It was never a REBUILD!

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I think whether or not its a rebuild is irrelevant. The fact is that Pete and john have put a team together that is really special. But not only that the other factor that is making this team good is the coaching staff guys like Andy Dickerson. Cant say ive seen the seahawks O line play much better than it is right now in a long time.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I think whether or not its a rebuild is irrelevant. The fact is that Pete and john have put a team together that is really special. But not only that the other factor that is making this team good is the coaching staff guys like Andy Dickerson. Cant say ive seen the seahawks O line play much better than it is right now in a long time.
Alot has to do with who is behind that OL

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
You like to argue I give up. Welcome to the rebuild cause fatty says so.
You just made an argumentative topic, literally telling X number of people how wrong they are/were. Then you posted three separate times right away to try and prove your point. Now you’re pouting because your own words were used against you and you skulk away with a petulant playground flair for the dramatic?

Your entire post was an argument. Were you just looking for your echo chamber to prop you up and tell you how much better of a fan you are? What’s the point of this topic if not to provoke arguments? You just happened to set yourself up on a tee by literally proving yourself wrong so you wanna take your ball and go home?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
That’s the thing. Some people can’t handle any showing of doubt or weakness. Regardless of what you call it, it may be one of the most uniquely successful off-seasons in league history but that’s not enough for the people who think you gotta project strong all the time (though hilariously also complaining about refs as a youth might) so other people see you’re not weak!

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
You like to argue I give up. Welcome to the rebuild cause fatty says so.

Pete you know nothing because fatty knows more than you. You should hire him.
That makes total sense. The guy praising Pete and John for how insanely successful their off-season has been… somehow also thinks he’s smarter than them? That’s just playground level nonsense after you were made to look foolish using your own words.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what we call it really, but it's worth pointing out Pete is never going to label a season a rebuild year no matter what. That's what head coaches do when they are trying to lower expectations and looking for a longer leash. Pete has a cold seat and is 100% about getting his players to perform even if that means drawing extra criticism on himself. We could field an entire roster of rookies and he would still be running out the every game is a championship game line.

But 2011/2012 was not a rebuild. 2010 was. Pete is re creating what he built. He did not totally turn over the roster.
In my view this is a clear rebuild because we traded Russ not for veteran talent but for lots of draft picks. The downside of that in 2022 is that we have over 50 million in dead cap space this season, which gives us effectively 20% less budget to work with than a typical team. That's an enormous disadvantage. We are overcoming it due to a great rookie class and Geno completely balling out for just a 3.5m cap hit, but imagine how much better we could be.

Next season that $50m in dead cap comes off the books and can be spent on talent instead of thrown in the garbage can. We also get the second half of the draft pick haul from Russ trade. As a result, we'd have to really blow things badly to not be significantly more talented in 2023 than we are this year.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I bet this grates Petes ass as much as mine.

Naw, I suspect Carroll's enjoying the crap out of this. I think he really enjoys when the media get stuff wrong and he and the team show it on the field.

In another thread, @Smellyman posted the video I'm putting in this comment (below). As @Smellyman said in that other thread, the fun part starts at 2:15, but I watched from the beginning anyway. OK, at double speed, because YouTube lets me do that, but I slowed it to normal speed to catch the nuances in Carroll's reponse.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Not diminishing anything.

But 2011/2012 was not a rebuild. 2010 was. Pete is re creating what he built. He did not totally turn over the roster.
[snip]
Go back when rookies like Sherm, okung, Kam etc etc came on the scene. Were you calling that a rebuild.

Your point is interesting, but I have to pick nits with your examples. Sherm is the only one of those three who joined the team in 2011.

Okung was drafted in 2010 and was a starter in the ten games he played that season. Even you just called his rookie season a rebuild, and he played quite a bit in his rookie season.

Chancellor was also drafted in 2010. He wasn't a starter, but he got some playing time. So when a rookie like Kam came on the scene, yes, that too was part of the rebuild.

That doesn't refute your point, though. So instead of "Sherm, Okung, Kam, etc.," let's say "Sherm, K.J., Wagner, Wilson, etc." (I took two from 2011 and two from 2012)

Personally, I consider 2010-2012 to have been the rebuild (I think it usually doesn't take just one season), and what a rebuild it was! But I find interesting your idea that 2010 was the rebuild and then 2011-2012 was adding features to the rebuilt frame. In the end, it just depends on how you choose to define "rebuilid." The reason I prefer to look at the whole 2010-2012 period as the rebuild is because some really important parts came along in 2011 and 2012.

