Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

King Dog

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1n1vobpa said:
pittpnthrs":1n1vobpa said:
Its official, our front office is a disaster. Gave up the world for a player we didnt need while the glaring holes we have still remain. This move will handicap the team for years to come. As for the people defending this move by saying our first rounders never pan out anyways,,,,,,think about what your saying. If that doesnt define ineptitude, I dont know what does.

Our FO is in no way a disaster, even though I think they misread this situation.
As for a lot of those decrying the value of (our) first round picks, I wonder how that makes guys like Brooks feel.

Or....Collier :D

mrblitz

Reaction score
i was actually relieved to see the deal was mostly draft picks, and not players. something about birds in the hand versus birds in the bush. football has a lot of twists and turns. we'll have to see how it works out.

Atradees

Reaction score
Wow, stunning and great move.......15 mill for a superstar is on the cheap anymore. Thats what he wants. Thats what he gets.

Decimation

Reaction score
Absolutely love the trade and the player. Yes, two first round picks is a lot for a safety, but Adams isn’t just a safety. He can play linebacker at an extremely high level and edge rush. He’s a beast in run defense and coverage, and makes game changing plays. I’d definitely give up what we did for someone so versatile and talented who can make plays that change games (see Daniel Jones QB strip play, so clean). In the end, football games are decided by a handful of plays and this dude makes them.

This man carried the Jets defense last year. He will do BIG things here. The difference in our defense will be clear as a day with his presence.

253hawk

Reaction score
When they aren't being traded away, our 1st round picks lately have been about as good as anyone else's 2nd/3rd/4th round picks. The most recent notable one being Bruce Irvin, 8 years ago. I'm fine with it.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
A lot of responses undervaluing the first round picks because the team has sucked at picking in the first round. IF they would have solved THAT problem years ago we might not have needed to do this.

Glad to have him though. I’m wondering about short term cap savings of plus Adams and minus McDougakd and if that can help sign Clowney

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":350szfw9 said:
Also.

One of you admins owes me a Rams Avi.
I like the redhead with Rams shirt that Pmedic posted
It would be perfect even if isn't you.
Good to see you RA! :irishdrinkers:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its going to take me a long time to get over this move. I'm still shaking my head. Do you guys realize that Seattle gave up more for a safety than the Bears did for Khalil Mack? Insane.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":37wj5zwc said:
Its official, our front office is a disaster. Gave up the world for a player we didnt need while the glaring holes we have still remain. This move will handicap the team for years to come. As for the people defending this move by saying our first rounders never pan out anyways,,,,,,think about what your saying. If that doesnt define ineptitude, I dont know what does.
I posted this in another thread but may as well use here too.
Ok my take now...
I have trouble with 3 picks and a player for a safety but when
you consider one first as Adams himself in next draft it starts
to feel a little better.
One high 4th for a weak 3rd is almost a wash so feel yet better.
Mcdougal..I hate to see go but we are stacked with younger guys
with higher upsides back there no?
So in the end that one last 1st pick may hurt the most or not it really
depends on if we win more and get further in the playoffs right?
It would be a deep 1st round pick anyway,not a top 20.
I think the Jets sure thought about where our average first picks were
so all in all I can live with this trade with time to reflect.
RW got his superstar right?I see John63 totally not liking this in many
posts..I will leave him with this "Defense wins Championships"

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1696rqfe said:
RW got his superstar right?I

I think Russ was hoping more for some talent on the offensive side of the ball. The guys been playing behind horrid offensive lines since hes been in the league, but who cares right? Dude probably wakes up every monday morning peeing blood, but no problem. One of these days hes not going to get back up but at least the team over paid for a safety right? *sigh*

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":351fb5y3 said:
IndyHawk":351fb5y3 said:

I think Russ was hoping more for some talent on the offensive side of the ball. The guys been playing behind horrid offensive lines since hes been in the league, but who cares right? Dude probably wakes up every monday morning peeing blood, but no problem. One of these days hes not going to get back up but at least the team over paid for a safety right? *sigh*

You sound hurt man... everything ok?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":5ispcdjs said:
pittpnthrs":5ispcdjs said:
IndyHawk":5ispcdjs said:

You sound hurt man... everything ok?
He brings up a valid point, Russell Wilson is getting older. He isn't quite as mobile as he used to be and if those hits keep happening they will begin to start taking their toll. Our offensive line is in a very poor state, we absolutely have dropped the ball addressing the line this year. What is worse is the fact this trade will severely hamstring the Seahawks going forward. Our defensive and offensive lines are huge question marks that are being held together by spit and duct tape at this moment. In addition Duane Brown is one of the oldest starting tackles in the NFL at the moment. How long do you expect he is able to play before he becomes injury prone, or just flat out ineffective?

This move was short-sighted, and honestly I don't think Pete cares about the future at this point. I think he's just trying to go for one last run before he retires. Unfortunately I suspect that our lines will be our undoing this season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3k6a44ej said:

This is a crap take. The team needed a blue chip talent to remain competitive. Adams will be a leader for years to come and is as versatile of a defender as you can find.

You generally just don't find guys like that outside of the top of the draft. This trade haul is similar to a trade up to the top 10 in the draft... except Adams is a proven blue chip. This is absolutely not as bad as it looks when you consider where the picks would likely be in the draft order.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The best safety in football for 2 unkown first round picks that the Seahawks would likely screw up anyway seems like a fair exchange. Also anyone that thinks Seattle's secondary was fine was not watching the same games i was last year our coverage was putrid . They needed to upgrade the secondary and they have with this trade.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1ckd5kv5 said:
pittpnthrs":1ckd5kv5 said:

This is a crap take. The team needed a blue chip talent to remain competitive. Adams will be a leader for years to come and is as versatile of a defender as you can find.

You generally just don't find guys like that outside of the top of the draft. This trade haul is similar to a trade up to the top 10 in the draft... except Adams is a proven blue chip. This is absolutely not as bad as it looks when you consider where the picks would likely be in the draft order.

Its not a crap take. Seriously they havent had a good draft in like 7 years (2015 was mediocre). Our biggest weaknesses are offensive and defensive line and they have done nothing to fix it. Wilson staying healthy has been the luckiest thing in the world. One day our luck is going to run out. Adams will handicap our cap space for years to come. This is yet another luxury take when we cant afford it. This FO is so criminally overatted its sad.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":8g8wgnhm said:
Maelstrom787":8g8wgnhm said:
pittpnthrs":8g8wgnhm said:

Its not a crap take. Seriously they havent had a good draft in like 7 years (2015 was mediocre). Our biggest weaknesses are offensive and defensive line and they have done nothing to fix it. Wilson staying healthy has been the luckiest thing in the world. One day our luck is going to run out. Adams will handicap our cap space for years to come. This is yet another luxury take when we cant afford it. This FO is so criminally overatted its sad.

I like the trade Wilson isn't getting any younger we need top tier talent Now not 3-4 years from now . That's when those first round players would likely be good enough to really tilt the field and that's presuming the Seahawks picks were good choices. Adams is ready to roll right now. I'll say it again this secondary as is was not good enough bro . Diggs and a bag of chips doesn't get you a trip to the NFC Championship game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Really I think we are trying to do two things, recognize that Wilson needs a better line, why the revamp with younger guys now instead of ageing retreads, also getting the defense back up to par. With the addition of our WR's and the abundance of TE's being fitted in plus Hyde for short yardage and back up for just in case we are going to do two things on offense, quicker plays and hitters, more beef for blocking.

This is indeed a now push for the Franchise knowing that bad things can happen so you push now and hope the stars align and some luck.

Why I still think we have one or two moves yet we are going to make.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":199czx2h said:
Also anyone that thinks Seattle's secondary was fine was not watching the same games i was last year our coverage was putrid .

None of which was the fault of McDougald.

And it actually wasn't as bad as you've been led to believe.

Latest posts