Jamal Adams has unlocked this team

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
We all love what Earl and Kam did for this franchise. They were incredible players during the prime era of the Hawks. But there was a fire there today that I haven't seen since the SuperBowl year. I don't wanna get too optimistic too early but Russ looked electric and the D had swagger.

I think that Jamal Adams is the key to all of this. There's a reason P and J paid the price they did and it's not just because of the kind of player Adams is. He is a force of nature. What he did today was unreal. He was everywhere, blowing up plays, pressuring Ryan, screaming to the ball, and making obscenely sharp and instinctive tackles. He reminds me of prime Earl plus prime Kam but better because his football IQ is also off the charts. And to top it all off, he's only 24. He isn't a safety. Not in the traditional sense. He's a free-roaming one man wrecking ball that has no real defined position.

But it's not just about his play. It's his fire. His character. He has a clear passion for the game and he is so excited to be here with a functioning and high level organization (sorry Jets fans). His presence unlocks the rest of this Defense and the fact that he and Bobby get to play together is gonna be a blast to watch all year.

I know there's some posts about him already but I couldn't help but chime in. This guy is extremely special. The trade looks to be a stroke of genius and the Hawks better lock this guy up quick and pay him well because if he stays healthy, we are talking about a Hall of Famer. Mark it.

OP
OP
F

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing. He reminded me a lot of Troy today.

Mick063

Reaction score
The Troy Polamalu comparison is spot on.

Would you give up two first round picks (both closer in value to a second round pick because so late) for a player of this caliber? Hell yea.

The only issue with the comparison is that long term health, consistency over years, and dedication over the long haul has to be realized to be mentioned in the same breath, but the potential is certainly there. Further, he seems to honestly love his situation here. He likes the culture, his team mates and his quarterback. It is obvious.

The sky is the limit for this young man.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The guy has an extremely high football IQ, plus athleticism, plus speed, and he can tackle.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":t1eitwt7 said:
The guy has an extremely high football IQ, plus athleticism, plus speed, and he can tackle.

So this Guy really. Just a few decades later with a different number.

GettyImages 26956910

acer1240

Reaction score
He is the real deal folks. We won this trade. In a landslide.

We get to witness a hall of fame career.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Adams is a guy that it seems like every opponents possession, he's gonna make a potentially drive killing play. And he does it from all over the field.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what the hell the Jets were thinking, you don't let a generational talent like Adams leave, doesn't even matter how many draft picks you get in return.

Safety is my favorite position, grew up idolizing Kenny Easley, and never took my eyes off of Kam.......and Adams is in that vein, even better.

He's like a hybrid Earl/Kam, the quickness and instincts of Earl, but can hit and intimidate like Kam. Holy crap is he fun to watch.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Clowney who?

Adams elevates his teammates. We got a good one and i think the comparison to Troy is good but Adams is even bigger. He brings the zoom of Earl and the Boom of Kam

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":l35ab0n6 said:
I honestly don't know what the hell the Jets were thinking, you don't let a generational talent like Adams leave, doesn't even matter how many draft picks you get in return.

Safety is my favorite position, grew up idolizing Kenny Easley, and never took my eyes off of Kam.......and Adams is in that vein, even better.

He's like a hybrid Earl/Kam, the quickness and instincts of Earl, but can hit and intimidate like Kam. Holy crap is he fun to watch.

More like a hybrid of Easley/Kam.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":11h6haku said:
Sgt. Largent":11h6haku said:

More like a hybrid of Easley/Kam.

I'm OK with this, especially comparing instincts. Easley had tremendous instincts...............I see the same in Adams. Ball Hawk.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Yesterday watching him reminded me of watching Lynch in the first little bit he was here - I was like "Holy crap - we got a run game now!". Yesterday was like "Holy crap we have LOB 2.0 or better now!" Loved Loved Loved it!

RCATES

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":muacxjcj said:
We all love what Earl and Kam did for this franchise. They were incredible players during the prime era of the Hawks. But there was a fire there today that I haven't seen since the SuperBowl year. I don't wanna get too optimistic too early but Russ looked electric and the D had swagger.

I think that Jamal Adams is the key to all of this. There's a reason P and J paid the price they did and it's not just because of the kind of player Adams is. He is a force of nature. What he did today was unreal. He was everywhere, blowing up plays, pressuring Ryan, screaming to the ball, and making obscenely sharp and instinctive tackles. He reminds me of prime Earl plus prime Kam but better because his football IQ is also off the charts. And to top it all off, he's only 24. He isn't a safety. Not in the traditional sense. He's a free-roaming one man wrecking ball that has no real defined position.

But it's not just about his play. It's his fire. His character. He has a clear passion for the game and he is so excited to be here with a functioning and high level organization (sorry Jets fans). His presence unlocks the rest of this Defense and the fact that he and Bobby get to play together is gonna be a blast to watch all year.

I know there's some posts about him already but I couldn't help but chime in. This guy is extremely special. The trade looks to be a stroke of genius and the Hawks better lock this guy up quick and pay him well because if he stays healthy, we are talking about a Hall of Famer. Mark it.

Not sure how you watch the whole secondary get dismantled yesterday and come to this conclusion.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
RCATES":vy3e6q0t said:
FearTheHawk":vy3e6q0t said:

Not sure how you watch the whole secondary get dismantled yesterday and come to this conclusion.

Toxic posts like this are unnecessary and unhealthy to this board.
Adams wasn't the reason Ryan threw for 450 in a loss.
The Falcons have always had success against our defense, even with the LOB.

Good post by the OP. He was definitely a difference maker yesterday and can't wait to see what he can do for this team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not too worried about yards given up in garbage time.
Yards is a fantasy league stat when it comes to defense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2jh3lxns said:
Sports Hernia":2jh3lxns said:

So this Guy really. Just a few decades later with a different number.

GettyImages 26956910
OMG!, I told my Wife exactly the same thing BEFORE the game even got under way; Told her that this guy is going to be EASLEY 2.0....IF this guy stays healthy, the whole Defense will will progress rapidly....He amps up everyone on the team AND Coaching Staff. :rocker: :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Hawks D stopped them 4 TIMES on 4th down. They got a bunch of garbage time yards, big deal. I suspect the Falcons will move the ball on a lot of teams. The Hawks D made huge plays when needed.
And the addition of Adams flat out makes the entire attitude of the Defense change. They guys are flying around and knocking teeth out.

SE174

Reaction score
Earl's range, Kam's hits, and Sherm's brashness. He is LOB 2.0 rolled into one.