Jamal Adams has unlocked this team

The Breh

Reaction score
I was perplexed yesterday.
I was more excited to watch defense instead of offense.
Those dudes were playing with fire we hadn't seen in years.
Yards were given up but stops were being made.
Falcons were gettin smacked.
The lack of crowd illuminated the sounds from the players.
The offense and defense both fed off each other's energy.

We've seen this before.
It's just been so damn, frustratingly long.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
FearTheHawk":1yn4dtko said:
We all love what Earl and Kam did for this franchise. They were incredible players during the prime era of the Hawks. But there was a fire there today that I haven't seen since the SuperBowl year. I don't wanna get too optimistic too early but Russ looked electric and the D had swagger.

I think that Jamal Adams is the key to all of this. There's a reason P and J paid the price they did and it's not just because of the kind of player Adams is. He is a force of nature. What he did today was unreal. He was everywhere, blowing up plays, pressuring Ryan, screaming to the ball, and making obscenely sharp and instinctive tackles. He reminds me of prime Earl plus prime Kam but better because his football IQ is also off the charts. And to top it all off, he's only 24. He isn't a safety. Not in the traditional sense. He's a free-roaming one man wrecking ball that has no real defined position.

But it's not just about his play. It's his fire. His character. He has a clear passion for the game and he is so excited to be here with a functioning and high level organization (sorry Jets fans). His presence unlocks the rest of this Defense and the fact that he and Bobby get to play together is gonna be a blast to watch all year.

I know there's some posts about him already but I couldn't help but chime in. This guy is extremely special. The trade looks to be a stroke of genius and the Hawks better lock this guy up quick and pay him well because if he stays healthy, we are talking about a Hall of Famer. Mark it.

Ask Adams what he thinks the key is. He'll give you two numbers...3 and 54, then he'll add a bunch of others and include coach and organization. He's a happy guy to be where he is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I honestly think he will go down as being as good as any of the LOB members. Early yes, but if he stays healthy, he can be one of the all time greats. And yes, I know it's only one game.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
chris98251":2sosflqe said:
Sports Hernia":2sosflqe said:
The guy has an extremely high football IQ, plus athleticism, plus speed, and he can tackle.

So this Guy really. Just a few decades later with a different number.

GettyImages 26956910

There is a play till this day that stands out in my mind.It was against the Rams.Kenny Easley came on a blitz Eric Dickerson
tried to pick him up only to be blasted 5 yards back right on his tush.My jaw drop to the floor.
As much as Kam was an enforcer?Kenny Easley was The Judge,Jury and the Executioner in my book.
Even Ronnie Lott considered the best safety to ever play the game once said Kenny Easley was the Greatest safety in the NFL.It was just to bad he got sick.

samwize77

Reaction score
RCATES":3oqf70sa said:
FearTheHawk":3oqf70sa said:
We all love what Earl and Kam did for this franchise. They were incredible players during the prime era of the Hawks. But there was a fire there today that I haven't seen since the SuperBowl year. I don't wanna get too optimistic too early but Russ looked electric and the D had swagger.

I think that Jamal Adams is the key to all of this. There's a reason P and J paid the price they did and it's not just because of the kind of player Adams is. He is a force of nature. What he did today was unreal. He was everywhere, blowing up plays, pressuring Ryan, screaming to the ball, and making obscenely sharp and instinctive tackles. He reminds me of prime Earl plus prime Kam but better because his football IQ is also off the charts. And to top it all off, he's only 24. He isn't a safety. Not in the traditional sense. He's a free-roaming one man wrecking ball that has no real defined position.

But it's not just about his play. It's his fire. His character. He has a clear passion for the game and he is so excited to be here with a functioning and high level organization (sorry Jets fans). His presence unlocks the rest of this Defense and the fact that he and Bobby get to play together is gonna be a blast to watch all year.

I know there's some posts about him already but I couldn't help but chime in. This guy is extremely special. The trade looks to be a stroke of genius and the Hawks better lock this guy up quick and pay him well because if he stays healthy, we are talking about a Hall of Famer. Mark it.

Not sure how you watch the whole secondary get dismantled yesterday and come to this conclusion.

I am very excited to have JA on this team (and my fantasy team)...and he certainly kicked ass yesterday. However, as a secondary, we got torched a lot yesterday. Fortunately it was mostly between the 20's.

TraderGary

Reaction score
samwize77":2zs7rt1t said:
RCATES":2zs7rt1t said:
FearTheHawk":2zs7rt1t said:

Not sure how you watch the whole secondary get dismantled yesterday and come to this conclusion.

I am very excited to have JA on this team (and my fantasy team)...and he certainly kicked ass yesterday. However, as a secondary, we got torched a lot yesterday. Fortunately it was mostly between the 20's.

It's game one and without any preseason games, so as expected, there are definitely some things to clean up. But that being said, Ryan, Julio, and Ridley are going to torch a lot of secondaries before this season is over. They have one of the best QB/WR combinations in the league.

But also keep in mind that once we built a big lead, the defense was playing very soft and that's when a good portion of those yards were given up.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Polamalu OR Sean Taylor? Not sure which is the more apt comparison. Will be fun to contrast and compare for seasons into the future.

I was arguing with a friend that Seattle may have the best group of safeties in franchise history of any NFL team.

I think San Francisco is the only other team that can make a reasonable argument against us.

Easley
Robinson
D Williams
Earl
Kam
Adams

Throw in Merton Hanks and Bennie Blades well past their prime.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2fwx1guc said:
Clowney who?

Adams elevates his teammates. We got a good one and i think the comparison to Troy is good but Adams is even bigger. He brings the zoom of Earl and the Boom of Kam

*S*...ZoomBoom Adams....I like it !

OP
OP
F

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I Stand by what I said. This guy is the face of this franchise. Hell of a last few weeks. What a ******* trade

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I have to disagree, I think the main reason for the Seahawks defensive turnaround was Dunlap. He’s creating opportunities for everyone on the line. What we do with Adams was a huge double edged sword without a competent pass rusher. Dunlap completely turned things around for the Seahawks.

OP
OP
F

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with that either. Dunlap has been enormous. But Jamal is the leader of this defense along with bobby. That is evident.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1v793u40 said:
I have to disagree, I think the main reason for the Seahawks defensive turnaround was Dunlap. He’s creating opportunities for everyone on the line. What we do with Adams was a huge double edged sword without a competent pass rusher. Dunlap completely turned things around for the Seahawks.

This is 100% Jamal’s defense at the moment. The amount of confidence the rest of the D have because of Adams is the #1 driver of the turnaround. Dunlap, of course, is a huge part of it as well- but his presence hasn’t vaulted us up to the championship level were playing right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's a combination, always has been.

Kam, Sherm, Avril and Bennett.

now

Diggs, Wagner, Adams, Dunlap, Reed.

OP
OP
F

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
Don’t even get me started on quandre. John Schneider is a master. Immediately replacing kam and Earl with another pro bowl safety combo. Unreal.