It's a long season

netskier

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":t3kxciyz said:
SpokaneHawks":t3kxciyz said:
Our QB won't even make it close to the end if he keeps getting hit!

Tru7th.

Russell's getting HAMMERED back there, and I've never seen him throw high and be as inaccurate as I've seen for long stretches..........so my guess is he's already got a couple nagging injuries that are affecting his throwing motion.

Brock talked about it yesterday, that his throwing motion seems longer than usual, could be from an injury.

I agree that he has probably already been injured. And, furthermore, that this might explain why he plays better as the game proceeds because he both [1] is getting warmed up, and [2] learning in the game how to recalibrate his passes to compensate for his injury.

I read that Russell was not throwing high in training camp this year, so something happened to him, because he sure is now.

I think that Russ getting HAMMERED back there is the one thing that we can not allow to happen.

Since this is predictable every year that we don't have a good enough LT, then it follows that we should play the second string quarterback for the hammering period, so that we have our good quarterback to win games as soon as the hammering ends. Allowing the hammering for four games adversely affects the next twelve games. Allowing three games of hammering has already adversely affected the outcome of the next 13 games.

We are now 1-2. Playing the backup quarter for these three games probably would have made us 1-3, but with a healthy, uninjured Russell to use for the next nine games. I think that would have been a better outcome for the season as a whole.

Latest posts