Josh Gordon a Patriot!

James in PA

Reaction score
WTF, why would they trade him to another AFC team?! Especially the Pats?! Unbelievable. Oh well, I guess it won’t impact the Browns either way. It’s not like they’ll be in the playoffs or competing for a playoff spot any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigcc

Reaction score
A conditional 5th round pick where he has to play 10 (more?) games... Unbelievable, shades of us giving up a 1st for branch the same time they acquired moss for a 4th running through my head... No mediocre or nfc team was willing to match that? He's going to be available next Sunday ffs, unreal

Marvin49

Reaction score
I ain't gonna lie. I was hoping the Niners were going to make a move for him...

...but the news that the Niners DIDN'T get him is far better than the news about who DID get him.

The Patriots? Jeez. WTF. Great. He's under their control for 2 or 3 years at low salary and if he behaves he might be the one of the most dangerous players in the league.

Great.

Its like the Browns were like "welp, we suck...might as well screw everyone else while we're at it".

Chapow

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3ipbu8m9 said:
How do we not outbid the pats here ... wow just wow

There are 30 other teams in the league besides us and the Pats. At this point it doesn't look like anyone else outbid them either. Might be a reason for that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":32yisr9u said:

Because we're not competing for a SB this year, so it's stupid to give up valuable future pick(s) for a player that is only going to help you in the short term, if at all.

Makes perfect sense for the Pats, who desperately need a playmaker receiver. For us? Nope, we're not even close.

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2353fh7n said:
hawksincebirth":2353fh7n said:

Because we're not competing for a SB this year, so it's stupid to give up valuable future pick(s) for a player that is only going to help you in the short term, if at all.

Makes perfect sense for the Pats, who desperately need a playmaker receiver. For us? Nope, we're not even close.
Josh Gordon is an RFA after the season, meaning we'd not only have him cheap this season, but also next season as well (unless he fails another drug test). And if he becomes Julio Jones again, there's another weapon they've got primed for another SB run.

If healthy soon, the Seahawks will make the playoffs and it'd be nice to add a POTENTIAL superstar for the vet minimum.

Also Kelcie Mccray/Brett Hundley/Matt Tobin > Josh Gordon potential.....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":2t8w07n8 said:
Sgt. Largent":2t8w07n8 said:
hawksincebirth":2t8w07n8 said:

Josh Gordon is an RFA after the season, meaning we'd not only have him cheap this season, but also next season as well (unless he fails another drug test). And if he becomes Julio Jones again, there's another weapon they've got primed for another SB run.

If healthy soon, the Seahawks will make the playoffs and it'd be nice to add a POTENTIAL superstar for the vet minimum.

Julio Jones again? Gordon hasn't played a full season in FIVE years.

Again, I'd be down to gamble on him if he was the missing piece, but if you haven't noticed we have about 10-15 missing pieces right now and already short on picks next year.

I'm good.

bigcc

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3i33nkpt said:
massari":3i33nkpt said:
Sgt. Largent":3i33nkpt said:
hawksincebirth":3i33nkpt said:

Again, I'd be down to gamble on him if he was the missing piece, but if you haven't noticed we have about 10-15 missing pieces right now and already short on picks next year.

I'm good.

He's a rfa, if he has a good season we could slap a 1st/2nd/3rd round tender and you get a better pick than you gave up and a season of play for 790k, or ANOTHER cheap year... With the downside of a CONDITIONAL 5th round pick with pretty strict requirements (10 games suited up for)

Edit: why not trade Wilson for those 3 first round picks if we aren't playing to win any time soon /rolleyes

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":s0vpzfrz said:
massari":s0vpzfrz said:
Sgt. Largent":s0vpzfrz said:
hawksincebirth":s0vpzfrz said:

I'm good.
Again, they'd have Gordon a lot longer than this season if he works out.

If the Seahawks get healthy sooner than later, they have a better run game, OL, WR's(?), TE's, kicker(?), punter, LB's than last season and if Green, Shaquill, McDougald can step up replacing Bennett, Sherman and Kam, it could be a SB run.

If they had Gordon against the Broncos, they might be 1-0 atm.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Seahawks currently only have four picks for the 2019 draft. (1, 3, 4 & 5) That may have had something to do with any thinking here.

massari

Reaction score
uncle fester":2tmgs59h said:
Seahawks currently only have four picks for the 2019 draft. (1, 3, 4 & 5) That may have had something to do with any thinking here.
Josh Gordon has a pretty cheap contract, so consider him your 5th round draft pick.

Browns will send a 2019 seventh-round pick back to the Patriots in the event that Gordon fails to play 10 of the 14 games left on New England’s regular season schedule.

bigcc

Reaction score
uncle fester":2bu2l660 said:

That actually makes a bit more sense, forgot about the 2nd round pick and didn't know about the 7th, still would have been more than happy with us offering the same pick as the patriots (can't imagine them wanting the pats pick more than ours, especially considering you'd be placing Gordon in the nfc)

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mf558wq said:
hawksincebirth":2mf558wq said:

Also, if this is the case, then why did the Seahawks sign all those old mediocre vets cancelling out the Compensatory picks they would've received from Sheldon Richardson, Paul Richardson and Jimmy Graham? And a 6th for Hundley?

James in PA

Reaction score
uncle fester":35sh8omo said:
BUT, we’ll have actually have two 5th’s plus two 6th’s by the Schneider trades back a bunch of times next draft.

Whoop-de-doo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":14eewree said:
Sgt. Largent":14eewree said:
massari":14eewree said:
Sgt. Largent":14eewree said:

I'm good.

If the Seahawks get healthy sooner than later, they have a better run game, OL, WR's(?), TE's, kicker(?), punter, LB's than last season and if Green, Shaquill, McDougald can step up replacing Bennett, Sherman and Kam, it could be a SB run.

So you're cool with only having a 1st, 3rd and 4th round pick next year after giving up a 5th for Gordon? With needs all over the roster and no chance of competing for a SB this year, and probably for the next 1-2 years?

Sorry man, Gordon doesn't make us that much better this year, or even next. We need MORE picks, not less to reload our crazy thin defense.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uo76vhy said:
hawksincebirth":3uo76vhy said:

Valuable draft picks ... yes no josh Gordon for the next Jameson konz

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":32nab6fd said:
massari":32nab6fd said:
Sgt. Largent":32nab6fd said:
massari":32nab6fd said:

I'm good.

So you're cool with only having a 1st, 3rd and 4th round pick next year after giving up a 5th for Gordon? With needs all over the roster and no chance of competing for a SB this year, and probably for the next 1-2 years?

Sorry man, Gordon doesn't make us that much better this year, or even next. We need MORE picks, not less to reload our crazy thin defense.

We don’t need more picks to miss on , hows penny looking :pukeface: