut up, Seattle. You guys are overrated, now. You don’t win anything. Shut up!”

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...=twitter.com&utm_campaign=owned_buffer_sports

Who is Michael Wilbon?
Michael Wilbon was right!

Pete Carroll should have just shut up!

Losing a draft pick is a big deal!

Draft picks turn into franchise cornerstone players!

Any draft pick loss is extremely detrimental to a team.

sondevil89

Reaction score
It's the old adage: you can talk all the shyt you want, as long as you can back it up.

Problem is, they are not backing it up, everyone talks about the third lowest scoring defense but the good QB's light them up. Truth is, they are very predictable on defense and the good QB's know how to adjust to everything they do. Brock was talking about this today and how the D has become progressively less aggressive every year since '13.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":eqyr1ali said:
I definitely wish our guys wouldn't do stuff like the outburts by Bennett and Sherman and Earl's tweet.

However I do find it ironic that these guys take heat for being outspoken and yet RW gets crticized for just saying cliches and not saying anything interesting. So what does the media want?

I think the media loves Baldwin actually. He's now calm, gives well thought out, insightful responses and is very well spoken. He generally avoids cliches and is respectful of the media and appears genuine in his emotions as opposed to the Wilson robot persona. I can certainly see him as an analyst in a few years.

The electric, wild personalities of Sherman, Bennett and Lynch grab headlines though and provide as much entertainment as sports can offer. A lot of people just fear brashness and directness.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
There are like 4 teams in the NFL who get talked about even when they aren't playing. The Seahawks.... The Seattle Seahawks are now one of them.