Jesse Williams leaves field on a cart.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3a03trq3 said:
JaiSeaSea":3a03trq3 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3a03trq3 said:
Wow, I don't know how some of you can look at yourselves in the mirror and call yourselves fans.

No respect for some these players who are giving everything they have to make it in this league.

Its unfortunante what happened to Williams, just let it be, I don't know why some of you people are just so compelled to be a douche about it.

I look myself in the mirror just fine. I have my opinions just like you. Who the hell are you to question fandom? Maybe people get tired of hearing about the same people constantly having the same types of issues. It doesnt matter how much they give, if they cant cut it next man up.

It's not a question of "fandom". Whatever the hell that is. It's having a little respect for players who get hurt. Most of you who take the players out like garbage never played the game. The closest you come to understanding what they go through is when your thumbs get tired playing Madden.

Show a little respect for injured players.

And to all the smart guys who knew he would get injured. Go ahead and pat yourselves on the back.

Well said. Pretty much how I see it as well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ah, the whining from some people reminds me so much of this time last year with Percy...

I can only hope Jesse Williams comes back and shuts them up like Percy did in the Super Bowl. I'm with Pandion on this one. Some of you are acting like Joffrey from Game of Thrones.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2s4y47k8 said:
Ah, the whining from some people reminds me so much of this time last year with Percy...

I can only hope Jesse Williams comes back and shuts them up like Percy did in the Super Bowl. I'm with Pandion on this one. Some of you are acting like Joffrey from Game of Thrones.

Hating to say this; but I agree with Roland. (Like I know who Joffrey is?)

IMHO: JW would have had a tough time making this team, anyway.

IronSaint

Reaction score
Dang, again? I'm a big Jesse fan. I loved watching him at his time at Alabama. Terribly unfortunate for him. :(

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3skdc337 said:
Hating to say this; but I agree with Roland. (Like I know who Joffrey is?)

He's a prince in the show, and this pretty much sums him up...Except he's also incredibly cruel. (No spoilers in it, should you ever want to watch the show.)

[youtube]xfyNF7v9C-I[/youtube]

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1icy9193 said:
JaiSeaSea":1icy9193 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1icy9193 said:
Wow, I don't know how some of you can look at yourselves in the mirror and call yourselves fans.

No respect for some these players who are giving everything they have to make it in this league.

Its unfortunante what happened to Williams, just let it be, I don't know why some of you people are just so compelled to be a douche about it.

I look myself in the mirror just fine. I have my opinions just like you. Who the hell are you to question fandom? Maybe people get tired of hearing about the same people constantly having the same types of issues. It doesnt matter how much they give, if they cant cut it next man up.

It's not a question of "fandom". Whatever the hell that is. It's having a little respect for players who get hurt. Most of you who take the players out like garbage never played the game. The closest you come to understanding what they go through is when your thumbs get tired playing Madden.

Show a little respect for injured players.

And to all the smart guys who knew he would get injured. Go ahead and pat yourselves on the back.

You're making assumptions. You have no idea if or at what level I have played. I only got to play for 10 years ending in my senior year in high school. I wasn't good enough to start on a college team.

I respect what these guys go through. I respect that they play their hearts out. The problem is, there is no reason to keep wondering the possibilities of what could have been if the player can't stay his ass on the field just because he happens to work hard. Like everyone says when an injured player can't play, a good player has left the team, or one holds out, "NEXT MAN UP". I hope he does come back from whatever injury this might be, exactly and tears the opponents up, but it isn't looking like this is going to be the case.

OH and btw, you know exactly wtf I meant by fandom, smart guy.

bigcc

Reaction score
He fell to the 5th round because of concerns like this, it was half expected. Of course I rooted for him to be the next great late pick but we can't throw a strike every pitch.

In all honesty I think Hill sustaining another injury would in the long term hurt the team much more, neither of which we saw much of last year.

Way I see it is with the two big injuries (McCoy/Williams) we haven't REALLY lost anything, as they were a non-issue last year and not even remotely close to heavily expected to be relied on THIS season.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Jesse Williams' plight reminds me a lot of Marcus Tubbs a few years back. Would have been a helluva run stopper if he could have stayed on the field.

bigcc

Reaction score
RiverDog":1nvisuee said:
Jesse Williams' plight reminds me a lot of Marcus Tubbs a few years back. Would have been a helluva run stopper if he could have stayed on the field.

Tubbs was expected to be relied upon as a 1st round pick, and proved he had the talent at the NFL level before it became too much..... two COMPLETELY opposite situations.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Besides Tubbs has played in NFL regular season games and made impact. He was the best interior DL on 2005-06 SB team. Can't say that about Jesse Williams yet.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Do we know what happened, yet? Seems like season ending injuries are diagnosed quickly, so no news might be good news

seabowl

Reaction score
He's an egg on stilts. Has a huge upper body with twigs for legs. Not a good combo for physical duty. So much for Tha Monsta

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
This is the same monster who blew his knee out last yr. training camp, right? Wasn't he a rook then? WTF we've never even seen him play so it don't much matter to me. Looks to me like he's headed for the scrap heap. Too bad for such a young fella'

HawkWow

Reaction score
You bet...I have high hopes for the big guy.

Did I hear he's one of the strongest players in the league? Anyone else recall this?