Just Retire Peyton

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":28s8htyb said:
Cyrus12":28s8htyb said:
Peyton has not been good since early 2012...then we saw the ducks and serious regression. At this point he makes Favre at the end of his days look like a rookie...he has to be done after this year...unless the Browns want him.

Not to defend the guy, but in 2013 he threw for 5500 yards and 55 TDs. Last year wasn't bad either: 4800 yards and 39 TDs.

....but do you think he could have done that on our team last year? He has had some very good options to throw to and a very good o line. I have no doubt he has the brain for the position but his body is telling him otherwise...especially this season. If he stays on passed this season he is killing what he has left from his legacy. He has his long term health to deal with and a pizza joint to run...although he seems to like chicken parm better than pizza...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I don't disagree about this year. Stats are stats, and he absolutely killed it the two years prior to this year. Whether he could do it on our team has far too many variables to honestly answer. Those Bronco teams were set up for him. The Seahawks teams are not.

Anyone who has gone through the 30s can tell you how quickly the decline can go. He definitely is struggling physically though and i imagine this will be his last season. I still think he will come back, lead the Broncos to the playoffs only to be lose, again, to a team who is not afraid of his arm.

Unfortunately for the Broncos, they will stick with him. They have a strong enough D to go far this year. They may be better off using Brock as a "game manager" and letting the D win for them.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3n10zwm9 said:
I don't disagree about this year. Stats are stats, and he absolutely killed it the two years prior to this year. Whether he could do it on our team has far too many variables to honestly answer. Those Bronco teams were set up for him. The Seahawks teams are not.

Anyone who has gone through the 30s can tell you how quickly the decline can go. He definitely is struggling physically though and i imagine this will be his last season. I still think he will come back, lead the Broncos to the playoffs only to be lose, again, to a team who is not afraid of his arm.

Unfortunately for the Broncos, they will stick with him. They have a strong enough D to go far this year. They may be better off using Brock as a "game manager" and letting the D win for them.

Stats aren't always the whole story though. If you have watched any of the Donkey games the last two years Pey Pey simply cannot make the throws anymore. A good majority of his throws come out as if they were tipped, and they weren't. Duck hunting comes early when they are in town.

marko358

Reaction score
It's really getting out of hand. The Broncos front office agreed to provide him with an assistance dog on the field.

960.jpg

NINEster

Reaction score
Can Peyton play against the Seahawks one more time?

I loved the beating he took in that game.