It'll never be this good again

renofox

Reaction score
Again, winningest coach in the NFC over the last 162 games. Never lost more than 7 games in a season. McVay can’t say that. Shanny can’t say that.

The Niners had multiple top 10 picks to get the roster that’s winning now. The Rams sold their future and our now safely in the bottom half of the league.

The fact that fans call for Pete’s head is because we’re a fan base that expects Super Bowls, when we were a battered fanbase when Pete took over.

If the only way to measure a successful season is a Super Bowl of NFCCG appearance, prepare to be disappointed most years. But the fact that every year we have a chance at the post season is something few fanbases have. Literally Dan Quinn, who half this board wants to take over, had one SB appearance and then his entire team imploded. And I think Quinn’s a great coach. But sustained success is hard and rare.

Much like when we thought we’d replace Kam with Dan Bailey, or Sherm with Shaq, or Lynch with Rawls, we constantly underestimate the success and rare performance in front of us.
Minor correction:
2010 record 7-9
2011 record 7-9
2021 record 7-10
2022 record 9-8

SeaWolv

Reaction score
It's pretty nice right now, not gonna lie. PC/JS reign is not gonna last forever. Hard to say this is the pinnacle of Seahawks football, there could be even better years ahead. The really exciting thing to think about is what this team could do once healthy.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Again, winningest coach in the NFC over the last 162 games. Never lost more than 7 games in a season. McVay can’t say that. Shanny can’t say that.

The Niners had multiple top 10 picks to get the roster that’s winning now. The Rams sold their future and our now safely in the bottom half of the league.

The fact that fans call for Pete’s head is because we’re a fan base that expects Super Bowls, when we were a battered fanbase when Pete took over.

If the only way to measure a successful season is a Super Bowl of NFCCG appearance, prepare to be disappointed most years. But the fact that every year we have a chance at the post season is something few fanbases have. Literally Dan Quinn, who half this board wants to take over, had one SB appearance and then his entire team imploded. And I think Quinn’s a great coach. But sustained success is hard and rare.

Much like when we thought we’d replace Kam with Dan Bailey, or Sherm with Shaq, or Lynch with Rawls, we constantly underestimate the success and rare performance in front of us.

Again, your basing your argument on regular season success. McVay has accomplished everything Pete has in the post season and literally owns him when they play each other. Shanahan has 5 years under his belt and arguably has the best team currently in the NFC (Philly fans have a card in the game too).

As a fan, I don't expect Super Bowls, but I do expect to get past the second round at some point. Something Seattle hasen't done in 8 years now. Post season appearances with Pete and the Seahawks are always met with little to no hope of advancement. That's where the problem lies.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Was beating the lowly Giants that significant to you? I wouldn't get too excited just yet.
Seattle can play the teams on their schedule. New York won a playoff game last season. The vaunted 49s defense had 2 sacks against these Giants and Seattle had 11. Seattle's #5 overall pick played out of this world well. The list goes on and on, but the Chicken Little and Eeyore fanclub just says, oh it was just the lowly Giants.

Pathetic.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Some people just aren’t happy unless they aren’t happy.
No doubt. There's also a contingency here that downplays everything the team does well because of their unfounded stance that the coaching staff is terrible. PCJS added all of the names in the bright lights last night either through FA or the draft. The defensive coaching staff had that squad extremely well prepared (as multiple players stated after the game) and it was plain as day on the screen.

Oh it was just the lowly Giants is yet another crap excuse these "fans" have made. Throw it into the trash along with all the rest of the pathetic excuses.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Some people just aren’t happy unless they aren’t happy.
I agree with this. However, does anyone think this is an Owl team? We aren’t there yet, but this is fun to watch. The team growing, learning to play together as a unit/team. I wouldn’t want anyone else coaching this group other than PC. Look what has happened in NE the past 3 years. The best ever coach looks lost and doesn’t know how to rebuild it. Worst loss of his career last week. Little talent on that team. We have talent and need to continue developing it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Reality is the D gets better game after game. Still lots of room for improvement though.

Always fun after a convincing W but who says this is the end of the fun and that it has reached a peak. I want more, and expect more, as does the team.

Lots to like and, some stuff that needs to be worked on. After game 4 the arrow is pointing straight up.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I agree with this. However, does anyone think this is an Owl team? We aren’t there yet, but this is fun to watch. The team growing, learning to play together as a unit/team. I wouldn’t want anyone else coaching this group other than PC. Look what has happened in NE the past 3 years. The best ever coach looks lost and doesn’t know how to rebuild it. Worst loss of his career last week. Little talent on that team. We have talent and need to continue developing it.
I wouldn't even begin to speculate on that. There's a ton of football to play and lots of things can happen across the league. If the defense continues to take steps forward their chances will improve of doing well. The run defense has significantly improved over the joke it was last season.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't even begin to speculate on that. There's a ton of football to play and lots of things can happen across the league. If the defense continues to take steps forward their chances will improve of doing well. The run defense has significantly improved over the joke it was last season.
Run D is much, much better. Props to Hurtt (my first time and maybe the first time on this board ever) but it’s still ugly all too much. Same with the O. We look great sometimes and then disheveled sometimes. We’re growing and learning. I believe PC, Waldron, and Hurtt are as well.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seattle can play the teams on their schedule. New York won a playoff game last season. The vaunted 49s defense had 2 sacks against these Giants and Seattle had 11. Seattle's #5 overall pick played out of this world well. The list goes on and on, but the Chicken Little and Eeyore fanclub just says, oh it was just the lowly Giants.

Pathetic.

LOL. Throwing the Super Bowl parade already after beating two of the worst teams in the league and an OT win over a team that Seattle has a number for no matter when they play.

Better buckle up. After the bye that schedule gets real. There's a seven week stretch of the Ravens, Washington, Rams, 49ers, Dallas, 49ers, and the Eagles. We'll see how your feeling after that.