Jimmy Graham - Work suit for the 1º time!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2jj0541w said:
hawknation2015":2jj0541w said:
onanygivensunday":2jj0541w said:
It's amazing to me now that Graham has been traded from the Saints how many at their chat forum now badmouth the hell out of him... he has no heart... he's soft... glad that he's gone, we'll do better without him... blah, blah, blah.

Sour grapes, much?

To be fair, that sounds a lot like the kinds of things people here were saying about Graham before he became a Seahawk.
That's because we have the Legion of Boom... they don't.

Except that they do have Browner. :roll:
Whenever they practice him at rec he'll be against one or more of the Legion--I dare say he'll grow a pair.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1xm22m3d said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TDLockett12/status/616039036898033664[/tweet]
Just my opinion ..but methinks the NFL isn't going to like SB50. I'd say 12-4 and HFA isn't out line.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2tcn466i said:
It's amazing to me now that Graham has been traded from the Saints how many at their chat forum now badmouth the hell out of him... he has no heart... he's soft... glad that he's gone, we'll do better without him... blah, blah, blah.

Sour grapes, much?

As has already been said, it's no different than what was said here about him before he was a Hawk.

Just for fun, a sample of that from just searching for threads with his name in the title:

(DISCLAIMER: I think this same thing would happen on ALL fan boards for all teams in a similar situation, not going after anyone here. I'm just cut and pasting b/c it's kinda fun to look at and to see how much things can change over time :th2thumbs: )

FlyingGreg":2tcn466i said:
Graham is such a finesse guy. We showed the blue print on him...get in his face and get physical and he folds his little Boy Scout tent and goes home.

Smelly McUgly":2tcn466i said:
How does a 6'7, 240+ pound guy cry so much?

Hasselbeck":2tcn466i said:
The Sains have a 35 year old QB, no running backs, your best WR is a soon to be 31-year old guy with no knees and you're about to give Jimmy Graham way too much money for someone who is as soft as Charmin.
:
seadoc30":2tcn466i said:
Awww, Jimmy crying again? Someone give Jimmy a lollipop. No crying Jimmy.

Sports Hernia":2tcn466i said:
Watertaco/alaskasaintsfan fan's posts are just as soft as "I'm Jimmy" Graham! 8)

HawkinNY":2tcn466i said:
I also love in that interview Graham said he likes to hit. I laughed so hard at that. Likes to hit....hahah

RolandDeschain":2tcn466i said:
see how well that works out with a tall weakling like Jimmy Graham against defenders who don't give a crap how big you are, or how good you think you are. "I'm Jimmy" sure intimidates us. :lol:

Pstark3":2tcn466i said:
Dude seems like a real punk

Seeker":2tcn466i said:
you can tell graham is a talker and yes he is soft. he gets catches cause he is tall and he cries for flags all of a sudden.

Largefarva":2tcn466i said:
Graham is a bitch

sc85sis":2tcn466i said:
Jimmy says the players in the blue uniforms are big meanies. Why do the big meanies keep pushing Jimmy? Jimmy is sad and mad. Jimmy may cry.

main":2tcn466i said:
Jimmy is a d-bag.

SouthSoundHawk":2tcn466i said:
I'll take Bruce in this fight, he would roll I'm Jimmy's ass up.

Hawkpower":2tcn466i said:
"I'm Jimmy"

You sure are bro.

Seems your biggest impact on the game was standing on our side of the field and coming off as a douche.

Way to go "Jimmy"

seahawksny":2tcn466i said:
He went to Miami, just like that other punk ass bitch tight end that preceded him

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":8uf147y4 said:
onanygivensunday":8uf147y4 said:

Sour grapes, much?
To be fair I didn't like him much after the "I'm Jimmy incident". I never denied he was a huge mismatch for most teams and has a ton of talent but was soft. Of course our defense makes a lot of players look soft. I fully expect playing against the LOB in practice will toughen him up IF he really is soft.

Only one thing wrong with that. Vernon Davis practiced against the 9er D, and I fail to see where that has made him tougher. Large, finesse-type players tend to stay that way. Want tough against a big, physical secondary? Matthews fits that mold better. Graham will still have bushels of mismatches nonetheless.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1cbr4zyp said:
Sports Hernia":1cbr4zyp said:
I fully expect playing against the LOB in practice will toughen him up IF he really is soft.

