John Schnieder Scouting QB Draft Pick Prospect

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pacific101":21stkpq2 said:
I remember reading a lot of the critisisms leveled when Russell was mentioned as a draft consideration. To damn short for the NFL, and the list grew longer the closer we got to D Day.

It did? I'm pretty sure his height was the only substantial criticism that got leveled at him by ANYONE.

adeltaY

Reaction score
From what I've heard Allen is a poster child for scouts and GMs falling in love with the "prototype" and getting burned after taking him with a high pick. Seemed to work in reverse for a guy like Watson, who many scouts had as a second round pick because he didn't quite fit the physical bill.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1viqf1y7 said:
pacific101":1viqf1y7 said:
I remember reading a lot of the critisisms leveled when Russell was mentioned as a draft consideration. To damn short for the NFL, and the list grew longer the closer we got to D Day.

It did? I'm pretty sure his height was the only substantial criticism that got leveled at him by ANYONE.

I remember people saying that if he was 6'2" he would be a first rounder.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3kdvojoy said:
Smellyman":3kdvojoy said:
Baker Mayfield does have 'it' though.
That would be Lauletta, and I even think his name is kind of slightly annoying. Not sure why. Maybe too many syllables. Probably not. Whatever.

His name sounds like Harry Carey trying pronounce a much longer name.

nrayorr

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2hg4sdww said:
pacific101":2hg4sdww said:

:ditto:

Height was the only thing that was a real concern for the other teams. I'm not sure if MontanaHawk05 looked at game tape and saw his performance in the RoseBowl when he almost beat my Ducks or saw his performance at the combine. RW was on fire. Dude can throw the ball deep and was accurate, his 40 time was pretty good for a QB, and he has large hands for his size, so I'd like to see this list that MontanaHawk05 says that is out there because I just don't believe it exists.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think pacific was the one who said there were other criticisms of Russ. Montana has the same opinion as you.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The assumption here is JS went to Wyoming’s pro day to just check out Allen, that fails to recognize that Wyoming has a very draftable well regarded OT/ G.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
jammerhawk":94gua8bq said:
The assumption here is JS went to Wyoming’s pro day to just check out Allen, that fails to recognize that Wyoming has a very draftable well regarded OT/ G.

Schneider did say Allen is why he went, though you're right that it could have been subterfuge. They also have a little nickel corner who is sparking interest. I think the draftnik wanted to check out Allen, but who knows?

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Report: Seahawks went to scout Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson’s camp wants to know why

According to Jim Trotter of the NFL Network in a segment aired Wednesday, Russell Wilson’s “camp’’ — presumably a reference to agent Mark Rodgers or someone else within the agency — called the Seahawks and asked what it meant for Wilson that the team was scouting a quarterback expected to be among the top players taken in the 2018 NFL Draft “and if there is anything we need to know.’’

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... osh-allen/

RCATES

Reaction score
My opinion of RW which may not be popular around here is actually shared by many outside of Seattle as well as the front office. RW has peaked and is not leading this team to another SB. Its time to move on.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Hawkfish":ehaksd60 said:
Report: Seahawks went to scout Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson’s camp wants to know why

According to Jim Trotter of the NFL Network in a segment aired Wednesday, Russell Wilson’s “camp’’ — presumably a reference to agent Mark Rodgers or someone else within the agency — called the Seahawks and asked what it meant for Wilson that the team was scouting a quarterback expected to be among the top players taken in the 2018 NFL Draft “and if there is anything we need to know.’’

LOL. Please tell me Mark Rodgers is smarter than that. :lol:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
RCATES":353hhjzd said:
My opinion of RW which may not be popular around here is actually shared by many outside of Seattle as well as the front office.

Link?

RCATES":353hhjzd said:
RW has peaked and is not leading this team to another SB. Its time to move on.

Wilson is coming off a year in which he led the NFL in passing touchdowns (34) and total scores (37). He also finished 2nd in total yards (3,983 passing and 586 rushing). His career QB rating is 2nd all-time in NFL history. He continues to improve, and should only get better as his offensive line improves.

