Jaguars: A Tough Test

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wowh6au said:
adeltaY":2wowh6au said:
Isn't Fournette hurt?

He had 22 carries and a TD against the Colts, so he's fine.

So our front seven's going to have to bring it Sunday, the Jags can run the ball, and will wear you out if you don't disrupt their line.

To me this game will be won or lost on the offensive side of the ball. If Russell and the offense limits the mistakes and continues to roll? We're good.

Jags fans were saying they saw him limping towards the end of the game. Think he's been battling an ankle injury. We'll see when the reports come out I guess.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Fournette has been banged up for a while now. Which is why his numbers have been down the past month or so. He never fully recovered from the ankle injury in the middle of the season.

Subzero717

Reaction score
The over under on this game should be set at 3.5. It is going to be ugly and I think will play out like the Carolina games from a few years back. I think one big play is going to be the difference.

toffee

Reaction score
Jerhawk":38ivqr1w said:
Our offense has to take care of the ball. This Jaguars defense is the best defense Seattle has played all season by far.

Our defense can't let Fornette and their run game beat them. Force Bortles to beat our defense, hes bound to make a mistake

Signing of Richardson should pay dividend in stopping the run, run up the gut anyways.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1fmczyx4 said:
I know we will probably be favored against the Jags, but I'm still a bit nervous on this one

Unlike the Titans game, I think Mariota gave us fits with his speed. Their power running game also over powered us, which is actually key to beating our defense. Big, physical linemen and tight ends to over power our front seven. As much as some of us get upset over that loss, it was a poor matchup for us. Bortles isn't that mobile so that works for us

I think the Jaguars give us fits because they have a really good LB core. Telvin Smith is speedy. That might give Russ trouble. The teams we struggled to score against this year (Packers, Redskins) also had good to great LBs that can keep up with Russ when the play breaks down

What do you guys think? I think we can definitely win this, especially with the right game plan and utilizing McKissic, Varnett and Jimmy. Tight Ends have had success against the Jags. Bevell will need to keep the defense honest with read option. Take what the defense gives us. If our defense can stop the run, tough slug it out game
The Bad Boy Hawks Legion ain't taking these Jags for granted, it balls out, and another one in the WIN column. :rumble:

chris98251

Reaction score
Our defense has been listed as second tier compared to the Jags all year, they won't like that and will be on a mission to state you can imitate but not duplicate. Also Fournette reminds me of Steven Jackson in many ways, we know how that went, big ass backs rarely have good days against us, now a scat quick back that's different.

getnasty

Reaction score
If there was ever a game that we need to find a run game this is the one, Jags run D isn't that great but there pass d and pass rush is far and away best in the league. We cant find ourselves in 3 and long all game or we'll be in trouble.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I hope our coaches don't overthink this one.
Jags lost to the Jets, cards and blown out by the titans. Heck the rams Goff threw for 124 yards at 52% completion rate and still won. Of course it helps that Gurley had over 100 yds. We just have to scheme our ground game better with read options, end-around, traps, pulling guards, or more 3 TE sets. On defense we have to hit Fournette and pressure Goff. We are a more physical team. We should be able to pull off what Titans and cards did.

RussB

Reaction score
Jags defense is 100% legit. They arent losing to bortles though its not gonna happen.

original poster

Reaction score
I don't think this game will even be close, personally.

I'll listen to any argument but this team is going to continue on a roll, they're hungry, motivated and pissed off they're being constantly doubted. They clearly pay attention to the vegas lines, Frank tweeted about it actually.