Jermichael Finley wants to Sign with Seattle

Msfann

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like long ago and Pete was kind of a joke to a lot of people outside of Seattle. a lot has changed. keep winning and this could be a crazy fun run.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
I think Finley would want more money than we'd be willing to pay him. I'd rather see us spend a draft pick to get ASJ with another nice and cheap rookie contract.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":1ig31q1c said:
Must... wait... three more days... before... rosterbating...

Argh! I can't hold it in anymore. I think Jared Allen will be a Seahawk this March, and if the Steelers axe Troy Polamalu to get out of his $8.25 million cap hit, I think he'll be on the first flight to Seattle as well. Cleanup on aisle three!

Course, we are going to lose some guys. Rice and Clemons are obvious cap casualties, with Bryant and Miller being in play. I think Seattle will have the flexibility to go after some value free agents, and usually the best bang for the buck FAs are defensive players over 30. Finley though? It's cool that he wants to come here, but I don't think he really fits what the Seahawks do.
Why do this given we have better options in house? Though if the price is right....Finley would be a major get and the price will be reasonable if Green Bay decides to play hard ball ala Wes Welker.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
plyka":35ykg3h8 said:
Please bring me Finley on a platter. He is a TE on Graham's level. Same type of big, fast, great hands --almost a massive WR. I would rate him as Graham, Julius Thomas, Vernon Davis, Gronk, etc. --that type of TE. He is very good. His only downfall is that he is Percy Harvin like injury prone. But that may be good news, due to his injuries and thus his sub par production this year, he should come at a great deal like price.

What Jermichael Finley have you been watching lately? He's nowhere near the elite TE's.. the guy has hands like Jerramy Stevens used to have. The Graham comparison is incredibly off too.. Graham already has 1000 more yards in his career than Finley in 3 less seasons..

Bringing back McCoy and restructuring Miller would be a better option.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":oi3jgc6e said:
plyka":oi3jgc6e said:
Please bring me Finley on a platter. He is a TE on Graham's level. Same type of big, fast, great hands --almost a massive WR. I would rate him as Graham, Julius Thomas, Vernon Davis, Gronk, etc. --that type of TE. He is very good. His only downfall is that he is Percy Harvin like injury prone. But that may be good news, due to his injuries and thus his sub par production this year, he should come at a great deal like price.

What Jermichael Finley have you been watching lately? He's nowhere near the elite TE's.. the guy has hands like Jerramy Stevens used to have.

Keeping Willson and restructuring Miller would be a better option.

FTFY

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3tt0l5k3 said:
Hasselbeck":3tt0l5k3 said:
plyka":3tt0l5k3 said:

What Jermichael Finley have you been watching lately? He's nowhere near the elite TE's.. the guy has hands like Jerramy Stevens used to have.

Keeping Willson and restructuring Miller would be a better option.

FTFY

Luke is obviously not going anywhere.. and I wouldn't mind having McCoy back and letting Davis go. But I suppose the difference is pretty minor

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Used to like Finley a lot...not so much after all the abuse and injuries

el capitan

Reaction score
Who wouldn't want to play for the Hawks?

Great HC who has fun and runs his team like a college program.
Awesome training facilities at the VMAC.
Amazing home game experience at the Clink where we're almost unbeatable.
And to cap it off we've got the key players to be Superb owl contenders for another 5 years+

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Finley is good but please really...Do we need another injury prone player?Neck fusion is no joke,I don't want to see this guy play anymore ...Besides the neck he has had numerous head and back injuries..I'd rather draft a TE like the one from Notre Dame or UW...GO HAWKS!!!

kearly

Reaction score
nategreat":2jge7bvc said:
I'm curious as to what you think Polamalu's role would be, or what role he'd like to take, if he came here, what with ET and Kam and everything.

Big Nickle. After Jeron Johnson went down Seattle couldn't do their true big nickle defense. JJ has been just average in the NFL outside of the preseason anyway. Our depth at safety is lacking as well. Totally expect 1-2 moves at safety this offseason. And if Troy P. comes for a Winfield type pricetag, I think it's actually a pretty obvious move. Pete will move heaven and earth to get the players he loves, and there wasn't a player at USC he loved more than Polamalu.