If they can get him a few more weapons, I expect a season like he had in 2015.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2018":344xsi80 said:
RCATES":344xsi80 said:
My opinion of RW which may not be popular around here is actually shared by many outside of Seattle as well as the front office.

Link?

RCATES":344xsi80 said:
RW has peaked and is not leading this team to another SB. Its time to move on.

Wilson is coming off a year in which he led the NFL in passing touchdowns (34) and total scores (37). He also finished 2nd in total yards (3,983 passing and 586 rushing). His career QB rating is 2nd all-time in NFL history. He continues to improve, and should only get better as his offensive line improves.

If they can get him a few more weapons, I expect a season like he had in 2015.

facts are just your opinion

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1smxwkkm said:
Hawkfish":1smxwkkm said:

A team would be dumb not to scout guys like this. Just because you are unlikely to take them doesn't mean you don't do your due diligence. Any player, even RW could have a career ending accident at any moment in time. It would be beneficial to always have information on people that you might be interested in.

I can't even count the times we've tried guys out and then nothing happened, only for a few months to pass and someone gets hurt, and suddenly we've made a quick signing.

Depth is not just the players on your roster, but as a front office, depth is also your knowledge of players outside the organization that you may find a need for one day whether by choice or by circumstances outside your control.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
kidhawk":26vk6msc said:
hawknation2018":26vk6msc said:
Hawkfish":26vk6msc said:

A team would be dumb not to scout guys like this. Just because you are unlikely to take them doesn't mean you don't do your due diligence. Any player, even RW could have a career ending accident at any moment in time. It would be beneficial to always have information on people that you might be interested in.

I can't even count the times we've tried guys out and then nothing happened, only for a few months to pass and someone gets hurt, and suddenly we've made a quick signing.

Depth is not just the players on your roster, but as a front office, depth is also your knowledge of players outside the organization that you may find a need for one day whether by choice or by circumstances outside your control.

Absolutely. I guess you could argue that Mark Rodgers is just doing his due diligence, as well.

But it would be dumb to think the Seahawks are actively trying to replace Russell Wilson.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1870qa0a said:
kidhawk":1870qa0a said:
hawknation2018":1870qa0a said:
Hawkfish":1870qa0a said:

Absolutely. I guess you could argue that Mark Rodgers is just doing his due diligence, as well.

But it would be dumb to think the Seahawks are actively trying to replace Russell Wilson.

Assuming he's the one who called, maybe he's just bored and trying to earn some of that hefty check he got from WIlson's last contract. It'd be one thing to enquire if we signed someone that could actually replace Wilson, but to scout them? That's just overkill there.

chris98251

Reaction score
So were going to swap Cleveland's draft with ours and send them Earl and Russell then. :)

I have to wonder how much Schotty has had a chance to evaluate Wilson, or spoken with him, I also wonder how much weight Schotty will have in player selection and what he wants in a QB.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1xrwau73 said:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/could-the-seahawks-trade-russell-wilson-rumors-pop-up-about-a-possible-post-2018-split/

Might be a reason why Hawks tried to get Mahomes last draft.

So basically the idea is to go full Redskins and alienate and undervalue our franchise QB to the point that he goes elsewhere and leaves the franchise in ruins. Wonderful plan.

original poster

Reaction score
Cyrus12":300qqvlu said:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/could-the-seahawks-trade-russell-wilson-rumors-pop-up-about-a-possible-post-2018-split/

Might be a reason why Hawks tried to get Mahomes last draft.

I read the article yesterday. CBS have really gone down in my estimations...

If by 'rumours' they mean one guys idea then they've nailed it.

Here's another -

"Russell Wilson may divorce Ciara if their marriage doesn't go well in 2018"

Media -

"Russell Wilson isn't happy in his marriage and has also been on Tinder trying to find his new wife."

Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.