It'll never be this good again

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
3 and 1. Straight balling out after dropping a massive deuce in week 1, leading us all to ask the hard questions.

The way this team galvanized and started imposing its will on the Giants following the dirty hit on Geno was amazing to see. They're playing for each other out there.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
3 and 1. Straight balling out after dropping a massive deuce in week 1, leading us all to ask the hard questions.

The way this team galvanized and started imposing its will on the Giants following the dirty hit on Geno was amazing to see. They're playing for each other out there.
That's what I always want to see. I don't care if they get a 15 here and there. Protect your brothers.

Geno's clearly got that locker room squarely behind him with how they rallied. They played pissed! That's what we've missed.

bileever

Reaction score
The defense won this game, after a shaky start. The Giants helped out by passing up a FG on their first drive.

The doubters will say that it was only the Giants, so don't get too excited. There's some validity to that, but man, 11 sacks!

The offense wasn't as good, but we played with four starters not playing on the O-line and with Geno hurt and out for a part of the game.

LTH

Reaction score
I just think they took the next step.. now we need to see some consistancy. They are just warming up... this D has an element of MEANESS in it!!!! I love it!!

LTH

JPatera76

Reaction score
And this is officially our first time seeing Witherspoon and Woolen on the field together. And hot damn were the good. With both of them out there even after Jamal went down, their energy was high. Since Devon’s started what week two? The energy on the back field has been up.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Rich Eisen had a skit where he looked back at the last 162 games (in the spirit of baseball) and Seattle is the winningest team in the NFC and the one NFC team with more than 100 wins (102)

This is a good team. Last year we over achieved, just like the Giants, and look at the difference between well coached teams and mediocre teams. Coach of the Year Dabol is a good offensive mind, but is throwing tablets at your QB good for your culture?

Pete has flaws as a coach. Clock management, timeout management, playing down to opponents, being too loyal to aging players, etc. But he’s had a level of sustained success that is exceeding most standards. Look at the post-Brady Pats to see what its supposed to look like when a HoF coach loses his franchise QB.

Pete has elevated this franchise to expect deep playoff runs every year, and then half the fan base (gaslit by a targeted PR campaign from a former QB) shouts for him to be fired as if he didn’t build that expectation.

I’ll say it again, Seattle is a good team. Maybe not quite a Super Bowl team, but a good team. This team is playing hard every single snap, and the belief we saw in the LoB era is starting to blossom again. This is the first I’ve felt that since 2015. For years, it just felt like we’d find a way to be disappointed in that post-LoB, Russ-pivot era.

So yes. We should absolutely enjoy this, because the typical “good” NFL coach still suffers objectively terrible years. Both the Rams and Niners are fantastic examples. Pete is an anomaly in so many ways, and it’ll be a long time before he gets the props he deserves for his impacts on the NFL.

This is as fun to watch now as it was in the early years of the LoB. A flawed, young team coming together, but playing and hitting hard, and absolutely fun to watch.

3 weeks in a row this team could’ve shut it down, and has kept fighting snap in and snap out and flat out wearing opponents down. It truly is the most fun I’ve had in a season since the 2nd half of the 2015 season. To lose Geno, to suffer ticky tack penalties, to have a preseason OL, to lose Jamal after all the hype, to play a team playing over aggressive… and just take it, play the game, and never let the Giants knock them down… that’s fun as hell to watch. And feels like a sign of something special.

This is a blast.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Daniel jones makes 40 mill a year and is one of the most mobile qbs in the league but some of those sack he was holding onto the ball way too long and couldn’t see the pressure at all. We have some really great depth on this team and that was pretty sweet to see everybody get involved

flv2

Reaction score
It was 7-3 late in the 2nd quarter. The Seahawks were the better team but it could have turned out differently, especially when Smith was out. The Giants are a below average team that was also hurting and they were very poorly coached.

The Seahawks are a good team that was well coached last night. I hope they heal up quickly. They'll need to.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Daniel jones makes 40 mill a year and is one of the most mobile qbs in the league but some of those sack he was holding onto the ball way too long and couldn’t see the pressure at all. We have some really great depth on this team and that was pretty sweet to see everybody get involved
Part of the fun in the NFL is that we have such incomplete information as fans that there's an enormous grey area for speculation. How would both QBs have looked last night if they swapped teams? I do think sacks are mostly a QB stat, but our backup OL was holding up better than their backup OL. We also had much better weapons out there.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Childhood Me Watching Seahawks -> :(
Adult Me Watching Seahawks in Carroll Era -> :)

Ten years ago was better but this is still good.

strohmin

Reaction score
Although they definitely havent been perfect, It's a crime that PC and JS don't get the credit they rightfully deserve.
Well they would have gotten the credit had they just run the ball on the 1 yard line... Sorry, I had to do it that call still haunts me. Also, the teams have underperformed for how much hype they generate every offseason since 2016. But I really believe they will only get the credit after winning another superbowl. If they do win another superbowl, I think they may get even more credit for being able to bounce back from such a horrible loss.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pete has elevated this franchise to expect deep playoff runs every year, and then half the fan base (gaslit by a targeted PR campaign from a former QB) shouts for him to be fired as if he didn’t build that expectation.

When those deep playoff runs start happening, let us know. Pete and the Hawks fool people because they usually have great regular season success only to lay eggs in the post season. Thats why fans call for his head.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
When those deep playoff runs start happening, let us know. Pete and the Hawks fool people because they usually have great regular season success only to lay eggs in the post season. Thats why fans call for his head.
How's Chicken Little Land after last night's thrashing?

warden

Reaction score
I thought most of the posters here wanted a Pete Carroll fired

Yxes1122

Reaction score

Again, winningest coach in the NFC over the last 162 games. Never lost more than 7 games in a season. McVay can’t say that. Shanny can’t say that.

The Niners had multiple top 10 picks to get the roster that’s winning now. The Rams sold their future and our now safely in the bottom half of the league.

The fact that fans call for Pete’s head is because we’re a fan base that expects Super Bowls, when we were a battered fanbase when Pete took over.

If the only way to measure a successful season is a Super Bowl of NFCCG appearance, prepare to be disappointed most years. But the fact that every year we have a chance at the post season is something few fanbases have. Literally Dan Quinn, who half this board wants to take over, had one SB appearance and then his entire team imploded. And I think Quinn’s a great coach. But sustained success is hard and rare.

Much like when we thought we’d replace Kam with Dan Bailey, or Sherm with Shaq, or Lynch with Rawls, we constantly underestimate the success and rare performance in front of us.