Jimmy Glass' thumb bone chipped, torn ligament

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":176gata8 said:
NINEster":176gata8 said:
SantaClaraHawk":176gata8 said:
If the kid doesn't beat both Texans and Rams, the 49ers playoff hopes are history. Right before they're supposed to anoint Lance. Who could be a 6-11 for them given what we've seen of him. Just like every first rounder not named Mac Jones.

That was stupid not to pick Jones, right?[/quote]

Guaranteed if the Niners had picked Jones, it would have been nonstop Jimmy G 2.0 clone comments in here. The only upside would have been youth and cap space. Then the narrative here would have been "Shanahan better win quick before he becomes expensive, and then the game manager will be limiting". :roll:

Let me ask you, who is the better QB, Geno Smith or Jimmy Garoppolo? Serious question.

Next year when Garoppolo is somewhere else, probably in a good situation and playing well, he will somehow someway magically be "good" in the eyes of many on here. :roll:

Bottom line is Mac Jones isn't Joe Burrow or Justin Herbert, and never will be. Lance has a possible chance of being someone special based on the physical traits. You draft for that possibility, you don't draft scared. This is the modern NFL we're talking about, built for the Mahomes, Watson types.

49er fans after the Kaepernick experience are cautiously optimistic about every QB who enters the building. Very few homers that are so certain he's gonna be in the Hall of Fame.

Try to look at the kid with some level of objectivity.
That’s funny, because a lot of your peeps over on the denial zone were already fitting Jimmy Glass for his HOF jacket after a few games. One Niner poster here claimed he had “NO fatal flaws as a QB”.

Selective memory must be a wonderful thing.

Always cracks me up how you have to resort to an entirely different group of people on a different website is the only argument you can make. It's as if fans of EVERY team don't get overhyped.

Did anyone here say that?

If not, who cares. Would be nice to have the points we actually make here be the ones that get argued.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
9er4life":4lic4fzy said:
Sports Hernia":4lic4fzy said:
NINEster":4lic4fzy said:
SantaClaraHawk":4lic4fzy said:
If the kid doesn't beat both Texans and Rams, the 49ers playoff hopes are history. Right before they're supposed to anoint Lance. Who could be a 6-11 for them given what we've seen of him. Just like every first rounder not named Mac Jones.

Guaranteed if the Niners had picked Jones, it would have been nonstop Jimmy G 2.0 clone comments in here. The only upside would have been youth and cap space. Then the narrative here would have been "Shanahan better win quick before he becomes expensive, and then the game manager will be limiting". :roll:

Let me ask you, who is the better QB, Geno Smith or Jimmy Garoppolo? Serious question.

Next year when Garoppolo is somewhere else, probably in a good situation and playing well, he will somehow someway magically be "good" in the eyes of many on here. :roll:

Bottom line is Mac Jones isn't Joe Burrow or Justin Herbert, and never will be. Lance has a possible chance of being someone special based on the physical traits. You draft for that possibility, you don't draft scared. This is the modern NFL we're talking about, built for the Mahomes, Watson types.

49er fans after the Kaepernick experience are cautiously optimistic about every QB who enters the building. Very few homers that are so certain he's gonna be in the Hall of Fame.

That’s funny, because a lot of your peeps over on the denial zone were already fitting Jimmy Glass for his HOF jacket after a few games. One Niner poster here claimed he had “NO fatal flaws as a QB”.

Better than idiots of 6-10 team celebrating a 50 burger on a 2 win team playing with 3rd string QB.
Link me to a post where I was celebrating scoring 50 on the worst team in football.
I’ll wait……… I put zero stock in today’s game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3o8a8daz said:
Sports Hernia":3o8a8daz said:
NINEster":3o8a8daz said:
SantaClaraHawk":3o8a8daz said:

Always cracks me up how you have to resort to an entirely different group of people on a different website is the only argument you can make. It's as if fans of EVERY team don't get overhyped.

If not, who cares. Would be nice to have the points we actually make here be the ones that get argued.

I expected you to white knight for your peeps there, you didn’t disappoint.
Also I pointed out another one of your peeps HERE said Jimmy Glass “had no fatal flaws”.

9er4life

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":9x2o65om said:
9er4life":9x2o65om said:
Sports Hernia":9x2o65om said:

Better than idiots of 6-10 team celebrating a 50 burger on a 2 win team playing with 3rd string QB.
Link me to a post where I was celebrating scoring 50 on the worst team in football.
I’ll wait……… I put zero stock in today’s game.

Didn't say you personally as did you in your post.

You generalized, I did the same.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3d4ra4cu said:
Marvin49":3d4ra4cu said:
Sports Hernia":3d4ra4cu said:

Also I pointed out another one of your peeps HERE said Jimmy Glass “had no fatal flaws”.

um...what?

Saying the comments you were referring to happened on another site is being a "white night"? uh, no.

All I'm asking is that if you are gonna comment on something, quote the people you are actually speaking with, not other posters. I'll always back what I say or admit I was wrong. I don't need to stand up for other posters regardless of what team they happen to be a fan of.

In fact there have been 49er fans on THIS board that I have on my ignore list.

Nonsense is nonsense regardless of which fanbase posts it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3214m3cv said:
Sports Hernia":3214m3cv said:
Marvin49":3214m3cv said:
Sports Hernia":3214m3cv said:

um...what?

Saying the comments you were referring to happened on another site is being a "white night"? uh, no.

