Josh Gordon a Patriot!

acer1240

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":25wnb5eb said:
Seems like a huge dumbass that does whatever he wants.

He has admitted addiction and mental health issues. Makes sense, as the 2 usually go hand in hand.

Addiction is a bitch. Trust me, I know.

Sometimes it's not a choice Coug. It's hard to explain to someone who has obviously never dealt with demons.

Calling him a dumbass is a very narrow minded view IMHO

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
acer1240":3uxw1j30 said:
Coug_Hawk08":3uxw1j30 said:
Seems like a huge dumbass that does whatever he wants.

He has admitted addiction and mental health issues. Makes sense, as the 2 usually go hand in hand.

Addiction is a bitch. Trust me, I know.

Sometimes it's not a choice Coug. It's hard to explain to someone who has obviously never dealt with demons.

Calling him a dumbass is a very narrow minded view IMHO

He injured his hamstring at an event away from the team, and then showed up late to the facility a day before a game? Pretty sure both of those things were his own choices. Not smart ones. There was speculation it was a relapse, but more recent reports say that’s not the case, just bad decision making. Not trust left with the team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He wants to play for the Cowgirls or Whiners..
We don't need an addict/mental case in Seattle where the overcast
and rain depresses certain people.
The fact weed is legal really doesn't help either.

The Breh

Reaction score
It's physically impossible to get addicted to weed.
And all that is speculation anyway with that being his only known issue.
It very well may have been time for them to move on.
He would look great in blue and green.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Breh":21yb1qy8 said:

I have seen otherwise, but then again I am sure you have a PHD and all sorts of data to back it up.

bigcc

Reaction score
Marshall/Wilson would be a great support structure, he'd be cheap to acquire (he'd have to pass a physical first so not much risk there), schefter reported it had nothing to do with a failed test so he isn't facing suspension, him/Marshall on the outside with Baldwin in the slot in the red zone would be glorious, sign me up

The Breh

Reaction score
chris98251":2ps05zpv said:
The Breh":2ps05zpv said:

I have seen otherwise, but then again I am sure you have a PHD and all sorts of data to back it up.
And from what you've "seen" makes you more qualified? We all know weed heads, they aren't unique. They like to blow trees, I sure had a great time doing it.
I've been in treatment before. I've been around addicts of everything there is. I'm talking around the recovery community for years.
Your body doesn't get physically addicted to weed. I smoked it for countless years and stopped on a dime.
You might get a little aggy and irritable when you quit. Your body doesn't get physically sick to the point of withdrawals like alcohol or heroin.
Alcohol withdrawals can be fatal.
Heroin withdrawals will make you wish you'd rather die.
Weed heads get grumpy. Learn how to eat like a normal human.
Smoking weed is a lifestyle people adapt to. Some folks miss the lifestyle.
Go visit some treatment centers or meetings and witness true addiction. Talk to and witness the afflicted of serious drugs. Then say you can't live without weed and realize how easy your life truly is.
Anybody "addicted" to weed is using it as a scapegoat for some underlying issues they're trying to avoid.
A stoner at a treatment facility is taking a bed away from someone who's life is in real danger.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Breh":3vql1t0r said:
chris98251":3vql1t0r said:
The Breh":3vql1t0r said:

And from what you've "seen" makes you more qualified? We all know weed heads, they aren't unique. They like to blow trees, I sure had a great time doing it.
I've been in treatment before. I've been around addicts of everything there is. I'm talking around the recovery community for years.
Your body doesn't get physically addicted to weed. I smoked it for countless years and stopped on a dime.
You might get a little aggy and irritable when you quit. Your body doesn't get physically sick to the point of withdrawals like alcohol or heroin.
Go visit some treatment centers or meetings and witness true addiction. Talk to and witness the afflicted of serious drugs. Then say you can't live without weed and realize how easy your life truly is.
Anybody "addicted" to weed is using it as a scapegoat for some underlying issues they're trying to avoid.
A stoner at a treatment facility is taking a bed away from someone who's life is in real danger.

I have lived and was married with someone who was, it was gone and she did what you stated became irratable and missed the THC and euphoria of feeling high, it is also a gateway drug that led to other things. 8 stints in rehab, losing her kids etc. So don't tell me whats addictive and what is not bucko.

bigcc

Reaction score
chris98251":j39b9qlr said:
I have lived and was married with someone who was, it was gone and she did what you stated became irratable and missed the THC and euphoria of feeling high, it is also a gateway drug that led to other things. 8 stints in rehab, losing her kids etc. So don't tell me whats addictive and what is not bucko.

Certainly can be mentally addictive and a gateway drug, but find it very difficult to believe pot was directly responsible for 8 visits/losing kids/etc... Much more likely on the back of the drugs it led to

Back on the topic though, something to keep in mind is that he's also on a 1 year deal for only 790k, and is a rfa (if he has a decent season can be retained for another cheap season or whatever pick the hawks tendered him at)... The upside FAR outweighs what would likely only be a CONDITIONAL 5th(at most I'd imagine) -7th round pick

Threedee

Reaction score
RedAlice":20wbsvxi said:
XxXdragonXxX":20wbsvxi said:
Its really to bad that 1. Josh Gordon is to dumb to just stop smoking weed. And 2. Weed is still a banned substance in the NFL/Not legal everywhere.

Dumb all around.

Josh is not dumb. He’s addicted.

To weed?

The Breh

Reaction score
chris98251":1cx2e9t2 said:
The Breh":1cx2e9t2 said:
chris98251":1cx2e9t2 said:
The Breh":1cx2e9t2 said:

The irritability is the initial "withdrawal", if we're gonna label it that. It's not a longstanding effect.
The gateway drug and "lead to other things" sounds like other drugs were involved, leading to 8 stints in rehab.
It would take a special kind of person to go to rehab 8 times and lose their families over...weed.
It's a mental thing at that point, which means there's underlying issues causing the need to escape reality. Not the actual THC.

massari

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1p2k0scj said:
Obviously, I'd love for the Hawks to acquire him. What would you say would be a fair trade for him?
I'd give a 4th + throw in Jaron Brown if they want him.

Is a proven great WR like Gordon failing another drug test any more risky than an unproven 4th round draft pick? I'll take the chance with Gordon and his vet minimum contract.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Breh":pq7gbg00 said:
chris98251":pq7gbg00 said:
The Breh":pq7gbg00 said:
chris98251":pq7gbg00 said:

The irritability is the initial "withdrawal", if we're gonna label it that. It's not a longstanding effect.
The gateway drug and "lead to other things" sounds like other drugs were involved, leading to 8 stints in rehab.
It would take a special kind of person to go to rehab 8 times and lose their families over...weed.
It's a mental thing at that point, which means there's underlying issues causing the need to escape reality. Not the actual THC.

You really don't understand addiction and people with addictive behaviors so I will stop, I said GATEWAY DRUG, so follow with Cocaine, Meth, Heroin or dirivitives.

minormillikin

Reaction score
It's weird how people don't think weed is addictive, but so many people seem to smoke it every day even after it barely gets them high anymore. They just smoke every day because otherwise they get depressed.

Some people get addicted to anything that tickles their pleasure receptors and weed hammers on pleasure receptors relentlessly.

In any case, some people are more susceptible to addictions than other people and I'm sure to the non-addictive types it seems like addicts are just dumb, immoral, or lack will power.

James in PA

Reaction score
I expect Bo Duke to at least kick the tires on this one. “Talented but troubled” had John & Pete written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
And he's heading to the Pat's like I initially guessed...why? Because this is how the NFL works. Guarantee ge can drink all the cough syrup and smoke all the crack he wants now without worrying about a failed drug test...

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1041764948127440896[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1041765919255539712[/tweet]

mistaowen

Reaction score
Tough playbook to learn but this could be a nightmare for the AFC if he does go to the Pats. Dude's insanely talented, Brady will get the most out of him.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cleveland does a good job of ruining there own season now they want to ruin everyone else by making this trade...another Lombardi for Bill and Tom.

Latest posts