Jaguars sign Red Bryant

Cartire

Reaction score
Penman96":3m6vgwgq said:
Seahawks4life":3m6vgwgq said:
there saying 4 year 17 million deal.

You just answered my question...thanks!

He was due 8 million next year in Seattle, I think a SB ring and a 4 year 17 million contract will round out his career nicely.

Good luck Red Bryant, great Seahawk player.

Wow, I would have brought back big red for 4 years 17 mil. In a heart beat. You have to think something was up if we couldn't match that, or wouldn't. Maybe there is a tad bit of discourse from us releasing him..

I mean, 4 mil a yr for big red? Yes please.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
sutz":9p224j8c said:
MizzouHawkGal":9p224j8c said:
Not surprised at all. Bradley will sign all our castoffs if possible. I wish he had an original thought in his brain but it is what it is. The NFL is a copycat league but this move is obvious to a 2 year old.
Well, familiarity is important, too. I'm not sure I'd call Red a castoff as much as a cap casualty. He can still play, and Brad is familiar with his skillset and work effort. Most teams like to have a couple guys on the roster that have rings. They can help a lot with the intangibles of getting through a season and helping a team grow into a playoff caliber and eventually championship team. Just because we did it with no SB vets doesn't mean that teams don't value it.

You can call Brad anything you like, but I think this is a good signing for the Jags.
I definitely agree that it's an awesome sign for Jacksonville but I can give a rip about that team and don't particularly think much of Bradley. As I said I expect everyone that we cut or don't resign for whatever reason to be signed by Jacksonville, especially this year while they have capspace. Especially on the defensive side.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cartire":efbkoj64 said:
Penman96":efbkoj64 said:
Seahawks4life":efbkoj64 said:

He was due 8 million next year in Seattle, I think a SB ring and a 4 year 17 million contract will round out his career nicely.

Wow, I would have brought back big red for 4 years 17 mil. In a heart beat. You have to think something was up if we couldn't match that, or wouldn't. Maybe there is a tad bit of discourse from us releasing him..

Yeah, like they plan to extend others and get someone more balanced to play DE? Is that shocking?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We have a $3 million cap hit for releasing him...we saved $5 million in the end out of his $8 million salary this year.

So if we signed him for $4 million a year, add in the $3 million cap hit we are going to get for releasing him, and it would really cost us $7 million this year. We would only save $1 million in the end.

That's why we couldn't bring him back for "only" $4 million. It's not only $4 million for us.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think it's all about the years no way were we going to offer him 4 years. Beyond the fact I believe Pete is going a different direction with the defense, as usual.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cartire":15i5usrm said:
Penman96":15i5usrm said:
Seahawks4life":15i5usrm said:

Yeah, like they plan to extend others and get someone more balanced to play DE? Is that shocking?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not surprised at all. Bradley will sign all our castoffs if possible. I wish he had an original thought in his brain but it is what it is.

warden

Reaction score
I wish the absolute best for Big Red. He will always be remembered as Seahawk Super Bowl champion player.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He will do fine when he gets a quarterback not named Blaine Gabbert. I would go for Clowney if available before a quarterback given none of the choices are 1st round material and they do have to deal with Luck.

TwilightError

Reaction score
All the best in the future for that 320 pound chunk of southern love <3

CANHawk

Reaction score
Got nothing but love for big red. Gus got himself a helluva player and a helluva guy.

Good luck big guy and thanks for the memories!