Only one thing wrong with that. Vernon Davis practiced against the 9er D, and I fail to see where that has made him tougher. Large, finesse-type players tend to stay that way.

The other silly part of this argument is that if the Seattle secondary is "toughing up" Jimmy Graham by laying the boom on him in practice, you guys have MUCH BIGGER problems than Jimmy Graham's toughness.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2n7hnm1a said:
The other silly part of this argument is that if the Seattle secondary is "toughing up" Jimmy Graham by laying the boom on him in practice, you guys have MUCH BIGGER problems than Jimmy Graham's toughness.

Yea, I hate to, but have to agree with this. I simply just don't see them laying Jimmy out in practice on a continual basis without some kind of repercussion. I can see them doing it once as a "welcome" though from Kam or Earl.

sutz

Reaction score
I wonder if his use in NO didn't contribute to this view of Jimmy. He was always used as a receiver and hardly ever even asked to block, so he spent most plays avoiding contact at the line to get open quicker. With our running game, he'll be asked to get up in guys faces a bit more and this opinion of him should vaporize. He has the size to take on most DEs in the league and damn near all LBs, so I look forward to Mr Graham opening some eyes about his toughness this season.

McG

Reaction score
I rarely post anymore, but I will say this much- How many times to we as a fan base or fans in general, bad mouth the other teams players because we secretly really just want them (on our team)? It's like being in 2nd grade all over again. The girl you actually like/love is the one you talk about the most, usually in a derogatory way. I think it's a way to cope with the reality or the thought that they aren't optainable.

So yes, Saints fans are going to put him down for his faults ignoring all the great things that he is capable of because they are now on the other side of the fence. Just like we are going to overlook all of his faults because he is with us now. How many of you used overlook Harvins size, injury history, and personality in favor for his playmaking potential and ability? I know I thought (before he was traded to us) he was an overrated, undersized, migraine just waiting to happen (literally and figuratively), even though I still thought he was insanely talented. Then, when his hip problems came about and he showed up for the Superbowl, I still thought he was worth it. Now that he's gone, he's nothing to me other than another player in the NFL. It's all subjective, so instead of grilling people for what we've been doing for years when it comes talking bad about other players, just realize EVERYONE does it and will do it and will continue to do it until the end of time.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
That's just how fan talk works. You make fun of other team's players and promote your team's players, even if you wind up contradicting yourself. This isn't academia...it's sports.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
McG":2zhlk3wm said:
I rarely post anymore, but I will say this much- How many times to we as a fan base or fans in general, bad mouth the other teams players because we secretly really just want them (on our team)? It's like being in 2nd grade all over again. The girl you actually like/love is the one you talk about the most, usually in a derogatory way. I think it's a way to cope with the reality or the thought that they aren't optainable.

So yes, Saints fans are going to put him down for his faults ignoring all the great things that he is capable of because they are now on the other side of the fence. Just like we are going to overlook all of his faults because he is with us now. How many of you used overlook Harvins size, injury history, and personality in favor for his playmaking potential and ability? I know I thought (before he was traded to us) he was an overrated, undersized, migraine just waiting to happen (literally and figuratively), even though I still thought he was insanely talented. Then, when his hip problems came about and he showed up for the Superbowl, I still thought he was worth it. Now that he's gone, he's nothing to me other than another player in the NFL. It's all subjective, so instead of grilling people for what we've been doing for years when it comes talking bad about other players, just realize EVERYONE does it and will do it and will continue to do it until the end of time.

True!

Which is why people call Russell Wilson an underrated QB/Game Manager because secretly, if they knew they had a shot to have him on their team, they'd do it in a New York minute! I don't take offense to all the shit talking other fans do about our guys because everything in the above post is spot on. :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's sports, sometimes the guys you hate from other teams end up on your team. Funny how quick things chance. I couldn't stand Ricky Watters before he came here, after he rolled into to Seattle, he was one of my favorite players.
So Graham had some attitude, fits perfectly here. He's only one of the best players in the NFL.