Jordan Hill out for the year (updated)

Basis4day

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":1zvo08m6 said:
This is disappointing. How does Hill manage to tear his calf during the bye week while he is "recovering" from a knee injury. That's a pretty severe injury.

I would have thought he would be doing next to nothing, physically, last week. Did he slip on the floor getting out of the trainers tub? Jeez.

Hopefully Dobbs can step up.

He hurt it lifting in the weight room.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
Basis4day":8vtpl6ie said:
SHOCKER315":8vtpl6ie said:
This is disappointing. How does Hill manage to tear his calf during the bye week while he is "recovering" from a knee injury. That's a pretty severe injury.

I would have thought he would be doing next to nothing, physically, last week. Did he slip on the floor getting out of the trainers tub? Jeez.

He hurt it lifting in the weight room.

Ok... but again...he is supposedly recovering from a knee injury. Yet he is doing some manner of power lifting with enough force to tear his calf? I know unlucky s**t happens... but why is he risking re-injury by even lifting at all? The guy should have been doing nothing but sitting on his couch, or the trainer's table getting massages last week.

SMH

Its all water under the bridge now.... GO DOBBS!

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
marko358":1i65pdyb said:
SHOCKER315":1i65pdyb said:

Seriously, wtf

Assuming the injured calf was the same one he'd recently injured, I've been there, Done that... I injured a quad in a football game. It took a few days before I could walk on it, and about a week before I could start rehab and try to get back into 'game shape'. I then tore my calf muscle on the same leg in warm ups right before the next game I was eligible to play in. I had rushed my rehab trying to get back on the field as quickly as possible, and my still injured thigh had caused the rest of my leg muscles to be extra tight - which led to a tear in my calf.

I postulate that Jordan probably had something similar happen to him. He sustained a brutal hit and subsequent knee sprain in the Rams game. With his body trying to 'protect' the knee, all the surrounding muscles would be extra tight. Any work he did trying to explode off that leg would increase his risk of tearing his calf muscle. Could have been in the weight room, running stairs, or on the field running sprints or hitting the sleds.

However it happened, it royally sucks for him and us. :crutches:

Jiggy

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":pbokvnfm said:

Probably flew over to Detroit to play some 3 on 3 against Suh's competitive street ball team.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2bwteosa said:
I hate to say it... but Hill and Jesse Williams won't last in the league, too injury prone.
Priceless

endzorn

Reaction score
This seems to be true. My source says he's out.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
RunTheBall":l53t2twx said:
I hate to say it... but Hill and Jesse Williams won't last in the league, too injury prone.

Hate to say it... but your posts are usually a bunch of drivel filled with trash opinion.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This is a pretty big blow IMO.

I do think people have been overstating Jordan's play a bit. He's basically just been mopping up stats off pressure created by Bennett, Avril and Irvin; that being said, the d-line chemistry is the biggest thing. Just the fact that he had finally built a rapport with the other rushers was huge. He's definitely filled that Clinton McDonald role that we were really missing early in the year.

I look forward to his continued progression next year. Hopefully, Dobbs can really step up. Seattle kept him on the roster for a reason, and that was a huge move in retrospect.

AgentDib

Reaction score
When it comes to health, Jesse Williams and Jordan Hill aren't remotely comparable.

Hill contributed in 12 games last year and 13 games this year. We'd prefer more and his injuries have been frequent but they have been relatively minor - tweaked ankle, groin pull, partial bicep tear, partial calf tear - and he has seen a lot of action for us. None of those are joint injuries that should majorly concern you about the future. He's just gotten banged up a bit, and may be slightly more prone to getting banged up than the average player. Having him on the roster as part of a deep rotation is a plus for this team.

Williams on the other hand has contributed in 0 games either year. He fell to us because of his problems with his knees, injured his knee in training camp resulting in major knee surgery that cost him 2013, and then sustained another knee injury this summer that ended his 2014 season. I'm not a doctor but it looks like he should think about a different career if he wants to have any knees at all later in life.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2id40f9a said:
RunTheBall":2id40f9a said:

Hate to say it... but your posts are usually a bunch of drivel filled with trash opinion.
Sorry I guess I can't say anything negative about players that don't even see the field. Between Scruggs, Hill and Jesse Williams we have 7 seasons on the roster combined between the 3 of them with under 1 season of play. Sorry I'm not overly enthusiastic about any of them.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":2hbi2no5 said:
marko358":2hbi2no5 said:
SHOCKER315":2hbi2no5 said:

Seriously, wtf

Assuming the injured calf was the same one he'd recently injured, I've been there, Done that... I injured a quad in a football game. It took a few days before I could walk on it, and about a week before I could start rehab and try to get back into 'game shape'. I then tore my calf muscle on the same leg in warm ups right before the next game I was eligible to play in. I had rushed my rehab trying to get back on the field as quickly as possible, and my still injured thigh had caused the rest of my leg muscles to be extra tight - which led to a tear in my calf.