Remember how Seattle's "amoeba" defense was a lot of fun early in 2010 and Lawyer Milloy was a terror? They've gone away from that recently because of personnel issues, but if Seattle added just one more very good safety they could be a lot more aggressive with DB blitzing.

In the 2012 draft Seattle had Mark Barron rated extremely highly on their draft board, tied with Bruce Irvin and Luke Kuechly. Mark Barron was a safety, both Kam and Earl were coming off pro-bowl seasons. There was a rumor about moving Kam to LB, but it's equally possible that Seattle was trying to load up with 3 elite safeties to perfect their big nickle defense. Seattle is constantly in nickle defense, it's just that personnel issues this season made them go with a 2 safety version.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
As a huge Vikings fan as well. I say...HEEEEEEECCCCK NOOOOO. Stay away from this guy. WAY to injury prone and just not worth it

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":3vxyd0u5 said:
nategreat":3vxyd0u5 said:
I'm curious as to what you think Polamalu's role would be, or what role he'd like to take, if he came here, what with ET and Kam and everything.

Big Nickle. After Jeron Johnson went down Seattle couldn't do their true big nickle defense. JJ has been just average in the NFL outside of the preseason anyway. Our depth at safety is lacking as well. Totally expect 1-2 moves at safety this offseason. And if Troy P. comes for a Winfield type pricetag, I think it's actually a pretty obvious move. Pete will move heaven and earth to get the players he loves, and there wasn't a player at USC he loved more than Polamalu.

Now THIS I could get behind. That would be one hell of a secondary

minormillikin

Reaction score
I think Finley is an awesome player. But we barely use the receiving TE we have now. And we have a good one.

fan4life

Reaction score
On local (Wisconsin) sports talk radio, hosts were discussing Finley's potential return. There's a general feeling here that the GB staff won't clear him to play following the single-fusion surgery on his C-3 and C-4 vertebrae. Of course Finley 'wants to play'. But, folks here aren't optimistic that he could/will ever be a game-changer again.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1p0e1s8o said:
kearly":1p0e1s8o said:
I think Jared Allen will be a Seahawk this March

Agreed.

Cheap veteran deal, a last dance for a ring.

And it'll be awesome.

i mentioned this in a previous off season thread. glad to hear im not a complete madden head and some knowledgeable folks think this too. i just think allen would be ultra motivated being a vet and sitting in that stink hole in minni for so long. plus i also think his personality would be great to add to the mix. what spot would he be taking, not sure if hes more clemmons or bennet???

i also hope he rocks his mullet, as thats a crucial piece to our d i think we are missing.

Penman96

Reaction score
Finley - Meh. If there is free agent money we have needs at OG. That being said...

Jared f-ing Allen - that would be excellent.

Our high priced free agents (AKA Wilson, Thomas, Bennett and Sherman) - I wonder how high priced they will be. They are great players but they are playing in a scheme and in an environment where they can really excel. I'm sure as individuals they must realize they have perfect conditions right here.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Msfann":37tla9dg said:
It doesn't seem like long ago and Pete was kind of a joke to a lot of people outside of Seattle. a lot has changed. Hawks WILL keep winning and this WILL be a crazy fun run.
FIFY......... :D

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Liked Finley a lot, but he is one hit past the "you shouldn't play anymore" level.

He would have to be REALLY clean medically, and even then he would be a lower priority for our cap space than retaining some of the other guys we already have.

Dude may play TE, but he is every bit the WR as well. In a perfect world, I would love to see it.

nategreat

Reaction score
kearly":l06cqmns said:
nategreat":l06cqmns said:

Remember how Seattle's "amoeba" defense was a lot of fun early in 2010 and Lawyer Milloy was a terror? They've gone away from that recently because of personnel issues, but if Seattle added just one more very good safety they could be a lot more aggressive with DB blitzing.

In the 2012 draft Seattle had Mark Barron rated extremely highly on their draft board, tied with Bruce Irvin and Luke Kuechly. Mark Barron was a safety, both Kam and Earl were coming off pro-bowl seasons. There was a rumor about moving Kam to LB, but it's equally possible that Seattle was trying to load up with 3 elite safeties to perfect their big nickle defense. Seattle is constantly in nickle defense, it's just that personnel issues this season made them go with a 2 safety version.

Well that would just be amazing, I love it! Here's hoping you're on to something! :thirishdrinkers:

Latest posts