It's Happened - Wilson Traded

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone here know with some certainty which of Denver's 2- 5th round picks for this season the Hawks got in this trade for Wilson?

I have assumed they got the earliest of the two picks #145, but it may in fact be the later of the two picks #152 and would like to find out.

Has any got access to some reliable source?

John63

Reaction score
ZagHawk":ci9jise5 said:
Cyrus12":ci9jise5 said:
Any player reactions on social media?? Like our own players?? Seems like crickets...

Older players seemed to be rooting for PC > RW as more important to the Seahawks. It also seemed like RW and his personal life had this rotation of players he was buddy buddy with and suddenly they're not hanging out anymore and similar to what you just mentioned not a lot of public cries for him either by players. It really leads one to believe he may be considered phony and players may not like him.

There's an awesome TedTalk out there talking about the Navy Seals and how they select their teams people and splitting up quadrants of trust vs skill. Obviously people with the highest trust and highest skill is the most sought after, people with the least trust and skill is the least sought after. BUT between the high kill but no trust vs the less skill and high trust, they pick the high trust less skilled person over the high skilled less trustworthy person. Between all the rumors/speculations of "phony" and "not black enough" and all that jazz, even though as adults we look at it and say "why should that matter?" try to think about that stuff in your 20s-30s...it mattered back then and that's the ages of all the players in the locker room.

From what I have seen the Sherman club is all in PC. pretty much everyone else is Wilson.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Makes no sense to stew about water under the bridge. What we need to do now is assess what is our NOW, and figure out how to make it better. I still say the FO had a plan in place prior to signing off on the deal. Let's see what that looks like.

Rat

Reaction score
McShay's newest mock has us landing Kayvon Thibodeaux with that ninth pick. That would be awesome.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Heck yeah, would love that pick. I'm happy with a LT, CB or DE with that pick. Screw trading down. Grab an impact player with that #9 pick. And not some dude nobody has ever heard of.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":gio7kdgd said:
Makes no sense to stew about water under the bridge. What we need to do now is assess what is our NOW, and figure out how to make it better. I still say the FO had a plan in place prior to signing off on the deal. Let's see what that looks like.

It's a news. As a fan base we have the entire draft and pre-season to speculate about the NOW. We're allowed to stew about the past and the I told you so... I honestly wasn't sure how much truth was behind all the rumors and speculation of RW trade there was, but i didn't discount it. That being said, there were a ton of people who were flat out in disbelief it was a possibility and a ton that put real weight into the rumors and speculation. I think those who were concerned about the trade get this moment to say "i told you so" before we move onto the NOW.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Rat":3hu1o4g5 said:
McShay's newest mock has us landing Kayvon Thibodeaux with that ninth pick. That would be awesome.

I don't know the stats, but how often has the Seahawks taken a pick any mock draft had them taking?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Part of the reason for the surprise every season is that the Hawks are very good at not tipping their picks beforehand. They've opted not to visit with players that they are highly interested in at times and clearly have no internal leaks. On the other hand, listen to guys like Jeremiah or Kiper for five minutes and it's all about how they are hearing this and that from an unnamed AFC East front office member or regional scout for a NFC South team or what have you. There's a reason for that.

Consider that if the Hawks instead tipped off some of the experts to their favorite prospects then those prospects would rise in the rankings and they would get a better draft grade in return if they selected them. That would only hurt the team, however, which illuminates one reason why immediate draft grades are so pointless.

ZagHawk":wx1y1xzd said:
There's an awesome TedTalk out there talking about the Navy Seals and how they select their teams
Another recommendation here. Take a few minutes to watch it if you haven't seen it.

Old Bronco

Reaction score
Hi. Bronco fan here. I thought I'd share some thoughts on the three vets the Hawks obtained in the trade.

You're going to love Shelby Harris. Late bloomer who has developed knack for making big plays. Not bad against the run. Pretty decent penetrator, but even when he can't, he gets his hands up and has blocked a host of passes. High motor. Of the three you got in the trade, Denver fans seem to feel he'll be missed the most. Downside is that he's 30 and defensive linemen don't have the longest shelf lives.

Noah Fant. Former first round pick, he got off to a pretty good start his first couple of years. Fantastic speed for a guy his size. Last season was a definite regression. Part of that is due to unexpectedly losing his mother to a sudden illness in May. He seemed to be a little "off" all year after that. The other part is probably the way he was used in the scheme. He is not a great blocker and often seemed confused about his assignments. Maybe time will help with the concentration issues, but he'll really need to step up his blocking technique to become more than a one-dimensional threat.

