Jared Verse

GemCity

Reaction score
I read something here about him being inconsistent but, I think I’d be happy to grab this guy at 16.

For arguments sake, let’s rule out QB at 16 and the big bad DT from Texas goes early.

Would you guys be digging this pick?

CactusJack

Reaction score
He came on strong down the stretch. Dominate at times against Florida & Louisville. I think it's safe to say he's most likely either the #2 or #3 edge in this class.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Run defense is overrated. If you can shut down QBs, you are worth the tradeoff.

Few teams run the ball well enough for that to matter, and most that do don't go far in the playoffs anyway.

Verse is a terror as a pass rusher, which is the reason you want him.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Anyone who is successful as a QB rusher should automatically be able to also be disruptive to running game. Taylor hasn't proven that to be correct, but he also hasn't been overwhelming as a pass rusher IMO. Very disappointed in the way his career has produced so far as I had high hopes for him. Verse is one I think is a future NFL star. I have previously stated I would be pleased to see us take him at 16.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think all top three edge rushers (Verse, Latu, Turner) will be gone within the first 15 picks. But he'd be a consideration at 16, based on who's available.

He came on strong down the stretch. Dominate at times against Florida & Louisville. I think it's safe to say he's most likely either the #2 or #3 edge in this class. I would have Latu ahead of him. While some people prefer Dallas Turner.

I bet verse is there at 16.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I hope verse is there at 16. Not our biggest need but the guy is a game changer

SonicHawk

Reaction score
A speed guy who has some good hand technique and can win down low at the line? Great 2nd choice at Edge and well deserving of a first round pick.

cheese22

Reaction score
Watching his highlight tape on YT, he has a hard time bringing down ball carriers by himself. I'd be interested to see his missed tackles stats. It has to be a concern.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Run defense is overrated. If you can shut down QBs, you are worth the tradeoff.

Few teams run the ball well enough for that to matter, and most that do don't go far in the playoffs anyway.

Verse is a terror as a pass rusher, which is the reason you want him.
Not sure how you came to that determination.

There are running teams that did well this year. Like the 49ers.

Or the Chiefs who ran for 105 ypg during the regular season, and average 4.3ypc for 516 yards in the playoffs.

I still side with "Stop the run, force them to throw the ball" defense.