Jamal Adams will be playing next Monday

JPatera76

Reaction score
I mean a concussion from a knee to the head doesn't really have anything to do with being "made of glass". The guy plays his absolute heart out and is everything you want in a football player.
Bingo, im not gunna bag on him. Dude's going to definitely be going through some mental battles right now and fighting demons.

sutz

Reaction score
Hopefully his head clears in the next two weeks.

cymatica

Reaction score
I mean a concussion from a knee to the head doesn't really have anything to do with being "made of glass". The guy plays his absolute heart out and is everything you want in a football player.
You could argue he put himself in that situation with that wreckless diving tackle

Welshers2

Reaction score
You could argue he put himself in that situation with that wreckless diving tackle
Yeah you could say his relentless style of play leads to more injuries, I could see that being a reasonable arguement. But not that he's "made of glass" or not tough. He absolutely plays his heart out and goes so hard on every play that it might just be too tough on his body and he gets injured sometimes because of it. Still, that's what I want in a football player, a guy who gives insane effort and clearly cares so much about the game. he loves football and wants to win. cant say that for everyone

Millen Hawk

Reaction score
Sucks for Adams and the Hawks, he brings a lot of energy but… the team is better without him.

It’s a small sample size but he had a missed sack. A hit on a WR that was good. The play he got injured he dove to the feet to tackle a QB. Any other player would have easily hopped over him.

Ironically the NYG were marching down the field when he was on the field. And the following two plays after he got injured we stopped them.

Lastly….Adams has been “sacked” by QBs more in two years then he has sacked them. Maybe he should try tackling kickers so he doesn’t get hurt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

I agree, but as I said yesterday Adams was going to come out rusty, and it showed. Missed sack, couple bad angles to tackles and a REALLY bad angle resulting in a concussion.

He should be good to go in a couple weeks.

Only thing I'm worried about is if you remember the Giants were moving the ball fairly well in those 1st two series with Adams in the game. So I hope we're not going to run into the same issue we had before with Adams, where his freelancing trying to make plays results in large gaps in the defense and the other defenders having to cover more space than they normally would.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
It has everything to do with the large amount of money being paid to play. Maybe if he wasn't broken so much that when something like this happens it would be understandable. One game and he's out, shocker!

jammerhawk

Reaction score

I just love (cough) these 'told you so folks', who likely never played a hard contact sport. Concussions happen to anyone involved in hard collisions, it was unfortunate the second tackle took him out of the game. He got the stop however.

To me it was sad b/c Adams started very fast and in nine plays had two key tackles both hard as heck physically and a QB hurry that was almost a sack. You could see his visible disappointment that the neurologist took his helmet away for the rest of the game. He wanted to play and to show us again he is an uber talented player. We had a flash of it again yesterday.

For a moment just imagine that performance from Adams for a whole game. He'll be back, and now has two weeks to get even stronger.

edogg23

Reaction score
I just love (cough) these 'told you so folks', who likely never played a hard contact sport. Concussions happen to anyone involved in hard collisions, it was unfortunate the second tackle took him out of the game. He got the stop however.

To me it was sad b/c Adams started very fast and in nine plays had two key tackles both hard as heck physically and a QB hurry that was almost a sack. You could see his visible disappointment that the neurologist took his helmet away for the rest of the game. He wanted to play and to show us again he is an uber talented player. We had a flash of it again yesterday.

For a moment just imagine that performance from Adams for a whole game. He'll be back, and now has two weeks to get even stronger.
That’s all we will ever be able to do with this guy is imagine.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Anyone who is borderline, I wouldn't have an issue with Pete being careful. Gives them an extra 2 weeks. It's a long season. I hate seeing all the injuries so early, and it's def. league wide. So many huge names injured. Still makes me think that teams need to play their starters more in pre-season.
I agree. Basically, as I believe you might have actually mentioned in another post, seems like the first few weeks of the regular season are now treated as preseason.

And, injuries are the result.....

White Devil

Reaction score
The hate from people on this board for Adams always cracks me up.

He plays like every play may be his last play. He plays with the reckless abandon and intensity that we all wish every player on the team, hell in the league, played with.

It leads to injuries when you completely sellout on every play.

I get it if you're upset about the draft picks and money being spent on him, but damn, if you don't like it when he's on the field, you're crazy.

Especially with the D finally set to where they wanted it. Spoon in the slot and Adams on the other side, who's blitzing, who's not?

These team is good without Adams. With him, the D has a chance to be great.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He hasn't played in a while. Imagine his muscle memory is a bit fuzzy.

But

That was terrible tackling technique.

Leading with the head, not the shoulder.
WAY too low.

Leading with your helmet is a good way to get injured. Which happened.
We need him back though. I'm not in love with Love at all.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The earlier tackle on the wide receiver was perfect form while the tackle that concussed him certainly was not. I suspect his objective was to take the legs out from under the QB which is a tackling technique frequently used by smaller players against those larger than them. However, the tackle stopped the play and the QBs progress as desired but with negative effect to Adams. Undoubtedly the team will wish to discuss the tackling technique with him.