Just a game manager. (Best Young QB Field Gulls Article)

monkey

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3w46nulq said:
I feel like Seahawks fans are the only ones perpetuating the whole "game manager" thing nowadays.

That narrative died on the national level even before Russ made it to his second Super Bowl in as many years. Maybe there are still some trolls here and there, but no one reputable is saying this anymore.
I would agree that the myth was dying, but there were still many respected voices in the media who were echoing that nonsense up until the last half of last season. Until a QB throws for a ton of useless yards, some media members just will not be convinced that he is more than a game manager. It's incredibly stupid, but then, there are many incredibly stupid, yet respected members of the national media.
It really has mostly died now, but you will still see the occasional media story about it, questioning "Was what we saw last year real?" that sort of thing.
They're still out there, lurking.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I literally could not possibly care less what anyone thinks about Russell Wilson. Whether he is fake, not black enough, too Christian, not elite, whatever.

Those things are only said because they are contrarian and they generate clicks and views. And that's because everyone, every fan of every team, every player, every analyst, EVERYONE, knows he is one of those ultra special once in a generation guys. He is this generation's Tom Brady but there is just something a little more special about him. A unique ability to do more with less. I do not believe Tom Brady would have gotten the Seahawks as far as Wilson did last season.

As long as Wilson is a Seahawk, we will be contenders. Every season. Period.

And if he somehow made it to free agency, he would immediately command the highest salary of all time, somewhere in the range of $30-35m/yr. Multiple teams would be bidding and whoever won that contest would immediately be a contender as long as he was there.

Which is why i don't care what anyone says or thinks otherwise. It's jealousy talking. Those same fans and analysts, if Wilson joined their team, would be crowing about it endlessly and Vegas would immediately put that team in the top 4 odds of winning the next Superbowl. It would be considered one of the biggest free agency moves in NFL history.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Oh and it is absolutely ludicrous to compare Chump Newton to Russell Wilson.

Chump will forever be known for refusing to recover his own fumble in a freaking Superbowl. I've never seen a bigger act of cowardice in sports in my life. It even trumps Tyson biting a man's ear in the ring. At least that was kinda psycho. Chumps act was pure cowardice, through and through. It makes his superhero routine even more mock-worthy. Carolina got absolutely destroyed in the SuperBowl and if Cam had one ounce of integrity and manhood, he would take some of the blame for his horrible performance. He looked like Mark Sanchez out there, and here he is still acting arrogant. As if the entire NFL fanbase didn't watch him humiliate himself in unforgettable fashion.

Then you have Russell. Drives his team down to the 1 in what looked like a certain repeat championship. Throws an interception that nobody will forget. Uses it in a commencement speech to young adults, encouraging them to face their losses and take credit for their part in their failures. THAT is integrity. THAT is cajones.

I'm proud that Russell is my quarterback and thrilled that he is in Seattle. He's an amazing human and will leave one hell of a legacy. And he's never going to be the arrogant coward that chump Newton has turned out to be.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hansens killing it. Is this the same hans we used to see in the PWR? What the he'll happened? Regardless good stuff.

HansGruber

Reaction score
austinslater25":352mtqfm said:
Hansens killing it. Is this the same hans we used to see in the PWR? What the he'll happened? Regardless good stuff.

Yes, the same.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was so shocked my phone sniped me multiple times. Hope all is well.