Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

John63

Reaction score
Great. Let's say this is good still think price is steep. my concerns are 1. Still no pass blocking. 2 PC continues with his bs conservative offense.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What Seattle gave up is likely two late first rounders and a late third, plus Bradley, for Jamal and a fourth.

This trade probably barely gets Seattle to the #6 pick in the draft, if at all - which is Jamal's original slot. Jamal comes with the added benefit of being a PROVEN blue chip.

I am 100% down with the trade. Jamal Adams transforms this defense.

chrispy

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1mkbdnyg said:
CPHawk":1mkbdnyg said:
Basically we just traded 2 picks that wouldn't make an impact based on our history picking. For a guy who is an All Pro level right now? I'll take it. As long as wee kept those middle round picks, we will be better off because of this trade.

Look at it this way:

Who wouldn't want Jamal Adams for any combination of two of the following: Collier, Penny, McDowell, Ifedi.
Heck, you can have all four and I'll throw in McDougald just to make sure.

-steep price, but not as steep as keeping our past first rounders....

chris98251

Reaction score
Well there may or may not be a college season, players may or may not play due to concerns about the virus by themselves or their schools and or cough cough interested supporters, so getting a guy at his level of play versus not only a dice role next year with limited availability to scout, but whom may not play is hedging the right direction as we see it today I think, a vaccine may not be wide spread available till next spring they way they have politicized everything and who knows what the truth really is since Doctors have gag orders now.

xray

Reaction score
The draft picks bother me . But having a bottom feeder pass rush , they need all the d-backs they can sign . Hope it works out .

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I see a lot of highlights of Adams playing downhill and blitzing successfully. Will we see a philosophical change on D. and see a more aggressive blitzing D? Especially if we see early on that we aren't getting pressure from the front 4?

If he can help neutralize TE's that will be huge vs the Niners with Kittle and even the Rams. Seems to me Higbee and Everett slashed the D last year

poly1274

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1xm489c5 said:
Man we are going to be good. Our secondary is now the best in the league as a position group. SB baby!!!! People stop whining about picks.

Our Secondary is now the best?

Flowers?

Griffin?

Jville

Reaction score
Bookkeeping Review:

#1. Trading the Bradley McDougal contract for the Jamal Adams contract actually saves $478,468 in 2020 cap space.

#2. Trading away two consecutive #1 draft picks eliminates the trap of $20 + million in contract guarantees over the next five years associated with a couple of non guaranteed draft projections.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Great player. Glad he is on the team. Ridiculous overpay by a GM that needs to be gone.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well the RW era is closing faster than people think. If they want another trophy they have to get guys like this since they dont have the ability to draft anyone good in the first round. Steep price to pay though...Just need an oline and a dline and its contender time.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
The window is closing for pete and russ. John is just worried Russ wont get the shine. Idgaf. I want a damn title.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3i2l07gz said:
Huge price for a huge talent. Interesting enough wasn’t the 2 firsts that annoyed me in this trade but the 3rd.
They usually piss away their firsts anyway. I hope they have a plan.

If you think about it, a Jets 4rd pick should be close to a late 3rd and Sea 3rd pick should be close to an early 4th rd. Almost a wash.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawksSoc":k79akrx5 said:
J Adams is good, so good. But he just can't be as good as McDougald, 2 First Round players and a Third Round player.

100% this!!

Way too steep for any single player! This stinks of throwing in the towel on acquiring quality first round starters IMO. Love the trade "this year", but by 2022 we will be a weaker team from this trade. :|

vonstout

Reaction score
John63":26568yl4 said:
again what good is a safety when the QB has all day due to no pass rush

what good is a safety when your QB is running for his life again.

I love the plaeyrs, hate teh price adn the fact we still have bigger needs
Also Wilson did not get his wich

were is the pass rush, were is the offensive weapons ie 3rd WR, were is the pass protection.

They went into this off season with 4 needs

pass rush
pass blocking
#3 wr option
another RB

we are 1 for 4 that is bad

Hyde had a great year so that checks that box.
Phillip Dorset should be a very good #3 WR so that was filled too
Mayowa, Irvin, and Adams all would have led the Hawks in sacks last year and they drafted 2 DEs that both had good stats in college. I think the rush will be better.

That’s 3 out of 4.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Look at our backfield when we were the #1 defense 4 years in a row. QB had to hold the ball...

Our biggest problem with the pass rush has been coverage. WR/TE/RBs are wide open coming off the line and the ball is out in 2 seconds. NO Dline can get to the QB in that amount of time.

The revamped DBs will eliminate that, and people like Jarran Reed (his sacks will increase) will look like a steal halfway through the season.

Now is the time for Clowney to come back on a 1 year deal. This backfield will allow him to put up the kind of numbers he needs in order to get that big money contract, and for us to get a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2022.

Edit: One more thing, the Rams were trying to trade for Jamal too. With what? I don't know. The 49ers might have been in that mix. So it's great that we got him, and they didn't. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nepahawk":cqlr6j8r said:
Sports Hernia":cqlr6j8r said:
Huge price for a huge talent. Interesting enough wasn’t the 2 firsts that annoyed me in this trade but the 3rd.
They usually piss away their firsts anyway. I hope they have a plan.

If you think about it, a Jets 4rd pick should be close to a late 3rd and Sea 3rd pick should be close to an early 4th rd. Almost a wash.
Good point. I forgot about that.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Not going to read up on your internal discussions.

Do want to say: OUCH!!!

Not happy about this.

But good for you guys.

John63

Reaction score
vonstout":2kbzkhk4 said:
John63":2kbzkhk4 said:
again what good is a safety when the QB has all day due to no pass rush

what good is a safety when your QB is running for his life again.

I love the plaeyrs, hate teh price adn the fact we still have bigger needs
Also Wilson did not get his wich

were is the pass rush, were is the offensive weapons ie 3rd WR, were is the pass protection.

They went into this off season with 4 needs

pass rush
pass blocking
#3 wr option
another RB

we are 1 for 4 that is bad

Hyde had a great year so that checks that box.
Phillip Dorset should be a very good #3 WR so that was filled too
Mayowa, Irvin, and Adams all would have led the Hawks in sacks last year and they drafted 2 DEs that both had good stats in college. I think the rush will be better.

That’s 3 out of 4.

Dorsett is a question mark so not solved.
All olien man picked up our known run blocker sand bad pass blocker,
great they had sacks, but does not so0lve dline issue

sp at best 1 of 4 and thats assuming Hyde can produce in this system, which in itself is a huge issue

Latest posts