I agree with you that 2022 was not a total tear-down and rebuild, but I also agree with others in this thread that it wouldn't be wrong to call it a rebuild when you consider how many newly-acquired players, including rookies, are playing important roles. As I said in the previous paragraph, whether you call it a rebuild or not depends on how you choose to define the word in this context.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet again, you don't get to tell people what they call something. This WAS looking like a rebuild, period. Now they are starting to gel a little earlier. It's a good thing. Why get all worked up about what people call the season? Who cares? They are winning. Good enough.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Naw, I suspect Carroll's enjoying the crap out of this. I think he really enjoys when the media get stuff wrong and he and the team show it on the field.

In another thread, @Smellyman posted the video I'm putting in this comment (below). As @Smellyman said in that other thread, the fun part starts at 2:15, but I watched from the beginning anyway. OK, at double speed, because YouTube lets me do that, but I slowed it to normal speed to catch the nuances in Carroll's reponse.

I've watched it a few times and cracks me up every time

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Well you can call me out, put me down scold me because I had the audacity to challenge the "conventional WISDOM" especially with all the .Netters that this year was never a rebuild year.

Pete said "This is not a rebuild!" I will believe him before I believe all your arm chair experts.

5 and 3 a excellent O an improving dominant D. If this "year" is a rebuild well they rebuilt the team faster than any other "rebuilding team" ever in the NFL.

However if you want to call it a Rebuild and it makes you feel good, go for it, but I want to go with Pete and go with that all this team had to do was get rid of RW and Ken Norton. If that is a rebuild cool.

toffee

Reaction score
Unlike the last few years , everyone buying into what Pete is selling and playing as ONE.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Well you can call me out, put me down scold me because I had the audacity to challenge the "conventional WISDOM" especially with all the .Netters that this year was never a rebuild year.

Pete said "This is not a rebuild!" I will believe him before I believe all your arm chair experts.

5 and 3 a excellent O an improving dominant D. If this "year" is a rebuild well they rebuilt the team faster than any other "rebuilding team" ever in the NFL.

However if you want to call it a Rebuild and it makes you feel good, go for it, but I want to go with Pete and go with that all this team had to do was get rid of RW and Ken Norton. If that is a rebuild cool.
Same guy that said they had no intention to trade Russ, right? That guy? You believe him? You should look up the term coachspeak.

You can bury your head deeper into the sand if you want. Just because it’s extraordinarily swift doesn’t mean it wasn’t a rebuild. Hitting on 6 rookies that are starting was a quantum move thats very rare. But you dont start six rookies because your team is already built. In fact, someone in this very thread said they were trying to recreate what they first built here.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Same guy that said they had no intention to trade Russ, right? That guy? You believe him? You should look up the term coachspeak.

You can bury your head deeper into the sand if you want. Just because it’s extraordinarily swift doesn’t mean it wasn’t a rebuild. Hitting on 6 rookies that are starting was a quantum move thats very rare. But you dont start six rookies because your team is already built. In fact, someone in this very thread said they were trying to recreate what they first built here.
Hey we've been waiting for you to come along, we've been having so much fun celebrating and enjoying a big win, we really needed someone with a totally negative outlook on life to join the party.
I bet your family and coworkers just love having you around.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

Love the victim mentality though.
Hey we've been waiting for you to come along, we've been having so much fun celebrating and enjoying a big win, we really needed someone with a totally negative outlook on life to join the party.
I bet your family and coworkers just love having you around.
I was busy making noise at the game. Sorry I don’t buy into your perpetual victimhood circle jerk and have the aUDaCiTy to call you on it.

Solid contribution though from a guy supposedly opposed to negativity. Leading by example!

rawkhawk

Reaction score
It was NEVER a re build! Pete told us that. Believe him.

It was changing of guard. Team was always there former QB wasn't.

Just like college ball, new players come in every year, they dont rebuild. They recruit.

The core of this team was here, the staff was here, Pete just treated this off season like a new year in college ball where the QB gets drafted.
Right .. they need to quit saying that.

keasley45

Reaction score
Can we call it a remodel?

It wasn't even a remodel. It was replacing the computer in the oft exhilarating, but equally as frustratingly broken down porsche.

New tires. New sparkplugs, a camshaft reprogram the ECU start the engine, and we're lapping faster than we ever have.

Pete said it from the beginning and looking at the roster and qb play, you could see why he was so optimistic... if you could understand the truth behind why we were struggling over the last several years in the first place. Addition x5 by subtraction.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
So let me get this straight because fatty and soulfish want to call me out for saying that this is not a rebuild year,

however last years team was last in the division, played terrible football but they were not a rebuilding team

but this year when they are playing competitive football and are in first place have totaly improved the team by getting rid of some players are only a rebuilding team because fatty and the media etc say so?????

BTW I noticed that a writer on nfl.com today has changed his tune. Earlier he was saying the Hawks would not be anything because they were rebuilding,
but this time while giving kudos to Pere he used the word a "transitioning" team lol.

HMMM all of this all because they traded away a starting QB. Think Pete knew better.

Last edited: