Jamal Adams likely Out for Season

jeremy2020

Reaction score
a 'safety' who doesn't know what to do when the ball is in the air is a liability. The team just got better.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
We need to move on anyways. The entire player/contract was based on a previous win-now with Mr.Unlimited business model which is no longer in place. Let him go to Pittsburgh or something and be a 3-4 blitz boy instead.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, people are going to dwell on it for a long time. They took a shot, it didn't work out. All you can do is move forward. That being said, claiming the team got better by losing a VERY good football player is just plain silly. MANY just plain don't like the guy. And that's fine.

GemCity

Reaction score
Pretty sad that fans are happy to see him injured.

Jealousy and envy are real. Talking about spouses, hair color, and/or hating a guy because he may be “flashy”.

Must be hard being you.

Seymour

Reaction score
For the record, I for one am not happy he's injured. I was hoping they could find a role for him that could carry the contract and draft loss weight. I never liked the trade from the get go because of the cost and the fact his strengths do not fit his position, and the position they fit he is not built for.
At this point. I think the team would be better off moving on without him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Depends on the cap hits etc. He's not playing again in 2022, so in a sense they are moving on from him. For at least a year. Then they can revisit later.
IF there's an injury settlement that they can save some cap room etc. then yeah it probably is worth considering. I have no idea how that all works, and I don't have any "sources" :ROFLMAO:

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
It really is sad. The dude plays hard, and wants to win BAD. This is a huge loss to the team, period.
Did he though? In his time with the Hawks the only max effort I’ve seen is when it’s a potential highlight play.

Seems like it all about self aggrandizing for the rooster. Adams reeks of fake tough guy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You clearly have your mind made up. If you don't think Adams played hard, you were not watching. But pounce, it's what many 12s like to do.
Fake tough guy? As opposed to a keyboard warrior. I doubt you'd say that to his face.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
You clearly have your mind made up. If you don't think Adams played hard, you were not watching. But pounce, it's what many 12s like to do.
Fake tough guy? As opposed to a keyboard warrior. I doubt you'd say that to his face.
Did you see the play where Javonte breaks a nice run to the right and is angled out by Adams? Nothing remarkable by Adams, yet he gets in Williams’s face and does the rooster routine. That’s classic fake tough guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Not fake, just so broken and hurt that Adam's started making business decisions to not further damage his shoulders.

So too many pulling up on goal line runs and too many arm tackles because again he was afraid to hit at full speed.

I'll never question Adam's heart, dude cares and he definitely played the game the right way. Emphasis on "played," as in past tense. Feel bad for him, but he's broken, time to move on and hopefully Pete and John have learned their lesson with giving up so much draft capital for a player who's shelf life is VERY limited with the style in which he plays.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Not fake, just so broken and hurt that Adam's started making business decisions to not further damage his shoulders.

So too many pulling up on goal line runs and too many arm tackles because again he was afraid to hit at full speed.

I'll never question Adam's heart, dude cares and he definitely played the game the right way. Emphasis on "played," as in past tense. Feel bad for him, but he's broken, time to move on and hopefully Pete and John have learned their lesson with giving up so much draft capital for a player who's shelf life is VERY limited with the style in which he plays.
Correct, he no longer plays the style yet continues to pretend (and talk) like he does ie fake.

Exhibit A: 10 seconds on.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not fake, just so broken and hurt that Adam's started making business decisions to not further damage his shoulders......
To be fair, if he can't back it up with instilling fear with hits (think Kam, Browner) then in a sense that is fake since it's living in the past.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
To be fair, if he can't back it up with instilling fear with hits (think Kam, Browner) then in a sense that is fake since it's living in the past.

So he's just suppose to change the way he's wired and plays?

I think you guys are being unfair to Jamal. Why can't we just be empathetic to one of our player's that's gone through hell and back trying to get right in order to help his team, a team he obviously cares about a lot because all his teammates love him.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I wonder when we can get out of that contract without a massive cap hit?
Spotrac says there's an out in 2024, at which point it would be a three-year, $46.44M contract, including $14.22M in dead 2024 cap.

So here's hoping for good health for Adams in 2023. At least that way, the Seahawks get something of value out of what has otherwise been a disaster.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Largent puts it perfectly. But hey, pounce on a guy who is lost for the season. Zero empathy at all. Whatever gets you thru the day I guess.

Seymour

Reaction score
So he's just suppose to change the way he's wired and plays?

I think you guys are being unfair to Jamal. Why can't we just be empathetic to one of our player's that's gone through hell and back trying to get right in order to help his team, a team he obviously cares about a lot because all his teammates love him.
Would you change the way you cross a street after you've been hit by a car?

Yes, he could gear it down a little and still have heart. Little things like the "missed it by that much" drama when the ball hits you in the face mask is a bad look.

Latest posts