Jamal Adams will be playing next Monday

SheaD

Reaction score
The tackle on the wide receiver was perfect form while the tackle that concussed him certainly was not. I suspect his objective was to take the legs out from under the QB which is a tackling technique frequently used by smaller players against those larger than them. the tackle stopped the play and the QBs progress as desired but with negative effect to Adams. Undoubtedly the team will wish to discuss the tackling technique with him.

Still, he's gotta keep his head up. He's lucky it wasn't a major neck/spine injury with the way he was hit.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don't disagree, and that is why he got concussed after taking a knee to the head.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete said he'll be back after the Bye. Def. should have kept his head up.
Funny thing is that as soon as this happened, I was like "oh geez, dot net is gonna' be so fun after this" :ROFLMAO:

Millen Hawk

Reaction score
There's a saying..."You're best ability is your availability"

I feel that the reason for the divide between fans on Adams is that some people see him as an Alpha Dog, the motivator, his speed, being everywhere on the field, leading the league in sacks for a SS, and what he did in his first few years in the league.... compared to the other half who see him as a liability in coverage situations, his injuries, his lack of being able to wrap up tackles, and his massive contract, and stats of how he and the team do when he's playing compared to not playing.

Unfortunately we can't determine how good of a player he is or isn't because he's been hurt for the past two seasons....maybe longer. But we should be able to agree that that up until now he's been a bust due to injuries.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately we can't determine how good of a player he is or isn't because he's been hurt for the past two seasons....maybe longer. But we should be able to agree that that up until now he's been a bust due to injuries.

We can agree he has not been on the field, and that is unfortunate at best and downright a waste of contract and team-ability at worst.

How people define the word "bust" is entirely subjective, the root cause of many arguments and disagreements, and maybe should be left out of this discussion entirely if we want it to remain productive.

Raifers

Reaction score
We can agree he has not been on the field, and that is unfortunate at best and downright a waste of contract and team-ability at worst.

How people define the word "bust" is entirely subjective, the root cause of many arguments and disagreements, and maybe should be left out of this discussion entirely if we want it to remain productive.
He’s a bust to how much productions he’s given related to how much of the cap space he’s taking. Yes there are always intangibles that can’t be measured or tracked as stats, but he’s being paid as one of the top safeties in the league and hasn’t produced like one.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
He’s a bust to how much productions he’s given related to how much of the cap space he’s taking. Yes there are always intangibles that can’t be measured or tracked as stats, but he’s being paid as one of the top safeties in the league and hasn’t produced like one.

Have at it if you wish, but my warning stands.

It's an unproductive conversation. Argue value vs. payment vs. production, etc. That's more useful rather than arguing over adjectives.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
His exceptional play was noticed by more than one commentator for the 9 plays he was in prior to being concussed. Pat Kerwin of the Sirius XM NFL network said he was getting ready to get his popcorn to enjoy more as Adams was so dominant (9 plays- 1 qb hurry that was almost a sack, one smoking hard tackle of the WR, and then the QB tackle that knocked him out).

Pete is excited to see more from the Prez, who is cleared to play and apparently playing on Sunday.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The speed, the energy, barely missed a sack and blasted another guy on a one-on-one tackle. That was good to see.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I know, I really want to see more and simply ignore the Nellies who fail to understand this player really wants to play does not malinger with injuries and does the most to get back on the field including, shoulder surgeries, fusing his fingers so they won't dislocate again, painful rehab, cough, and yelling at the medical staff.

He was exceptional in his first season here, poorly used his second, missed the 3rd, and is now hopefully back and wanting to play hard. He can be a huge difference maker.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I've been down on him for awhile. I do have to admit, his 9 plays on MNF, he was a heat seeking missile. I've tried to keep my hopes down, but the thought of that player paired with what Spoon exhibited last week, makes me think the defense can throw some crazy looks at teams.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Jamal Adams to me is like continuing a downward spiraling relationship that started off hot but has red flags all over it. Are you too busy fantasizing about the past and this potential future vs just looking at what is really in front of you. If only... things were... Things could be...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
He didn't stop being a hell of a football player.

You can't be a hell of a football player or even a player in general if you're not on the field. Yes there are reasons for every injury, but the fact is he has been injured time and time again and is NOT playing. He has become a liability because the team has to game plan and practice with talent they can rely on to be on the field.

Imagine having a crew pit member for an F1 race that was 10X faster than the other dudes, but 7/10 times the car came in to pit he was missing because he was injured/abducted vs having someone else just be average but will be there when its time to do the job. Now imagine the team boss deciding whether or not they want to go into the next race with the dude who is missing 7/10 times vs the average person who doesn't appear to have that issue.

If it were me, I'd plan not to make JA the starter as used for special packages only and call it "easing him back in" to soothe his ego.