Jimmy Graham to seattle? ESPN believes it is possible...

lukerguy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1sgufucp said:
SalishHawkFan":1sgufucp said:
ESPN believes it's possible because ESPN is full of Hawk haters and east coast biased morons that haven't got a freaking clue.

Yeah that's what it is. :roll:

This conversation's over anyway, Graham was just franchised.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... n-contract

Not exactly. This article was posted 2 days ago- sporting news has mixed up their verbiage; he was transition tagged which means you can pay 2 1sts to sign to an offer sheet. I believe the opposing team still has an opportunity to match.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Not after all that "I'm Jimmy" stuff. I don't think it would work out well in the locker room.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m
Jimmy Graham was officially franchise tagged as a tight end. Not a surprise. But sets the stage for a battle.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
lukerguy":rckx4pb2 said:
Sgt. Largent":rckx4pb2 said:
SalishHawkFan":rckx4pb2 said:
ESPN believes it's possible because ESPN is full of Hawk haters and east coast biased morons that haven't got a freaking clue.

Not exactly. This article was posted 2 days ago- sporting news has mixed up their verbiage; he was transition tagged which means you can pay 2 1sts to sign to an offer sheet. I believe the opposing team still has an opportunity to match.

Edit: Removed dumb joke.

Transition tag means no picks. Jimmy got the non-exclusionary franchise tag.

lukerguy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2m2m9gmh said:
Jimmy Graham was officially franchise tagged as a tight end. Not a surprise. But sets the stage for a battle.

How not to disenfranchise your 2nd best player... No wonder so many players are jaded against the league. I'm glad we have an organization that truly respects the players.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bigcc":1sigak61 said:
grab ASJ at 32 for 1/16th the price, keep an extra first rounder in the process. Not comparing ASJ to Graham, but dudes solid in the red zone, and thats all we really need him for..... The two 1sts for Graham I'd do in a heartbeat..... just not for his price.

This (but everyone knew I'd say that).

The upside (which is a word too frequently used) for ASJ is absolutely huge, IMO. He can achieve every component that makes Graham special, while offering blocking as well.

I'm not going to seize this opportunity to rag on Sark, but I will say that I don't think we've seen the best of ASJ. I think better coaching and a team around him that demands performance is going to send him through the roof. Sure, I'm a homer, but I've always been able to put that aside when contemplating a lyer for our Hawks.

There are several in here that don't think ASJ is all that. But for the most part, I've not heard their reasons for why they think he is not worthy of 1st rd pick. I hear "he's slow". He's not slow and reports are that he's dropped some weight to improve his speed. Unsure if we will value speed over weight, but PC will have that answer. "He's unmotivated". That is too subjective for me to even consider...let alone feel it could be a problem. "He disappears in games". Again, rather subjective because of the new offense and him missing some camp..plus, he did have a few dings.

I would love to see ASJ spend a season with Miller. I sincerely believe the result could be something akin to Frankenstein. With Miller's discipline, blocking and knowledge of the game added to the freak skillset of ASJ, I have no doubt ASJ wlll ultimately be the best TE this team has ever known. YMMV.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lukerguy":1lbyteza said:
Sgt. Largent":1lbyteza said:
SalishHawkFan":1lbyteza said:

I know. IMO this makes the deal even worse. Not only would we have to give up two 1st rounders, but then he's now our headache to try and sign to a long term deal.

A deal that even with the increased cap space in the future would be better spent elsewhere. Especially considering we're going to have to spend well north of 40M yr just on Wilson, Sherm and ET.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":k3clafxy said:

Man that just seems so arbitrary. I don't really give a rats' ass about Graham, but if he takes the majority of snaps at WR, why is he a TE? Because he was drafted as a TE? I honestly don't know but I think Graham has a legitimate complaint and I see a situation here for Nawlins, unless they want the draft picks more than they want Graham. Locking up a player that (now) doesn't want to play for your team? I think Graham has likely played his last down as a Saint.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lukerguy":2an8rs0h said:
Sgt. Largent":2an8rs0h said:
SalishHawkFan":2an8rs0h said:

He wasn't transition tagged.. he was given a non-exclusive rights franchise tender.. meaning a team can sign him and give up 2 1st round picks as compensation. If they tagged him with the exclusive rights tender, it would have been $2M more and no one but the Saints could attempt to sign him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b1z5kde said:
He hasn't been designated anything yet because it's up to an NFL council not the team. All that has happened so far is that he has been given the nonexclusive franchise tag.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3mpbc4mm said:
RolandDeschain":3mpbc4mm said:
He hasn't been designated anything yet because it's up to an NFL council not the team. All that has happened so far is that he has been given the nonexclusive franchise tag.
I was just posting a Tweet. Geez, tough crowd! :)

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
HawkWow":3h9ov39f said:
bigcc":3h9ov39f said:
grab ASJ at 32 for 1/16th the price, keep an extra first rounder in the process. Not comparing ASJ to Graham, but dudes solid in the red zone, and thats all we really need him for..... The two 1sts for Graham I'd do in a heartbeat..... just not for his price.

This (but everyone knew I'd say that).

The upside (which is a word too frequently used) for ASJ is absolutely huge, IMO. He can achieve every component that makes Graham special, while offering blocking as well.

I'm not going to seize this opportunity to rag on Sark, but I will say that I don't think we've seen the best of ASJ. I think better coaching and a team around him that demands performance is going to send him through the roof. Sure, I'm a homer, but I've always been able to put that aside when contemplating a lyer for our Hawks.

There are several in here that don't think ASJ is all that. But for the most part, I've not heard their reasons for why they think he is not worthy of 1st rd pick. I hear "he's slow". He's not slow and reports are that he's dropped some weight to improve his speed. Unsure if we will value speed over weight, but PC will have that answer. "He's unmotivated". That is too subjective for me to even consider...let alone feel it could be a problem. "He disappears in games". Again, rather subjective because of the new offense and him missing some camp..plus, he did have a few dings.

I would love to see ASJ spend a season with Miller. I sincerely believe the result could be something akin to Frankenstein. With Miller's discipline, blocking and knowledge of the game added to the freak skillset of ASJ, I have no doubt ASJ wlll ultimately be the best TE this team has ever known. YMMV.
I've watched every game of ASJ's career as a Dawg and I really don't know what to make of him (something that doesn't usually happen with me, especially with Husky players). I could see his career path going any number of ways, and it really all comes down to the coach and environment he ends up in. He did appear unmotivated at times, especially this last year, and he himself admitted to putting on extra weight in an effort to become a better blocker which in turn resulted in a decrease in athleticism and not much improvement in the way of blocking.

I'm a 100% outspoken Sark "hater" which is a whole different story for a different time, but I think he played a large part in ASJ's lack of development year to year. It's pretty well known within circles close to the program that a large percentage of the players hated Sark the last couple years and saw through his BS. He did not have the respect of the team, and I think that hurt ASJ a lot. From what I've seen from him, and the few conversations I've had with him, he's a good kid who can be a committed hard worker, but the environment at UW during the Sarkball era wasn't a good fit. If he played under Petersen he could have been all-world. Don't even get me started on the possibilities of the team had he and Sankey both returned for this year...

I've gone back and forth on whether or not I'd like to see him in a Seahawk uniform, and I think Pete, in combination with the leadership in the locker room, could turn him into an all-pro player... But I would wait and hold out hope his DUI/injury history+current injury/"dismal work ethic" drive his stock down into the mid-late 2nd round, which would be perfect time to strike and move up to acquire him. I think there's been enough negative-hype surrounding him lately that he could see a fall into that range.

That being said, if he lands in a Miami type situation with a fractured locker room/leadership issues he could easily bust.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2hd486l3 said:
RolandDeschain":2hd486l3 said:

"@ProFootballTalk: NFL's Management Council officially applies tight end franchise tag to Jimmy Graham http://t.co/VO5E3o49MM"

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This is why no one pays Mortensen or Schefter to analyze anything related to actual football.

chris98251

Reaction score
First off ESPN is involved, thread could have closed after two posts.

Throwdown

Reaction score
To be honest if TE was something they were looking at, I'd take ASJ over Graham no question. Some might think it's the UW homer in me, but I want a guy who can do it all and not just play receiver at TE.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have a Jimmy, it's just he spells it Willson and is only going to get better, also he can block a little and knows which sideline his team is on.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
-The Glove-":24pl70xq said:
MizzouHawkGal":24pl70xq said:
RolandDeschain":24pl70xq said:

"@ProFootballTalk: NFL's Management Council officially applies tight end franchise tag to Jimmy Graham http://t.co/VO5E3o49MM"
There. HA! Take that!

:lol: