Judging on how we played today, do we win on Thursday?

Polaris

Reaction score
Actually I think the Titans are an above average team and if you look at their DVOA and their record, that also seems to indicate an above average or even borderline playoff team. The Titans play good nasty defensive football. Even so, Seattle did dominate the game minus one very unfortunate fluke play.

Does seattle neet to play better (esp in protecting the ball)? Yes, of course. Are the Cardinals going to be tought at home on a Thursday? Yes, I said that last week in fact. All that said, I do wonder of some are perhaps overreacting a bit to what has been quite honestly some of the most horrendeous luck in football the past two weeks (and even then Seattle made it out largely unscathed).

OrFan

Reaction score
There is a reason why the Cards are in last place in the division. They simply are not a good football team.

They are 0 - 2 in division play vs our 1 - 0.

They are -16 in net points vs our +63.

Hmm, lets see, we score more points than our opponents while they get out scored.

Yep, they are a great team alright.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":8yduco6j said:
Palmer has thrown 7 TDs and 11 picks in 6 games against good defenses. I'm not cavalier after today's win, but I'm not exactly tense either.

Coupled with the fact that he holds the ball too long, and their OL is terrible, we should be able to get to him. If he's thrown 11 picks this year, I'm going to assume he's throwing at least 1 to our secondary.

It's going to be tough, as they ran the ball better than expected against SF. Fitzgerald is probably out, but if he does play, he won't be 100%. If we don't turn the ball over at all, I think we can win. If we play sloppy like last week, no. AZ's defense is better than the Titans', and if we fumble the ball 5 times, they're going to get 3 of them.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I agree. Titans are an average to below average team. Gotta play better especially in Arizona.

Cards >> Titans

The Cards hung in against the 9ers for most of the game. They're defense didn't look as sharp and were beat on a lot of big plays. We'll need to force some INTs like the 9ers were able to do, and hopefully RW can find Chop Chop and Dougie Fresh deep.

The biggest key against Cards will be Hawks running game and pass protection, offensive line has to do better. Arizona's defense is no joke, Hawks need to play mistake free game to win.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Yes.

We dominated the Titans game...as sloppy as it was. Take away the fieldgoal debacle and the Sidney rice fumble, and I'd be very very content with last Sunday's performance.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Polaris":203wri02 said:
loafoftatupu":203wri02 said:
TwistedHusky":203wri02 said:
Not sure.

Right now our offense is pretty average, maybe a bit above but not much.

Our defense is not exactly stifling either.

I do think that if we end up losing along the way and give up the lead to the 49ers we won't catch them again. They are playing better football than us almost across the board. So hopefully we can keep winning and keep the lead we have until we have to go there and fight them off.

If we lose to the Cardinals I suspect we will just have to reassess the team and our own expectations. I can tell you that I won't exactly be shocked if we lose and I don't think you would have heard that from me at the beginning of the season.

We clearly are not as good of a team this year as we were at the end of last year. Whether because of injuries or something else, this is a good team but not a dominant team and CERTAINLY not a team firing on all cylinders.

Totally disagree. The defense has been very good and the offense is doing enough to win, just stalling at times. The Niners? Screw them, they are last year's news. Sure... they are good, but they still cant stop the pass and have been very fortunate to have played some very gracious interception machines.

They are a game back after the Hawks have played one less home game and they are hoping that something derails the Hawks. If the Hawks aren't playing on all cylinders, what do you think is going to happen when they are?

I thought the Niners played one more home game than we have.

Let's see..... Greenbay, Colts, Arizona (today), and Texans IIRC were all played at home for the Niners. They've only had two road games (us and the Rams).

That tells me that the Niners have a harder road ahead of them than we do.
That's what I was actually trying to get at, that and that the Hawks have already established a better record in spite of it.

The Giants and ATL games are also games now that the Hawks can steal a road win. The division road games are always tough, but this team just seems to outlast most and play better in the second half.

The Seahawks should beat the Cards, if they can turn some of those FGs into TDs the game could be a big turning point for the offense.

C-Dub

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":3kvc6epq said:
I agree. Titans are an average to below average team. Gotta play better especially in Arizona.

Cards >> Titans

The Cards hung in against the 9ers for most of the game. They're defense didn't look as sharp and were beat on a lot of big plays. We'll need to force some INTs like the 9ers were able to do, and hopefully RW can find Chop Chop and Dougie Fresh deep.

The biggest key against Cards will be Hawks running game and pass protection, offensive line has to do better. Arizona's defense is no joke, Hawks need to play mistake free game to win.
I think the running game will be fine. The last 3/4 weeks it's been working. I'm really worried about the passing game against those corners.

chawx

Reaction score
Gonna be another grind-it-out, ugly slobberknocker—coming out of this one healthy is step 1. Dear Lord, protect Russell Wilson against those reckless fatty D-linemen in AZ, because I know our OLine at this point is incapable of such a task... a hideous FG-fest with a 15-12 victory would be quite alright with me.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Any given Sunday but oh wait it is a Thursday game, we are screwed:) No we prepared for the Thursday and the last Sunday's game together. So we will play another sloppy one and win..

keasley45

Reaction score
I actually think we dismantle them thoroughly. Our run game has been solid. I've been hard on Russ, Bev and the pass game but I actually think we played pretty good offensive ball last week against the Titans. We showed the ability to convert at a pretty good clip on third down and our short to intermediate pass game made an appearance for the first time this season. We'll build on that performance against the Cards and begin to lay the foundation for a stellar run over the last half of the season. I think Russ is just now getting comfortable with the playbook and we'll see him have more freedom to make in-game adjustments at the LOS. This will to a degree offset the deficiencies on Bevell's end as a coordinator and playcaller. Russ looks mad out out there... fed up with the lack-luster offensive output. He began to take games with his legs against Houston. He'll begin to do so with his arm, beginning with the Cards.
The team has played about as bad as it can over the last 3 weeks and still went 2-1. Were it not for a botched FG and a bad call or two by the refs, we'd be 6-0. We've dodged some bullets here of late that, in the past, would have crushed this team's confidence. This year, they're relatively unscathed. They know this. i think they feel how good they are now and its a confidence that's more steady and true than it was when they were 3-0 and everyone was tagging us as the best team in the league.
Arizona comes into this game thinking we are weak and vulnerable. They'll be overconfident... for about 4 possessions. That's about when we remind them of who's division this is and where they belong in it. That's when we'll show them how complete this team is; that our 5-1 start was just us warming up. Thursday will be Russ and the offense's 2013 coming out party. Bring your popcorn.

RiverDog

Reaction score
OrFan":z9jnprtj said:
There is a reason why the Cards are in last place in the division. They simply are not a good football team.

They are 0 - 2 in division play vs our 1 - 0.

They are -16 in net points vs our +63.

Hmm, lets see, we score more points than our opponents while they get out scored.

Yep, they are a great team alright.

Arizona's two division losses both came on the road. Our one division win came at home. The Cards lost their opener to the Rams by 3 points. Their other two losses, both on the road, were to New Orleans and San Francisco, two of the best teams in the league with a combined record of 9-3. They beat Detroit and Chicago, two teams currently 4-2.

No one's saying they're great. On paper, we should have no problem winning. But this is a dangerous team that we've always had trouble with in their house. Don't sleep on these guys.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Wilson is going to want to get the monkey of week one 2012 off his back. I don't expect him to blow this one. I think it will be a hard fought game, but Seattle will find a way to come away with a win.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Defense has gotta resort back to how they did against CAR&SF. These past few weeks have been very inconsistent. At times it seems like we just can't stop the other QB, then we get stops and picks. Also have to continue to swap the FG's for TD's.

Latest posts