Jaguars sign Red Bryant

Throwdown

Reaction score
Could you imagine if the Jags somehow snagged Bennett and got Clowney in the draft? lord jesus I call that successful. I expect either or both Browner and Thurmond to end up in Jacksonville by the end of the offseason as well.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Good for him!
They could use some attitude on that pathetic defense!

BHF

Reaction score
My guess is that III joins the Jags. Can't shake the feeling that BB is going to stay a Hawk.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
They have 53 mil in cap space as well. I would suspect all eyes are on the best of the litter and Seahawks FA's are high on their list.

Happy for the guy, he should make a big impact in that locker room.

Throwdown

Reaction score
BHF":378x31u9 said:
My guess is that III joins the Jags. Can't shake the feeling that BB is going to stay a Hawk.

I could see BB staying in Seattle on discount, he's an older West Coast born and bred guy. Thurmond is still young and might want to see what its like on the other side of the nation.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Sea--> Jax connection continues. Wonder if Tate, Bennett, WT3, and BB are next. It makes it easy to root for Jax.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Red probably loved playing for Bradley and is excited to play for him again. He'll be a great leader for that team.

theascension

Reaction score
Jaguars are my second team next year I think. Gus did an amazing job getting 4 wins with the amount of talent he had this year. I really think they can become a contender in a few years. Start calling them South Seattle if they get more FA's of ours?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sure hope we have an adequate replacement for the run Defense. I am sure there will be some drop-off because Red was amazing at it, but I don't think there's anyone currently on the roster who can even come close at this point. Maybe they will decide to go with a more balanced player at the position. Sacrifice a little run defense for a little more pass rush presence.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
It is ironic. Players that are cut like this are much better off financially because they get two contracts in a short period of time and basically double-up on the guaranteed money.

If I am Red Bryant, I would be sad for two seconds after getting cut by the Seahawks and then be happy that another pay day is coming.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Best of luck to Red. Wished we could've signed him back but as the saying goes, "Next man up!"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you Big Red for your leadership and help in making us Champions. Best of luck in Jacksonville!

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I wish him well. Only makes sense to land with Bradley. He's needing players that can do what they do here and getting one he already knows that can work in his system just makes it a no brainer.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Anyone want to bet that Pete and Gus didn't have a phone conversation before Big Red was even cut loose from Seattle?
Gus Bradley knows exactly what kind of a spark igniter Big Red can be for his sputtering Defense.
This is a win/win for both Red and Gus. :th2thumbs: