Jville":3gsfqnym said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/552570255168389121[/tweet]

That is confidence-inspiring.

Where is he supposed to play?

He stayed in shape at least.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":248jbjqh said:
Wow...............this is a brutal loss, we actually had a consistent interior push with him in. This sucks.............gonna be very hard to replace his production.

We'll be fine.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hill didn't play that high percentage of the snaps. I think the Hawks can navigate this via numbers. I've always been a firm believer DL is as much about rotation as it is the player's talent.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":3j9ompe5 said:
marko358":3j9ompe5 said:
SHOCKER315":3j9ompe5 said:
This is disappointing. How does Hill manage to tear his calf during the bye week while he is "recovering" from a knee injury. That's a pretty severe injury.

I would have thought he would be doing next to nothing, physically, last week. Did he slip on the floor getting out of the trainers tub? Jeez.

Hopefully Dobbs can step up.
Seriously, wtf

Assuming the injured calf was the same one he'd recently injured, I've been there, Done that... I injured a quad in a football game. It took a few days before I could walk on it, and about a week before I could start rehab and try to get back into 'game shape'. I then tore my calf muscle on the same leg in warm ups right before the next game I was eligible to play in. I had rushed my rehab trying to get back on the field as quickly as possible, and my still injured thigh had caused the rest of my leg muscles to be extra tight - which led to a tear in my calf.

I postulate that Jordan probably had something similar happen to him. He sustained a brutal hit and subsequent knee sprain in the Rams game. With his body trying to 'protect' the knee, all the surrounding muscles would be extra tight. Any work he did trying to explode off that leg would increase his risk of tearing his calf muscle. Could have been in the weight room, running stairs, or on the field running sprints or hitting the sleds.

However it happened, it royally sucks for him and us. :crutches:

Wow, you put a lot of though into that. Wrong leg...Pete said -plain as day- the calf pull was on the opposite leg.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":m5a0xbd8 said:
Hill didn't play that high percentage of the snaps. I think the Hawks can navigate this via numbers. I've always been a firm believer DL is as much about rotation as it is the player's talent.

That might be playing it down a bit since Pete, in a previous presser, said that losing him would be a 'big deal.' and that the kid has become an 'integral part of our four-man rush.'

I'm thinking somebody (hopefully Dobbs) will have to step up, because it's more than just adding a bean or two to the pile. Depending on how well somebody like Dobbs fills the role, it might be hard to rest guys like Bennett. I'll really root for the Packers this weekend. Here's hoping for the best...salute!

themunn

Reaction score
RunTheBall":fjayvvyr said:
So because I want durable players on the Seahawks that makes me a douchebag? Wilson has been durable, Lynch durable, Earl Thomas durable, Kam Chancellor durable, Richard Sherman durable.... etc. Peyton Manning durable, Eli Manning VERY durable, Tom Brady durable, Chad Pennington not durable, Anthony McCoy and Jake Locker....... beyond not durable.

aye, 2 seasons in. let's cut him.
If only the Cowboys had done that with "injury-prone" DeMarco Murray, we'd have our running back of the future.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":32pyoleu said:
Missing_Clink":32pyoleu said:
Jville":32pyoleu said:

Carroll said they think he can do some of things Jordan Hill was doing, i.e. wide-bodied guy with enough quickness to rush the passer from the one technique in the nickel package. Demarcus Dobbs will likely be taking those snaps as long as he's healthy.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Too bad for Jordan. He was playing extremely well. It's a good thing they have Dobbs coming back and also David King too. They may even move Bennett inside so there are plenty of options. IMO, moving Bennett inside is the best option. He can be a disruptor on the inside, he's done it before.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1tfnhqzs said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1tfnhqzs said:
RunTheBall":1tfnhqzs said:
I hate to say it... but Hill and Jesse Williams won't last in the league, too injury prone.

Hate to say it... but your posts are usually a bunch of drivel filled with trash opinion.
Sorry I guess I can't say anything negative about players that don't even see the field. Between Scruggs, Hill and Jesse Williams we have 7 seasons on the roster combined between the 3 of them with under 1 season of play. Sorry I'm not overly enthusiastic about any of them.

I'm with Pandion on this. Do you have any "game" aside from restating obvious things about Jesse Williams, and then foolishly lumping Hill into that category? What exactly does Jesse Willams body totally breaking down have to do with Jordan HIll? How does focusing on a player that never played a regular season snap for Seattle relate to this weekend's game?

Can you post something that's actually relevant to the topic, like Pandion's terrific post in this thread? At least after he calls you out, he then sets an example by posting something worth reading, with actual insight. Who will be getting the snaps Hill was getting? What will the impact be on our defense? Will it be Dobbs, will it be... you get the idea.

All I've seen is that your "game" involves setting yourself up as a self-styled "expert" to second-guess and criticize, in obvious, often irrelevant, knee-jerk ways, with a side helping of troll. For myself, in the future, instead of responding to your troll-bait posts, I'll just put you on ignore, and I suggest others consider doing the same.

It's the playoffs, man, can you up your game?

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawknation2015":36kswxao said:
Hasselbeck":36kswxao said:
Missing_Clink":36kswxao said:
Jville":36kswxao said:

Carroll said they think he can do some of things Jordan Hill was doing, i.e. wide-bodied guy with enough quickness to rush the passer from the one technique in the nickel package. Demarcus Dobbs will likely be taking those snaps as long as he's healthy.

I think this Landon dude is the PC/JS response to avoiding another man-off-the-street dude being stuck in the lineup like Etric Pruitt in the Hawks SBXL loss. By the way, Marquand Manuel, they guy who got injured to create Pruitt's "opportunity", now coaches for the Seahawks, I think he's Kris Richard's second in command. "As of March of 2014, Manuel was named the assistant secondary coach for the Seattle Seahawks and currently holds that position."
Whether or not Manuel himself has been in the conversation, his loss in SBXL and its impact on the team is a great reminder of how much every bit of depth can matter, and how well PC/JS "get" that.

OK, so Landon pretty much is a man-off-the-street. I think he's one more injury removed from seeing "starting" action, and is basically a rotational DT player for specific roles. Just shows how this FO and Pete think and prepare and address weaknesses BEFORE they become a crisis.

Can you believe the incredible stuff the FO has done this year to plug emergency holes? Examples: Moeaki, Kevin Williams, Marcus Burley, Tukuafu, Demarcus Dobbs, bringing back OBrien Schofield, Lemuel JeanPierre, Cooper Helfet, Patrick Lewis, Garry Gilliam, Brock Coyle, etc., etc. And yeah, some of these guys aren't starters, but when we needed them in a big way for next man up, each and every one has contributed.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OK, so scratch some of the above--this dude is probably more about:

1) Being able to have a meaningful opponent in practice without risking injuring your D-Line starters
2) Having a guy to stick in a game if it's a blowout and you don't want to risk leaving starters in at thin positions like DT
3) Emergency fill-in to the actual rotation in case of injury

But still, if he does have to play meaningful snaps, Pete & Co will have him as prepared as it's possible to be, way more prep than Mr. E. Pruitt got. I hope I don't come across as overly dogging Pruitt--I view it as a FO and coaching failure, that a man off the street gets thrown in for an injured starter in the 2nd quarter of the Super Bowl. If that happens to Landon Cohen, he will have had a couple more weeks of practice than Pruitt had. Plus, the Hawks also have the option of bringing up Jimmy Staten from the Practice Squad, a rook who knows the system.

Point being, Holmgren/Ruskell had ONE unprepared guy as a backup plan at a key position.
JS/PC have TWO better-prepared guys available. It's a plan, part of their program, not an afterthought.
Holmgren/Ruskell were in the position of wishing and hoping their starter doesn't get hurt.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":xu5sfac7 said:

Yeah. I mean this isn't good news and can't be spun into being positive at all, but the fact is that he's had multiple games recently where he was only in on 1/3 of the snaps.

You don't want to lose any contributor, but if you were going to rank the people you'd least like to lose before this happened, Hill would have been way down the list.

RCATES

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2rivst33 said:
pehawk":2rivst33 said:

Yeah. I mean this isn't good news and can't be spun into being positive at all, but the fact is that he's had multiple games recently where he was only in on 1/3 of the snaps.

You don't want to lose any contributor, but if you were going to rank the people you'd least like to lose before this happened, Hill would have been way down the list.

After Mebane went down Dobbs stepped in and really started playing well and making a big impact on the run defense. When he went down I was really worried. Hill then began to get more snaps and started playing really well. Now that Dobbs is back healthy I'm not really sweating the Hill loss. Dobbs isnt the pass rusher Hill was but he is a better run stuffer. If Dobbs was still out then this Hill injury would have been much more significant.