It’s time for the Seahawks to end the Eddie Lacy experiment

hawknation2017

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2bh0sv7d said:
Does anyone here believe Christine Michael would have been decent in this offense? We all know, he wasn't THE ANSWER, but ... at least he could move the pile and give us some first down running. Once in a while, he would break one... and stumble "unforced" after some 10+ yards.
Lacy is just tough to watch. Tough to watch ...

Yeah, I think Michael (at least at the end of his tenure as a Seahawk) was head and shoulders above Lacy. The problem is Michael has dealt with injuries too. He was IR'd by the Colts before the season.

It seems harder than ever to keep RBs healthy. Maybe part of that is the lack of tackling in practice. Guys are just not as used to getting hit at game time because they haven't practiced it. That leads to more awkward tackles and falls.

I hope our next RB prospect was a picture of health in college with a proven track record.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":dm2v3vat said:
WindCityHawk":dm2v3vat said:
I look eagerly forward to the death of Snark in internet writing. But the numbers don't lie. I work with a Packers fan who laughed when we picked up Lacy. I said the change of scenery might reinvigorate him, clear his head and get him back to rookie form (I'm an optimist in the off-season, I swear!). My co-worker just shook his head and said, "Keep telling yourself that. You'll see."

Well, he's right. We've seen.

I, too, put a lot of stock in what fans of a free agent's previous team say about him. It's a bracing jolt that gets through our own inevitable bias. Nobody in Packers country was particularly sorry to see Lacy go, and that was telling.

To be fair, I told him the same thing when they picked up Christine Michael.

I guess we're even? Yay?