Jimmy Graham to seattle? ESPN believes it is possible...

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Throwdown":2i0p17g6 said:
Took his ass off the field for running plays as well.

This is the guy some of y'all want?

You are assuming that he would be used like Zach Miller which is not the case at all. He wouldn't be a replacement for Zach Miller or any of the blocking TEs. He would be a receiving weapon first and foremost.

Jimmy Graham is a top 10 receiver in the NFL. To say you wouldn't want that on your team is crazy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":ynwxwqj6 said:
Jimmy Graham is a top 10 receiver in the NFL. To say you wouldn't want that on your team is crazy.

What about when he drops half his passes and is worthless in 6 of the 16 games every year because of the other punishing defenses in the NFC West? :)

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":vl4gnt01 said:
Throwdown":vl4gnt01 said:

You are assuming that he would be used like Zach Miller which is not the case at all. He wouldn't be a replacement for Zach Miller or any of the blocking TEs. He would be a receiving weapon first and foremost.

Everyone wants him on their team. But not for two first round picks and what will probably be the biggest contract ever for a TE, especially with the guys we need to re-sign.

Throwdown

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":14toytts said:
fridayfrenzy":14toytts said:
Throwdown":14toytts said:

Everyone wants him on their team. But not for two first round picks and what will probably be the biggest contract ever for a TE, especially with the guys we need to re-sign.

This, I take Sherman, Thomas, and Wilson over this dude 100x out of 100

Scottemojo

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1j8cm32f said:
Throwdown":1j8cm32f said:

To want him for two first rounders plus what it would cost to sign him in addition to the fact he would getting bank to not be on the field half the time sounds a little crazy as well.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":39zu8n3s said:
fridayfrenzy":39zu8n3s said:
Throwdown":39zu8n3s said:

I agree WHOLE HEARTEDLY but the majority of posts are trying to say Jimmy Graham is overrated, not good because he does not block, drops passes, etc.. Just trying to clear the air that Jimmy Graham is actually very very good and although he is "called" a TE, he is just a big WR and will get paid like a one.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1cz8xc9w said:
fridayfrenzy":1cz8xc9w said:
Throwdown":1cz8xc9w said:

To want him for two first rounders plus what it would cost to sign him in addition to the fact he would getting bank to not be on the field half the time sounds a little crazy as well.

Why wouldn't he be on the field? He could just line up out wide instead of as an inline blocker. You'd still have a blocking TE on the field at the same time.

You realize if Michael Bennett is re-signed that he will make major bank for not being on the field at all times as well, right?

Dtowers

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2ewp74lg said:
AbsolutNET":2ewp74lg said:
fridayfrenzy":2ewp74lg said:
Throwdown":2ewp74lg said:

I agree ho-heartedly but the majority of posts are trying to say Jimmy Graham is overrated, not good because he does not block, drops passes, etc.. Just trying to clear the air that Jimmy Graham is actually very very good and although he is "called" a TE, he is just a big WR and will get paid like a one.

oh man lmfao :2:

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
We're no longer a Holmgren-era finesse team. We don't need another "soft" tight end.

Something about that last statement just didn't sound right....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":yj0bwd7h said:
Scottemojo":yj0bwd7h said:
fridayfrenzy":yj0bwd7h said:
Throwdown":yj0bwd7h said:

Why wouldn't he be on the field? He could just line up out wide instead of as an inline blocker. You'd still have a blocking TE on the field at the same time.

You realize if Michael Bennett is re-signed that he will make major bank for not being on the field at all times as well, right?

Yes. I am aware. Bennett is not going to cost two first rounders though.

Clearly, you like Jimmy Graham. I don't. I think he is a goal post dunking while two scores down doofus, who is a crap blocker not because he is incapable, but because he simply does not want to. Speaking of which, Seattle expects max effort from it's WR in blocking, even the little ones.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dce6xkb said:
According to RolandDeschain's Stats & Information, Graham blocked like a tight end zero times in 2013.
LMAO! Post of the month right there! :th2thumbs:

drdiags

Reaction score
I wouldn't want this to happen, but I thought the Harvin trade talk last year was a joke. No way the team gives up a 1st plus to get a player that seemed like a head case and coach killer.

I am not sure what the team's long range view of things are. Could they be moving toward a more dynamic offense for post-Lynch days? If the rumor about possibly cutting Miller comes true, I could see the Seahawks making this move. For them to even be contemplating cutting Miller has me confused unless they think a Brandon Myers-type can come in and take Miller's role in the current offense.

I do not understand the thinking of the FO, they fool me every time. ESPN, NFLN and other national guys could just be repeating the same gossip but there is smoke about a couple teams in the lower end of the draft putting together deals for Graham. I do not put anything past the Seahawks. It would make no sense but that hasn't stopped them in the past.

If the team doesn't bring back McCoy or sign Meyers from the Raiders, maybe they expand on the Bailey role to replace the in-line blocking Miller provides? Definitely will be a tell though since Bailey wouldn't be out there for catching a pass. If Miller is cut to go along with the Rice cut, there is more than enough money to pay Graham what he wants. The team has shown it will pay a premium to players outside its own core with contracts signed by Rice, Miller and Harvin.

I hope the team doesn't go this route, I think it doesn't match the team they are currently (offensively) but I wouldn't rule out anything.