John Schneider is hurting our team.

Hyak

Reaction score
Sure wish we had Ruskell and Webster back instead of these losers...... :pukeface:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1oza9890 said:
Hawks46":1oza9890 said:
nash72":1oza9890 said:
Sports Hernia":1oza9890 said:
I understand that. But this is a weak O-line draft. The BEST in THIS draft may turn out to be bums, at least @ 26, and or there is an O-lineman or 2 they like @ 34. The draft isnt over yet.

Our line is so abysmal though, you have to try. That's why it was hard to see us pass up on Ramczyk. Robinson and Lamp are still there and I think we have to (HAVE TO) take at least one of them. Surely they will be better than what we have.

Ramczyk is a gamble. He just had major hip surgery, wasn't able to work out for anyone, and it's not even a given he'll be ready for Training Camp.

Then people are going to whine we burned a 1st round pick on a OLman that won't even contribute much this year, or will be behind the curve by missing much of the offseason and maybe the beginning of the season, while guys like King and Obi and Mixon were on the board.

Some people are never happy.

We will try to address the O-line, but you don't try by reaching and gambling on lineman that aren't worthy of a first round selection.

This is universally lauded as the WORST O-line draft class in like 15 years, so personally I don't even want to see an O-lineman drafted until at least round 3. Too many other needs with positions that are deep in this draft to gamble on another mediocre lineman that's going to be moved to 3rd string guard after a month of training camp.

Looking at the overall draft, yes this is true. But there are still 2 good 1st round projected linemen sitting on the board because of prior draft stupidity.....so we should by all means try to help the oline now, rather then pick someone later that will just be a wasted pick.
That makes more sense IMO. Help the still worst position group while we can.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2e0y585b said:
Hawks46":2e0y585b said:
nash72":2e0y585b said:
Sports Hernia":2e0y585b said:
I understand that. But this is a weak O-line draft. The BEST in THIS draft may turn out to be bums, at least @ 26, and or there is an O-lineman or 2 they like @ 34. The draft isnt over yet.

Our line is so abysmal though, you have to try. That's why it was hard to see us pass up on Ramczyk. Robinson and Lamp are still there and I think we have to (HAVE TO) take at least one of them. Surely they will be better than what we have.

Ramczyk is a gamble. He just had major hip surgery, wasn't able to work out for anyone, and it's not even a given he'll be ready for Training Camp.

Then people are going to whine we burned a 1st round pick on a OLman that won't even contribute much this year, or will be behind the curve by missing much of the offseason and maybe the beginning of the season, while guys like King and Obi and Mixon were on the board.

Some people are never happy.

We will try to address the O-line, but you don't try by reaching and gambling on lineman that aren't worthy of a first round selection.

This is universally lauded as the WORST O-line draft class in like 15 years, so personally I don't even want to see an O-lineman drafted until at least round 3. Too many other needs with positions that are deep in this draft to gamble on another mediocre lineman that's going to be moved to 3rd string guard after a month of training camp.

If that's the case why would you want them to draft a O-lineman in round 3? If it's the worst, then I'd rather they skip drafting an OL since we already know their track record in that area is not stellar anyway. Cable can covert some defensive or college b-ball player into an O-lineman.

nash72

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":34wa0jso said:
nash72":34wa0jso said:
Sports Hernia":34wa0jso said:

I do not like the idea of taking an offensive lineman just for the sake of taking an offensive lineman. At the end of the day Ramczyk was available at 32. He was not some great talent that would suddenly make our offensive line woes go away. He was a lineman that played the most important position on the line in college, in a draft that is thin at offensive line, in a league that currently needs a lot of offensive line help, yet he still went 32 overall. That is saying a lot about the leagues confidence in the guy.

I dont think we can afford not to take an Olineman. Ramczyk may not be the next coming of Walter Jones, but he at least played the position in college and not basketball. That alone puts him above the curve and worth the shot. Even if he didnt turn out to be as good as we hoped, I have a hard time believing he could be worse than what we have now. You have to understand that Wilson might not make it through the season with the beating he's going to receive. Our line is awful and the teams in our division seem to be drafting and stocking up on players to attack that weakness. Thats not by accident.

nash72

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2rib99hv said:
brimsalabim":2rib99hv said:
John and Pete aren't learning from their mistakes. Certain positions of need, OT being the most glaring, we absolutely must get elite talent that already knows how to play the position. Our staff has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not capable of coaching that position group up. I fact when it comes to developing tackles our staff is an absolute disaster! We had Ryan Ramczyk fall into our laps and blew it! When Russell Wilson takes unblocked blind side shots from the talent we helped our competition bring in who is going to replace him?

If they do take an offensive lineman at No. 34, as I expect them to do, it means they had Cam Robinson and/or Forrest Lamp ranked ahead of Ramczyk. Ramczyk's hip issues may be more serious than we know.

If we ended up with an injury-plagued guy, wouldn't you have the same complaint?

Lol. We just overpaid for a bum of an offensive lineman in free agency with a history of injuries that is supposed to challenge for the starting left tackle position. Doesnt that bother you at all? Even when he wasnt hurt, he was ranked one of the worst tackles in the game. If Robinson isnt taken by us early today, I feel like the FO got cute and screwed the pooch again. They'll end up taking a guy like Roderick Johnson later on and it'll be a huge fail.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3qe8pusv said:
If that's the case why would you want them to draft a O-lineman in round 3? If it's the worst, then I'd rather they skip drafting an OL since we already know their track record in that area is not stellar anyway. Cable can covert some defensive or college b-ball player into an O-lineman.

Because later round project with high upside lineman can be developed, and more importantly aren't expected to start right away.

If we take an O-lineman with our first pick, aren't you going to expect him to start or at least compete for a starting job right away? I don't like reaching on O-lineman out of desperation for need.

Especially with this FO, who for all that they do well, have had an abysmal track record with drafting and developing O-lineman. Not only have we drafted the most O-lineman in the Carroll/Schneider era than any other team, but NONE of them, not one has made it to a 2nd contract.

nash72

Reaction score
AgentDib":2c1qr6ud said:
For the Chicken Littles around here who missed it:
Bob Condotta":2c1qr6ud said:
John Schneider says Seahawks did not lose anyone they wanted at 26 in moving down to 34.

#26: Takkarist McKinley, DE
#27: Tre'Davious White, CB
#28: Taco Charlton, DE
#29: David Njoku, TE
#30: TJ Watt, OLB
#31: Reuben Foster, OLB
#32: Ryan Ramczyk, OT
#33: ?

None of those guys seemed like good fits for the Seahawks before the draft so why are so many upset afterwards?

Ramczyk didnt seem like a good fit to a team that has the worst line in the league? Not sure how that is.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":o9b8j650 said:
hawkfan68":o9b8j650 said:

Because later round project with high upside lineman can be developed, and more importantly aren't expected to start right away.

If we take an O-lineman with our first pick, aren't you going to expect him to start or at least compete for a starting job right away? I don't like reaching on O-lineman out of desperation for need.

Especially with this FO, who for all that they do well, have had an abysmal track record with drafting and developing O-lineman. Not only have we drafted the most O-lineman in the Carroll/Schneider era than any other team, but NONE of them, not one has made it to a 2nd contract.

Can be developed but how often is? Not expected to start and inexplicably does? I agree with the rest but it seems like nothing ever goes according to plan and sometimes the kludges are...well...not great.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":eyvwx7bm said:
Sgt. Largent":eyvwx7bm said:
hawkfan68":eyvwx7bm said:

Can be developed but how often is? Not expected to start and inexplicably does? I agree with the rest but it seems like nothing ever goes according to plan and sometimes the kludges are...well...not great.

Not very often, that's my point.