All I'm asking is that if you are gonna comment on something, quote the people you are actually speaking with, not other posters. I'll always back what I say or admit I was wrong. I don't need to stand up for other posters regardless of what team they happen to be a fan of.

I would love to see where you admitted where you were wrong.
I don’t ever recall that happening here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35fgwxes said:
Marvin49":35fgwxes said:
Sports Hernia":35fgwxes said:
Marvin49":35fgwxes said:

um...what?

Seriously?

1) I was wrong about Kap
2) I was wrong about Harbaugh
3) I was wrong about Deebo (never down on him...I just liked AJ Brown better)

There are alot more.

What was I right about?

1) Jimmy Graham
2) Percy Harvin
3) Jamal Adams (tho jury might be out on that one...I'm pretty confident)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3j26tj8p said:
Sports Hernia":3j26tj8p said:
Marvin49":3j26tj8p said:
Sports Hernia":3j26tj8p said:

um...what?

Seriously?

1) I was wrong about Kap
2) I was wrong about Harbaugh
3) I was wrong about Deebo (never down on him...I just liked AJ Brown better)

There are alot more.

What was I right about?

1) Jimmy Graham
2) Percy Harvin
3) Jamal Adams (tho jury might be out on that one...I'm pretty confident)
Good for you Marvin, seriously. I never thought you’d get to the point where you’d admit to being wrong about the Kraepper or Harbaugh without a pre-amble.

I have to give you credit. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Kaep/Harbaugh situation has portents for our own rebuild.

Jed York outright fired Harbs at the end of 2014. Jed/Baalke went on to hire the inept Jim Tomsula rather than Fangio, who is still coaching. A year of Chip Kelly followed with a rotating QB stable--Hoyer, Bortles, I don't remember who else. But then they got KS/JL along with Jimmy G, entering into a four year stretch of football their fans are faithful for including a SB appearance.

It took three years. And now, KS/JL will have at least one more year, possibly two, to prove it with the Lance decision.

Three years is not that bad relative to Jets, Lions and Jacksonville. As far as coach/gm survivability, they have done better than most.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":19x30lem said:
The Kaep/Harbaugh situation has portents for our own rebuild.

Jed York outright fired Harbs at the end of 2014. Jed/Baalke went on to hire the inept Jim Tomsula rather than Fangio, who is still coaching. A year of Chip Kelly followed with a rotating QB stable--Hoyer, Bortles, I don't remember who else. But then they got KS/JL along with Jimmy G, entering into a four year stretch of football their fans are faithful for including a SB appearance.

It took three years. And now, KS/JL will have at least one more year, possibly two, to prove it with the Lance decision.

Three years is not that bad relative to Jets, Lions and Jacksonville. As far as coach/gm survivability, they have done better than most.

Honestly, I think its all about Wilson and what happens with him.

Sometimes, teams who have had a great QB for a long period of time tend to forget what it was like when they didn't and how hard it is to find one of those guys.

Not to say Trey lance is one of those guys because we are miles away from finding that out, but that's why you use three first round picks on a guy if you think there is a chance he CAN be one of those guys.

That's why I took issue with the Graham, Harvin, and Adams trades. All three were great players that I hate having to face as a division rival, but none of them IMO were worth the price. Time will tell on Lance.

Anyway, my point is that a great QB following up another great QBs is something that is RARE. Joe Montana/Steve Young? Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers? I'm sure there are more.

When Wilson leaves tho it may be quite some time before you guys see great QB play again.

snackdaddy

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":22e767zq said:

That was stupid not to pick Jones, right?

That could come back to haunt them. I think they panicked when the Rams traded for Stafford. Thought they could take a page from Rams GM Les Snead's playbook. The difference is, the Rams acquired a proven talent. The 49ers picked a kid who didn't play his last season in college. When he did play it was for a smaller school. They woulda had all their picks and the better quarterback if they stood pat. Gives me the warm and fuzzies all over. 8)

flv

Reaction score
Ironically Garoppolo played more games in the 2021 season than Wilson did, and he also played better.

olyfan63

Reaction score
flv":1yzoxdrn said:
Ironically Garoppolo played more games in the 2021 season than Wilson did, and he also played better.
I was surprised to see JimmyG under center today, thought it was going to be the Trey Lance show. I confess I don't follow Niners that closely to know day-to-day player injury availability status.

Jimmy G... has no fatal flaws... except for the occasional game-losing brain fart interception, that is.

JimmyG vs Wilson... sounds like a separate thread if someone wants to start it. Not of much interest to me personally.
Who prefers apples and who prefers oranges?

flv

Reaction score
olyfan63":1vvxu2bv said:
I was surprised to see JimmyG under center today, thought it was going to be the Trey Lance show. I confess I don't follow Niners that closely to know day-to-day player injury availability status.

Jimmy G... has no fatal flaws... except for the occasional game-losing brain fart interception, that is.

JimmyG vs Wilson... sounds like a separate thread if someone wants to start it. Not of much interest to me personally.
Who prefers apples and who prefers oranges?
I would have been happier if Lance had played today. Garoppolo has flaws but he's still a quality QB. He also has a 1.000 record when he plays against the Rams. Wilson was an exceptional QB. He's had a poor year. Physically he may be declining but he's still a high quality QB. I hope he's healthy and on form next season. I'd like to see both QBs back with their respective teams next year. Game on.