It was never a REBUILD!

Rainger

Reaction score
It was NEVER a re build! Pete told us that. Believe him.

It was changing of guard. Team was always there former QB wasn't.

Just like college ball, new players come in every year, they dont rebuild. They recruit.

The core of this team was here, the staff was here, Pete just treated this off season like a new year in college ball where the QB gets drafted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Think about it, other than getting rid of the QB, they had a draft, like they always do(probably one of the better ones) and made some scheme changes.

There was no fire sale, no massive FA signing out of the normal no complete change of the team in moves like the first 2 years which was a rebuild.

acer1240

Reaction score
It seems like half the roster turned over. If you don't want to put a label on it that's fine because the results have been impressive. This is fun right now.

acer1240

Reaction score
Half of the roster did not. The number of moves were no greater than most years, other than the haul from the trade and the draft.
Of course. I didn't think that you would take that literally. The changes that were made were A+. The turnover that happened was the best thing long term for the team.

acer1240

Reaction score
The best thing the Hawks did was honor Russ’ request to leave. Russ often went off script and we saw the results. Not sure what happened but Denver is seeing what happened to us is happening to Denver.
And it's glorious to watch.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
It absolutely was NOT a rebuild. that was a national media thing that the local media bought into. Most of the offensive talent was already there... yeah, they got a good draft order and killed the draft, starting the rooks which was PART of the slow start on D but this team would have been in playoff contention last year if it were not for Russ at least that's my opinion.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
It absolutely was NOT a rebuild. that was a national media thing that the local media bought into. Most of the offensive talent was already there... yeah, they got a good draft order and killed the draft, starting the rooks which was PART of the slow start on D but this team would have been in playoff contention last year if it were not for Russ at least that's my opinion.
Unfortunately too many on .NET also bought into it.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately too many on .NET also bought into it.
Thats because of the media. Thats why i dont listen to the media, because they are mostly shock jocks just looking for ratings. I have watched Pete Carroll make fools out of the media for years. Ive just learned to be patient because things are not always what they seem. Pete in my experience teaches the same way even though he uses different schemes etc, but its the same way of getting players and coaches to perform. Just my take

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Man I am so tired of reading posts continually saying this is a rebuild year.

Pete said it was NOT a rebuild. Why don't you believe him?

Why do .netters know better and believe the team is in rebuild mode just because they got rid of a QB that was holding the team back.

There was no fire sale, no massive turnover more than any other year since 2012.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
It was the media who said that just because they moved on from RW and made cap space for the draft haul.

This team is showing they are not in rebuild!!!!!!

Teams are always changing personal, people saying that this is a rebuild are actually saying RW3 was the Seahawks and because he is gone the Seahawks are therefore no good and rebuilding.

I bet this grates Petes ass as much as mine.

Last edited:

Nunya

Reaction score
Man I am so tired of reading posts continually saying this is a rebuild year.

Pete said it was NOT a rebuild. Why don't you believe him?

Why do .netters know better and believe the team is in rebuild mode just because they got rid of a QB that was holding the team back.

There was no fire sale, no massive turnover more than any other year since 2012.
Can we call it a remodel?

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Can we call it a remodel?
Haha yes every year is. Think of college ball every year there is a massive turn over.

If you change your house a rebuild would be tearing it down and building something entirely new.

Yes a remodel is keeping what you have and giving it a little paint and some new fittings.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
If they hadn't nailed every draft pick as astronomically right as they nailed them, it would be very obvious it was a rebuild. You don't start 6 rookies if you're just a piece or two away from being competitive. You're diminishing the absolutely incredible job they did in doing it in one off-season.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
If they hadn't nailed every draft pick as astronomically right as they nailed them, it would be very obvious it was a rebuild. You don't start 6 rookies if you're just a piece or two away from being competitive. You're diminishing the absolutely incredible job they did in doing it in one off-season.
Not diminishing anything.

But 2011/2012 was not a rebuild. 2010 was. Pete is re creating what he built. He did not totally turn over the roster.

Yes they had a good draft especially from the trade draft capital. This is a "remodel " lol by getting rid of the one thing in the house holding it back.

Go back when rookies like Sherm, okung, Kam etc etc came on the scene. Were you calling that a rebuild.

NO nobody was and neither is this. Fans and media call it that, the organisation doesn't.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
So he's "RE-creating what he BUILT" in the past? I wish there was a word for that. It's only a remodel because he got rid of the one thing holding us back? If that was the one thing holding us back then why are we starting so many rookies? This is far more than the normal turnover you'd see a competitive team.

It's not a complete, tear down, start from scratch (which practically NO team ever does) but it's a rebuild. You seem to only want to apply the term if they go through a complete regime change-esque roster churn, which set a league record for transactions (at the time, no idea if it's been surpassed since). That would pretty much remove the term from common usage.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
So he's "RE-creating what he BUILT" in the past? I wish there was a word for that. It's only a remodel because he got rid of the one thing holding us back? If that was the one thing holding us back then why are we starting so many rookies? This is far more than the normal turnover you'd see a competitive team.

It's not a complete, tear down, start from scratch (which practically NO team ever does) but it's a rebuild. You seem to only want to apply the term if they go through a complete regime change-esque roster churn, which set a league record for transactions (at the time, no idea if it's been surpassed since). That would pretty much remove the term from common usage.
You like to argue I give up. Welcome to the rebuild cause fatty says so.

Pete you know nothing because fatty knows more than you. You should hire him.