I postulate that Jordan probably had something similar happen to him. He sustained a brutal hit and subsequent knee sprain in the Rams game. With his body trying to 'protect' the knee, all the surrounding muscles would be extra tight. Any work he did trying to explode off that leg would increase his risk of tearing his calf muscle. Could have been in the weight room, running stairs, or on the field running sprints or hitting the sleds.

However it happened, it royally sucks for him and us. :crutches:

Excellent description of how the calf muscles....the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles can tear. I pray that it was not a complete tear.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3ku39ljy said:
This is a pretty big blow IMO.

I do think people have been overstating Jordan's play a bit. He's basically just been mopping up stats off pressure created by Bennett, Avril and Irvin; that being said, the d-line chemistry is the biggest thing. Just the fact that he had finally built a rapport with the other rushers was huge. He's definitely filled that Clinton McDonald role that we were really missing early in the year.

I look forward to his continued progression next year. Hopefully, Dobbs can really step up. Seattle kept him on the roster for a reason, and that was a huge move in retrospect.

You're spot on and this is big. Interior pressure is one of the most important aspects on how the Seahawks build a successful D.

However, I don't think changes the dynamic of the upcoming game one bit.

I feel the Seahawks are just too good all around and just better with the home field advantage for this not to be a big deal against the Panthers.

It might bite them in the back if they get to the NFC CG or in the Superbowl vs stronger O-Lines but against the Panthers... I just don't see it drastically changing the results.

Not saying its okay because it hurts but who knows? a couple weeks from now we are saying: Dobbs, King, Tukuafu, and Cohen really stepped up for us and are playing championship Seahawks football.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2tfv0giq said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2tfv0giq said:
RunTheBall":2tfv0giq said:

Sorry I guess I can't say anything negative about players that don't even see the field. Between Scruggs, Hill and Jesse Williams we have 7 seasons on the roster combined between the 3 of them with under 1 season of play. Sorry I'm not overly enthusiastic about any of them.

Say whatever you want... by all means... no one is stopping you from posting douche-bag comments.

If you believe in them.... all the better.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow...............this is a brutal loss, we actually had a consistent interior push with him in. This sucks.............gonna be very hard to replace his production.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":q99rt3oo said:
GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #$%^&*(*%^&
My thoughts exactly. (literally, that was my initial reaction to seeing the updated thread title)

Thanks for helping us get to this point, Hill. Next man up.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1yyhk5w1 said:
RunTheBall":1yyhk5w1 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1yyhk5w1 said:
RunTheBall":1yyhk5w1 said:

Say whatever you want... by all means... no one is stopping you from posting douche-bag comments.

If you believe in them.... all the better.
So because I want durable players on the Seahawks that makes me a douchebag? Wilson has been durable, Lynch durable, Earl Thomas durable, Kam Chancellor durable, Richard Sherman durable.... etc. Peyton Manning durable, Eli Manning VERY durable, Tom Brady durable, Chad Pennington not durable, Anthony McCoy and Jake Locker....... beyond not durable.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3m563vml said:
So because I want durable players on the Seahawks that makes me a douchebag? Wilson has been durable, Lynch durable, Earl Thomas durable, Kam Chancellor durable, Richard Sherman durable.... etc. Peyton Manning durable, Eli Manning VERY durable, Tom Brady durable, Chad Pennington not durable, Anthony McCoy and Jake Locker....... beyond not durable.

You never said anything about wanting durable players until now.

You more or less scripted a players entire career with a douche-bag comment.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2b8bod3h said:
RunTheBall":2b8bod3h said:

You never said anything about wanting durable players until now.

You more or less scripted a players entire career with a douche-bag comment.
They can still change that script, but the odds are against them.