Jets to release Harvin

ihawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3gapzbag said:
MizzouHawkGal":3gapzbag said:
The offseason isn't starting off well for us it seems. What a waste of talent Harvin is.
Yeah, but now hopefully we can turn the final page and close the book. Terrible deal, but sometimes tish happens. I can't help but wonder how we'd look with that extra 1st and 3rd. Sigh.

Take that 1st back in the '13 draft and pick DeAndre Hopkins. Think we'd all be ok with that.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2orb6k0x said:
Imagine having Harvin and Marshall in the same locker room :snack:

Well I know if Harvin got chippy, Marshall has size and a ton of reach on him. Game on ! :thfight7:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
ihawk":2537nlar said:
MysterMatt":2537nlar said:
MizzouHawkGal":2537nlar said:
The offseason isn't starting off well for us it seems. What a waste of talent Harvin is.
Yeah, but now hopefully we can turn the final page and close the book. Terrible deal, but sometimes tish happens. I can't help but wonder how we'd look with that extra 1st and 3rd. Sigh.

Take that 1st back in the '13 draft and pick DeAndre Hopkins. Think we'd all be ok with that.
Take WR Charles Johnson (who was taken in the 7th by GBay and now "the best WR on the roster" in Minnesota) and I'd think we'd all be ok with that as well.

I haven't really had any feelings about the PH fiasco since the trade went down and "friends" here in Central Florida told me how "stupid" the Seahawks are. smh. Of course, the truth came out.

Here's where I'm at with this. I am still holding out hope for that 4th round pick / for the Jets to try to keep hold of Harvin. It is just speculation at this point that he will be released before the deadline (19th?) The higher of the two picks would be some justice.

Trading a cancer to the team is fine, but the Seahawks should have got way more than a measly 6th round pick. Better at least be a high 6th round pick. Trading Harvin, knowing the circumstances, was fine. And yes, it apparently brought the team back together for another run. But, that still doesn't dismiss trade value. The compensation was simply unacceptable. "Fleeced" by Minnesota is a monumental understatement. Yeah, I know he took one to the house in the Super Bowl. But, the Hawks were killing the Broncos long before that.

Again, I haven't really given any thought to all this since the Seahawks got healthy and went on the run to the Super Bowl. But, now that the book on this is about to get closed, I would be lying to say that it doesn't make my blood boil. Nothing we can do about it. But, I can't believe there wasn't a better trade offer than this conditional pick garbage deal.

I'm upset just like the rest of us about how the Super Bowl ended. One thing winning would have done (even as a side note) wouldn't pretty much put to bed any more possible smack talk about the PH trade. Just wait... you'll probably hear that (if you haven't already) from some knucklehead. "Only if the Hawks would have had... "

Rant over. I'll take a chill pill now.

kearly

Reaction score
As long as Harvin doesn't end up on the Patriots or in the NFC West, I'm not bothered by this.

Sucks missing out on Marshall though.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
titan3131":33bpw389 said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477014/article/percy-harvin-unaffected-by-brandon-marshall-to-jets

^ title im keeping my fingers crossed!

Deceptive title with a question mark at the end to generate clicks. Rapaport's point, and the point throughout the article, was because of his salary Harvin would have been cut because he wont restructure regardless of Brandon Marshall.

And why would he restructure when he's on am awful team without a QB and can go on the open market where here already knows the Super Bowl champs want him?

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":1qop8rdw said:
As long as Harvin doesn't end up on the Patriots or in the NFC West, I'm not bothered by this.

I think he's gonna end up on the Pats.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Seeing Harvin in a Raider's uniform would be fitting. A phenomenal misfit playing for a dismal misfit of a franchise. I kind of like the Raiders for their "bad news bears" history though. I don't know if they can afford the locker room distraction.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
LETS BRING PERCY BACK! I want to wear my Percy jersey again!

I'd welcome him back with open arms.......NOT!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":2x62magj said:

Why? Given New England would probably be one of the few teams that might be able to utilize him without completely destroying their offense. Also there is no way Arizona would be interested, San Francisco doesn't need his type of game and St. Louis already has Austin for their scatback type.

mikeak

Reaction score
kearly":31pa1h6e said:

All of the above would allow us to see Seahawks players knock him senseless.... I would kind of like that. Yes counting on a re-match against NE

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/575287080563163136[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/575288804749213696[/tweet]

Latest posts