My point is, I'm tired of us drafting guys like Ifedi, Carpenter, etc in the first or early 2nd who we got all excited about because they were suppose to come in and anchor a much needed tackle spot...............only to be moved to guard after two weeks of training camp. Which means we could have gotten a guard much later.

And this year's draft is full of these type of shaky lineman.

randomation

Reaction score
Ifedi is the definition of raw, Ramcyzk is a polished pass protector and was first team All American in one freaking year of playing D1 he is only going to get better. Ramcyzk is the exactly type of player we should be taking. Side note the top paid guard center and best LT in the nfl are all from Wisconsin.

mrt144

Reaction score
randomation":2vd7kwvj said:
Ifedi is the definition of raw, Ramcyzk is a polished pass protector and was first team All American in one freaking year of playing D1 he is only going to get better. Ramcyzk is the exactly type of player we should be taking. Side note the top paid guard center and best LT in the nfl are all from Wisconsin.

Too bad Moffit was not cut from the same cheese cloth.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":v4e6wsno said:
I dont think we can afford not to take an Olineman. Ramczyk may not be the next coming of Walter Jones, but he at least played the position in college and not basketball. That alone puts him above the curve and worth the shot. Even if he didnt turn out to be as good as we hoped, I have a hard time believing he could be worse than what we have now. You have to understand that Wilson might not make it through the season with the beating he's going to receive. Our line is awful and the teams in our division seem to be drafting and stocking up on players to attack that weakness. Thats not by accident.

Every smart team stocks up on DL.

As for Wilson, he made it through last season just fine. His most significant injury was from trying to stiff-arm a spying linebacker on a rollout. None of that justifies "just take an OL because omg he must be better than Fant".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
randomation":3dj6lc1s said:

So was Moffitt.

I'll take Ramcyzk, after Baker or King.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":b1b0lnw7 said:
randomation":b1b0lnw7 said:

So was Moffitt.

I'll take Ramcyzk, after Baker or King.

Why are we talking about Ramcyzk when he went to New Orleans already?

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":qntzjhqf said:
nash72":qntzjhqf said:

As for Wilson, he made it through last season just fine. His most significant injury was from trying to stiff-arm a spying linebacker on a rollout. None of that justifies "just take an OL because omg he must be better than Fant".

He made it through just fine? You did watch the Seahawks in 2016 right? RW was getting hit practically every play. I'm glad you feel the line is just fine. I'm sure Russ appreciates the FO's efforts so far too. Good Lord.

Hey Russ, better get used to this. 2017 is going to be a long season for you.

usatsi_9767742-e1482674261249.jpg

Jville

Reaction score
nash72":3ac7zr15 said:
MontanaHawk05":3ac7zr15 said:
nash72":3ac7zr15 said:

He made it through just fine? You did watch the Seahawks in 2016 right? RW was getting hit practically every play. I'm glad you feel the line is just fine. I'm sure Russ appreciates the FO's efforts so far too. Good Lord.

I think your selling Russell Wilson short. Russell was up front in taking responsibility for a number of QB hits and sacks thru out the 2016 campaign. His "tell the truth" self scouting and honesty is what makes him so adaptive.

Seymour

Reaction score
nash72":3o1hc8m7 said:
MontanaHawk05":3o1hc8m7 said:
nash72":3o1hc8m7 said:

Haven't you heard? "Just fine" means 3 injuries and his worst season as a professional.

nash72

Reaction score
Seymour":39l88du0 said:
nash72":39l88du0 said:
MontanaHawk05":39l88du0 said:
nash72":39l88du0 said:

Haven't you heard? "Just fine" means 3 injuries and his worst season as a professional.

At least we know it was mostly Russell's fault though.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RW92":ubxf80op said:
I stayed up all night for nothing.

Why? It was pretty obvious by the midpoint of the round that, with all of the defensive talent being pushed back, the Hawks would trade back.