I've had enough of Luke Willson...

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
it's a shame cause he's a great athlete, but he's just not a natural receiverma and probably never will be. He's a threat if he's thrown to in stride and on the numbers but anything he has to reach for he struggles to pull in the catch.

kmeleon

Reaction score
minormillikin":1m0j64un said:
I don't know... He's not the best player obviously, but Willllsssssonn is a pretty studly looking dude. Someday, he could play a Sons of Anarchy prospect who gets killed in a botched weapons deal.

And that chance is gone now that SOA is in it's final season. He catches like Chuckie from that show :mrgreen:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I know he doesn't have any issue with his eyes, but can we give him Lasik anyway?

And never mind Miller, Willson's play has me pining for Anthony McCoy like he's Rob Gronkowski.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2wnfm2u5 said:
Willson had a down day, but Kearse had a worse one. Wilson was like 2-12 throwing at those two guys alone. They've had far better days and will again.

I thought Kearse was great yesterday. One of our best players and one of the most head's up players on the team. He came from behind the return man on the KR to force the fumble that Hausch recovered, never giving up pursuit of the ball carrier and forcing the ball loose. Then, he saved our bacon by diving on top of the Helfet muffed onside kick catch. Jermaine was a freakin' beast on Special Teams today! It looked like Russ was a little off today, I don't know how much of that I'd put on the receiver play, weather, Russ, etc. Kearse looked like he was open a few times, but Russell just missed him. It happens. Always room to improve.

My man Luke though... his dad's super cool and he played for the Blue Jays before playing for the Seahawks, so he's one of my favorite athletes of all-time, by default. I'm really hoping that the light flicks on for him and he starts making some of these catches in traffic. He saved the day at Carolina, but it seems that he has a hard time keeping his eye on the ball when he knows he's about to get leveled. Life of an NFL TE though. Either he'll sink, or swim. I wouldn't mind Helfet getting some more opportunities, but I truly hope that Luke becomes a beast at some point.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It is sad seeing him drop passes, however it's silly to write him off just yet. Oftentimes it takes players 3 years to fully develop.. Just look at Golden Tate, Byron Maxwell, ect who did nothing their first 2 years, only to play up to their potential in year 3.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":20fvvqqk said:
I know he doesn't have any issue with his eyes, but can we give him Lasik anyway?

And never mind Miller, Willson's play has me pining for Anthony McCoy like he's Rob Gronkowski.
Your kidding right? MCOY also was dogged on here for dropping passes, also Luke by seasons end will have more career rec and yards than Mccoy has in his career.

NYCoug

Reaction score
jlwaters1":ikend6gx said:
It is sad seeing him drop passes, however it's silly to write him off just yet. Oftentimes it takes players 3 years to fully develop.. Just look at Golden Tate, Byron Maxwell, ect who did nothing their first 2 years, only to play up to their potential in year 3.

Shhh... let the angry mob run dudes out of town. It's quite entertaining at this point.

All aboard the train leaving Seattle! Your conductor for this evening, Mr. Darrell Bevell.

*Pan around train car to see Luke Willson, Marshawn Lynch, Russell Okung, James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin, Tharold Simon, Marcus Burley, Greg Scruggs, and anyone else I'm missing that fans have wanted the Seahawks to move on from.*

I'm with you waters, gotta give dude's 3 years before we can start calling entire draft classes non-contributors like last year's. I think some people got spoiled by Sherm, Earl, Kam, Russell, Wags, etc. having instant success and expected that trend to always continue. It doesn't work like that, unfortunately, and like in the case of Golden for instance like you point it, it takes a little bit longer. It ain't an easy game game out there.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1jykhct2 said:
SomersetHawk":1jykhct2 said:

Your kidding right? MCOY also was dogged on here for dropping passes, also Luke by seasons end will have more career rec and yards than Mccoy has in his career.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek, but it would have been interesting to see how McCoy progressed this year. Same can be said of Jermichael Finley, I wonder what happens with him next year.

the ditch

Reaction score
Not a lot of great throws to Willson but you got to make a play and catch some of those especially when your quarterback is struggling. So frustrating to watch him *almost* catch a pass I imagine those are real morale killers for the offense.

TwilightError

Reaction score
When he does catch the ball, his rumble tumble running style is just what you want from a big tight end. Too bad he has alligator arms.

Mojambo

Reaction score
All they can do is keep running him out there for the time being. They don't have any other options.

Bad game yesterday, but he was far from alone in that.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He had anywhere from 4-5 drops yesterday which is incredible. The timing of some of them makes the situation even worse. He could be such a mismatch and just the weapon Wilson needs because of his speed but he just can't consistently make the catch. The staff obviously feels the same way after going for Thomas and Cameron at the trade deadline.

Seattle will have a new starting tight end next year. Cameron is my guess.

Donn2390

Reaction score
The guy had a bad game and everyone want to off his head. He'll be back strong and you will all be fawning over hm.
Which ever way the wind blows, right?
Just like Russ, he has a day when he isn't All Pro and everyone want to run him out of town... Fickle fans.. Too many on here know more than the coaches...

Ozzy

Reaction score
The guy has struggled with drops his whole career. I want him to succeed as much as anyone. And since you mentioned coaches their actions would indicate they agree. They went after tight ends heavily at the trade deadline. Are they just fickle fans too? If they were confident in Willson they wouldn't of gone after anyone right?

kpak76

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2y3j6dze said:
And Zack can't stay healthy. We know that for a fact so there is no excuse for having a back up that can't catch.
I guess Willson was actually supposed to be the number 3 though right?

I bet the FO was hoping McCoy would help out this year, not blow a knee during TC.

lukerguy

Reaction score
He clearly is not a pass catching TE. Here's the thing though, with his strength/speed combination if he had great hands, he would have gone in the first round; he doesn't, and that's why he fell to us.

I agree that he shouldn't have been targeted as much, but Wilson doesn't discriminate, he just looks for whomever is open.

Once Miller is back, this obviously won't be the case. It's sort of like complaining about Marcus Burley because Lane is out...it is what it is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Canhawks":2k6svgvj said:
Not a shock he wasn't out there with the "hands" team to recover the onside kick.

Well it's not like Helfet did any better.