Drew Lock. We can make a ton of excuses here. After a promising debut late his rookie year, he didn't have the benefit of a training camp or preseason in year two. Then he got hurt and sat on the bench for half of that season behind an aging Joe Flacco. Strangely (because he was almost exclusively a shotgun guy in college), he played much better in play action than in the gun. He had a ton of interceptions, and at least 90% came in the latter formation. Part of that may simply be a function of down & distance. He definitely brought a gunslinger mentality, but we saw a lot of backfires. His playstyle is a little reminiscent of Jay Cutler (though certainly not his personality.) Last summer, he seemed to really calm down and had a fine preseason. Many thought he played at least as effectively as Bridgewater and the tie usually goes to the younger player. But Fangio's job was on the line and it's obvious that he preferred a veteran at the helm. Also, the previous year, Lock failed to follow Covid protocols which suggested some immaturity. Due to that screwup, Denver was forced to play a 4th string QB against the Saints. When he finally got his chance this past year, after Denver had been eliminated, he was pretty mediocre - again due almost entirely to the mental aspect of the game. In fairness, Denver was struggling on the O-line and the best deep threat (Hamler) missed most of the regular season. There were several times he missed WRs by just a foot or two on long bombs. But it was still discouraging. I think he'll be backup material for the Hawks unless he gets coached up a lot.

Good luck.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":15s4bk2w said:
I have a hunch that Kayvon will be gone before the #9 pick.

Own The West

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksnerd75/status/1501385952668700674[/tweet]

:lol:

Old Bronco

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1cuwp2g1 said:
Does anyone here know with some certainty which of Denver's 2- 5th round picks for this season the Hawks got in this trade for Wilson?

I have assumed they got the earliest of the two picks #145, but it may in fact be the later of the two picks #152 and would like to find out.

Has any got access to some reliable source?

Hawks get #152 from Denver. Denver keeps #145, which it acquired from Detroit.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2022/0 ... son-trade/

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Old Bronco your remarks are greatly appreciated!!!

Was excited to learn about Harris when the news of the traded the player compensation came down 12 sacks in the past two seasons is pretty good for a DT and most commentary on him reveals a high motor highly focused player. Fant was a player theHawks were sniffing around early when he got drafted, thought he had the potential to be something special and am lad to have him here. Have to say Lock is a huge step back from the QB that was my favourite Seahawks player but he's young and has flashed albeit briefly some ability to play QB in the NFL.

You will find yourself not only being amazed by Wilson and his arm talent and being frustrated with how long he tends to hold onto the ball. The later often leads to him being sacked. He is however a very special talent and I will miss watching him create his depp ball magic. I hope the trade works out advantageously for both teams.

Do you happen to know which one of the Broncos 2022 5th round picks was traded to Seattle as part of the deal?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":vgjrnfi7 said:
Rat":vgjrnfi7 said:
I have a hunch that Kayvon will be gone before the #9 pick.

All the draft honks are saying this is the deepest edge rusher draft in a decade, so it's possible Kayvon will be there at 9.

If not, should be at least 2-3 more very talented edge players on the board.

Now will we actually draft one at 9? Or will John and Pete do their usual drop down a bunch of times to acquire more 3rd round picks and take a guard or some other nonsense pick?

We shall see. IMO this isn't the draft to mess around with that pick, there WILL be an elite impact player at 9.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
McShay has Kayvon Thibodeaux falling to the hawks becasue of questions about his work ethic. It will be interesting to have an actual draft for once. I wonder if JS & Pete can force themselves to actually make a first round pick?

John63

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Easleyforce5/status/1501585852413194246[/tweet]

John63

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/T_Brown25/status/1501284468769931273[/tweet]

John63

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PoonaF_95/status/1501273772925587465[/tweet]

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3isym09h said:

Now?

Now we get to watch Carroll fumble around for a few years. The most likely scenario is that Bortles Jags team with the amazing defense and Bortles. Then we probably get another three yeras with some other coach, then another one, while ithe franchise is unable to even get a serviceable quarterback. Wonder about what might have been with the other good things the teams have but a QB who can't keep it together. Just like the Broncos have been going through.

Source: how most the teams in the NFL operate.

Latest posts