Jermichael Finley to visit Seahawks

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Largent80":qzht02rn said:
Prove it, so far he drops the ball, and that is proof.

He is a hand catcher.. Rarely relies on the body to snag passes.. I've seen a lot of packers games and I've wanted this guy for a while so I hope it goes down asap

Largent80

Reaction score
So, he catches with his hands, and is famous for dropping passes and you WANT him?

I want people that can actually haul it in. Bring this injury prone TE in and let the cream rise to the top.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 2m
With Jermichael Finley visiting Seahawks, note that Seattle team doc Stan Herring chairs NFL's head, neck and spine committee

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Largent80":8refe3dm said:
So, he catches with his hands, and is famous for dropping passes and you WANT him?

I want people that can actually haul it in. Bring this injury prone TE in and let the cream rise to the top.

Yes I want him.

I also agree with the cream rising to the top comment... He's going to be awesome for us and you'll be a happy camper

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Jermichael Finley ‏@JermichaelF88 Feb 17
260lbs w 10% Body Fat. #IWillRiseAgain

HHHTGT

Reaction score
I just don't see the point really. We already have a great catching TE we don't utilize, why bring in another with injury concerns?? Quite honestly, I'd be okay with us rolling out Willson, McCoy and a rookie/fa next season.. we just don't utilize the TE position in the passing game enough to warrant much else..

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HHHTGT":3osqazgn said:
I just don't see the point really. We already have a great catching TE we don't utilize, why bring in another with injury concerns??

$$$$$

Basis4day

Reaction score
HHHTGT":vfffni5h said:
I just don't see the point really. We already have a great catching TE we don't utilize, why bring in another with injury concerns?? Quite honestly, I'd be okay with us rolling out Willson, McCoy and a rookie/fa next season.. we just don't utilize the TE position in the passing game enough to warrant much else..

We utilized Miller plenty in 2012. I fully believe we would have again had it not been for the injuries all over the O-Line much of the year requiring Miller to block as much as he did.

The team has been in the hunt for a pass catching TE for the past couple of seasons.

McG

Reaction score
Finley was the guy when the Nike Jerseys were introduced in the NY event that was all over the Seahawks jerseys saying something like they were the best in the league. Hope he signs with us and is healthy sooner than later.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BlueBlood":8h0791cp said:
HHHTGT":8h0791cp said:

We have absolutely nobody on the level of Finley what are you smoking dude? >#

Not to say Miller is a better player than Finley, but Miller had more production than Finley while he was in Oakland. Finley had Aaron Rodgers. Miller had Jamarcus Russell.

Rat

Reaction score
Lukewarm on Finley. The talent is clearly there, but I've grown tired of hearing every year that this is the season he is going to explode. He shows flashes, but with all this alleged talent, he should have been a lot better when you consider the offense he was in, and who was passing him the ball. Now, he's coming off a horrific injury that nearly ended his career.

That being said, if he's willing to sign a modest 1-2 year deal, it'd be difficult to complain. Low-risk, high-reward.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the one positive on finely - his potential ceiling as a pass-catching TE is much much higher than whatever offer we would make him. But the chance that doesn't happen is pretty high too.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ErikG803":2dxlt6h0 said:
Not that it necessarily comes to this, but I'm in for signing Finley and cutting Miller if it means keeping Tate.
I really wouldn't count on keeping Tate. And IF okay Finley would be a great signing on a prove it contract.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Ugh, Finley? I have a hard time getting excited about ol' butterfingers. And then you consider that spat a couple years ago when he was badmouthing Rodgers' leadership skills and not getting him the ball enough.

HHHTGT

Reaction score
Willson is a perfectly capable pass catching TE already IN HOUSE. If we cut Miller, fine, I'm good with that. Run with Willson, McCoy and draft a TE or bring in someone other than Finley. I like his play, I just don't know how cheap he is going to be coming in. If it's a small year long prove it deal, good, otherwise, no thanks..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HHHTGT":1jhvgn5q said:

If we can sign Finley for less than Miller, than Miller is likely gone.

If they can get an established pass-catching TE for cheaper, then Miller isn't needed anymore at his current salary.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HHHTGT":29rvggro said:
Willson is a perfectly capable pass catching TE already IN HOUSE. If we cut Miller, fine, I'm good with that. Run with Willson, McCoy and draft a TE or bring in someone other than Finley. I like his play, I just don't know how cheap he is going to be coming in. If it's a small year long prove it deal, good, otherwise, no thanks..

It doesn't hurt to have another...and when healthy Finley is way better than Willson. Coming off an injury, I have no doubt it will be a cheap prove-it deal