It All Comes Down To Next Week Against The Rams

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The Rams are dangerous. It's going to be a challenging game.

The things working in our favor are improved play by the Seahawks offensive line, particularly by Duane Brown, and some fairly weak play by the Rams' cornerbacks (at least in comparison to the blanket coverage we witnessed against Jacksonville).

Their rookie SS John John Johnson III is actually a very good player. The play from both of their safeties has been pretty strong in terms of their cover skills. Not hard hitting, downhill guys, but they have good instincts.

We also need to attack the middle of the field in the passing game. Their LBs are pretty weak in coverage.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Can the Seahawks establish a running game and make the Rams pay for overaggressive pursuit into the backfield?

The Rams are ranked 30th in rushing yards allowed per carry and 28th in rushing yards allowed per game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Game is a toss up, and it should be when 2 teams are battling for the division lead. Bring it on.
Hawks are also a dangerous team that the Rams have to deal with.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
12thbrah":2gdkebwr said:
this will not be your typical rams seahawks low score slugfest. With these offenses and pedestrian defenses there will be fireworks.

It would not surprise me to see that a Field Goal determines the winner in the last minute of the game. 30-27

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rams are going to kick us in the teeth and end the misery that this and the past two seasons have been.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3a5ir1pj said:
Says the guy who claimed we would get smoked by the Eagles. :34853_doh:

This is the .NET.

After we lose a game, we won't win another game again this season.

After we win a game, we are unstoppable.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3uo2f8yn said:
Says the guy who claimed we would get smoked by the Eagles. :34853_doh:

I picked the Jags to win. Do I get credit for that?

RCATES

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ss7t2vg said:
Rams D sucks. Other than that D Line, they have nothing. Teams are putting up 30 burgers on them all the time, and the Hawks will do the same. Gotta' watch the cheap shots though. Take a look at the replay of the Wentz injury, that guy was flat out going for the knees, period.

I wouldn't say they suck but they have definitely struggled as of late.

The Rams defense over the past four weeks:

28th in points allowed
29th in yards allowed
28th in passing yards allowed
28th in rushing yards allowed
32nd in opponent yards per carry (over 5.1)

adeltaY

Reaction score
The Rams defense manhandled that Jags offense in Jacksonville and harassed Bortles all game. The same Bortles we only touched once on what was arguably a late hit by Frank Clark. The Titans also suck. They just lost a game where they put up 7 points on the Cards of all teams. Mariota's hammy has been bad for a while and indications are he might need cleanup surgery. The Rams should handle them.

The Rams defense is good. They're 4th in DVOA. They also play very well against our offense. Like Ramfan said, they held us to 16 points when we forced FIVE turnovers. That's just embarrassing for our offense. Russell is going to have to play the game of his life to win this one.

StoneCold

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2ocsxe7o said:
I'm all for the battle. But it is really down to week to week. I don't see how anyone can make predictions. We are in the corner of city facing the Huns right now. Basically praying for victory............I'll start praying :D

Very true, but we still have a large quantity of hot oil to pour on them when they attack.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Have people not learned that the NFL is a week to week league. I see so many people use this type of logic:

We lost to the Titans, the Titans lost to Arizona, therefore Arizona must be better than us. Or, the Jags lost to the Rams, and we lost to the Jags, therefore the Rams are better than us.

So are the Dolphins better than pretty much every team the Patriots beat this season? I guess the Dolphins are the best team in the NFL since they just beat the defending champs.

The NFL is all about matchups. What the Rams did against the Jags has nothing to do with us.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Well if the Rams could get consistent pressure on a line that blanked our DL, their DL is probably better than ours.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2j3hxel4 said:
Have people not learned that the NFL is a week to week league. I see so many people use this type of logic:

We lost to the Titans, the Titans lost to Arizona, therefore Arizona must be better than us. Or, the Jags lost to the Rams, and we lost to the Jags, therefore the Rams are better than us.

So are the Dolphins better than pretty much every team the Patriots beat this season? I guess the Dolphins are the best team in the NFL since they just beat the defending champs.

The NFL is all about matchups. What the Rams did against the Jags has nothing to do with us.

Agree completely.

Except. After Rams beat Jags this group of fans acts like Jags suck. Hawks lose to Jags and omg it's just a game on the road v a good team.

original poster

Reaction score
This is going to be a high scoring affair, I bet.

The Rams D has been far from dominating the last few weeks and no doubt the Rams O will get theirs on Sunday.

Whether this translates into points is yet to be determined but I expect both Russ and Goff to have plenty of yards through the air.

This may well be the game an actual RB gets close to 100 yards, too!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looking forward to the Hawks getting it done on Sunday, only to come on here and not see a single Debbie Downer admitting they were wrong, yet again :2thumbs:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I don't see rams losing 2 of 3. So hawks will need to win out. Rams and Dallas worry me.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Any updates on Bobby Wagner or KJ Wright.