Jimmy Graham to seattle? ESPN believes it is possible...

Sac

Reaction score
chris98251":2cts01bx said:
We have a Jimmy, it's just he spells it Willson and is only going to get better, also he can block a little and knows which sideline his team is on.

Who?

minormillikin

Reaction score
We picked up one of the top pass-catching TEs in the NFL a couple years ago, only to doom him to obscurity (because passing to TEs is low on our list of offensive priorities, plus the run-first aspect).

So perhaps we should pick up Jimmy Graham as a cruel joke on Jimmy Graham.

davidonmi

Reaction score
2 1st rounders for a TE who doesn't block and would cost a pretty hefty salary? No, just no

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Oh hell no.. He might have some swagger but he doesn't have the jewels to be a Seahawk.

I would want Miller to stay over him and give me some ASF plus a returning McCoy+Willson.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Throwdown":1z7imfnx said:
To be honest if TE was something they were looking at, I'd take ASJ over Graham no question. Some might think it's the UW homer in me, but I want a guy who can do it all and not just play receiver at TE.

Yes.. it's definitely the UW homer in you. ;)

If you bring on Jimmy Graham you're only doing it to add one of the most dynamic weapons in the passing game in the league. But as Rob stated in his article, since we're more run centric than any other team in the league save for San Francisco.. the cost to add him would be way too much. He basically wants Percy Harvin money .. and if we're dishing out that salary + draft compensation I'd much rather add a Josh Gordon than a Jimmy Graham.

CANHawk":1z7imfnx said:
Lol. How bout no? I'm Jimmy sucks and might be one of the most overrated players ever.

Hardly overrated. He has more receiving TD's in the last 3 years than anyone. It's just that our defense knows exactly how to shut down athletic TE's. The same defense made Drew Brees and Peyton Manning look like rookies.. think about it.

Just because Jimmy Graham doesn't fit our offense, doesn't mean he's overrated.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CANHawk":2bi3z7ar said:
Lol. How bout no? I'm Jimmy sucks and might be one of the most overrated players ever.

He's not overrated, but his stats are inflated............hey that rhymed.

He plays in a offense that throws the ball 50 times a game, so to say he'd even come close to that production here is ridiculous. Add in the fact that he's soft and can't block 50% as well as Miller, and the answer to this thread is a resounding NO.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Throwdown":12ghyl1l said:
To be honest if TE was something they were looking at, I'd take ASJ over Graham no question. Some might think it's the UW homer in me, but I want a guy who can do it all and not just play receiver at TE.
What?
I'm a uw homer too but really?
Now I would take a cheap asj with 2 first rounders over an expensive graham without the picks. However as a player it's not even a devate. Graham caught 16 td's last year. ASJ hasn't played an nfl snap yet, and vas issues with laziness and weight. Jimmy graham is the premier pass catching te in football lets be real

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
It seems like many on this board are oblivious to Jimmy Graham's dominance the past few years.

If Jimmy Graham was on the Seahawks, this board would be melting that the FO didn't give him the exclusive franchise tag.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1taw3ocy said:
It seems like many on this board are oblivious to Jimmy Graham's dominance the past few years.

But he wouldn't be "dominant" on this team. A team that runs over 50% of the time. In fact, it would be a huge mistake to pay a player like Graham all that money to come here to not block well.

You can't plug players into any team and expect the same production, you have to take into account many other factors.........and in Graham's case it's just not a good fit here for what he makes.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2av8ek1v said:
fridayfrenzy":2av8ek1v said:

But he wouldn't be "dominant" on this team. A team that runs over 50% of the time. In fact, it would be a huge mistake to pay a player like Graham all that money to come here to not block well.

You can't plug players into any team and expect the same production, you have to take into account many other factors.........and in Graham's case it's just not a good fit here for what he makes.
Jimmy Graham is really just a big WR, something Seattle desperately needs. Coaches are looking for mismatches. It is why Harvin was brought to Seattle. He is a match-up nightmare for defenses. Jimmy Graham is just as much, maybe if not more of a match-up nightmare than Harvin.

The TE is just his "positional status". Don't get caught up in him being named a TE. You will probably see Jimmy Graham's camp fight for a WR franchise designation based on him lining up outside more than on the line.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":33hobevy said:
Sgt. Largent":33hobevy said:
fridayfrenzy":33hobevy said:

Jimmy Graham is really just a big WR, something Seattle desperately needs. Coaches are looking for mismatches. It is why Harvin was brought to Seattle. He is a match-up nightmare for defenses. Jimmy Graham is just as much, maybe if not more of a match-up nightmare than Harvin.

The TE is just his "positional status". Don't get caught up in him being named a TE. You will probably see Jimmy Graham's camp fight for a WR franchise designation based on him lining up outside more than on the line.

Too late. NFL designated him as a TE

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1s8vhl2u said:
Too late. NFL designated him as a TE

That was a given.

I am expecting that Jimmy Graham's camp will file a grievance on his position. Terrell Suggs was franchised as a LB a number of years ago and they filed a grievance of being a DE based on him lining up on the LOS with his hand in the dirt more often than not. They split the difference. I am assuming you will see something similar in this instance if they can not work out a long-term deal.

The difference between a TE tag and WR tag is 5 million dollars. You'll see Graham fight for more money. The stats are on Graham's side.

"According to ESPN Stats & Information, Graham lined up as a receiver on 67 percent of his snaps in 2013 (45 percent in the slot, 22 percent out wide, 33 percent as an in-line tight end)."

Throwdown

Reaction score
Took his ass off the field for running plays as well.

This is the guy some of y'all want?