Just watched the final drive again... Man Man Man

rcaido

Reaction score
Why not blame the defense for giving up 14pts. Why not blame Simon terrible D. Why not blame Kearse for dropping the ball? Why not blame the miss call by the ref from Butler intentionally grabbing Lockette ankle. Why not blame 30minute halftime show instead of 15minute. Why not blame last play of the game...

Lets just blame Baldwin. Its his fault we lost the Superbowl because of the meaningless 15 yard penalty.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":377vwfes said:
There was zero pass rush, they didn't even try. So often we've see Wilson in this situation play it safe, not go for the 50-50 deep ball but play the percentages. I'm positive he could've had 15 yards on each deep shot running the ball. With the clock on our side and two timeouts I'm not sure why he didn't tuck and run. It never even crossed his mind. He threw two unwise passes and got lucky twice (first time that Browner didn't pick it off, second the Kearse circus act).

Hey man, you have to be careful with what you said. I had mentioned the same thing earlier in the week and got grilled. I mentioned that Russell went full McNabb and refused to run to gain the easy yards. The posters will not hear anything negative about Saint Russ. But I whole heartily agree with what you mentioned. If we didn't have any timeouts, I could agree taking a chance. But we had two timeouts and a lot of time. We could've still driven down without taking the added risk.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
rcaido":2ycsd1vg said:
Why not blame the defense for giving up 14pts. Why not blame Simon terrible D. Why not blame Kearse for dropping the ball? Why not blame the miss call by the ref from Butler intentionally grabbing Lockette ankle. Why not blame 30minute halftime show instead of 15minute. Why not blame last play of the game...

Lets just blame Baldwin. Its his fault we lost the Superbowl because of the meaningless 15 yard penalty.

Try looking at the bigger picture.
15 yards is not meaningless.
On Lynchs final run, where he was a half yard short, I wonder if he would have wanted an extra 15 meaningless yards.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Hawks46":1t6mi95o said:
I also thought it was strange that Wilson didn't run the ball at all when it was crunch time.

I noticed the Pats were in man coverage as well, but was so engrossed in the game that I didn't really think about Russ not running until much later.

As for what Jammer said, I agree with it for the most part. Lockette and Kearse aren't the most sure handed guys. Kearse in particular is a 50/50 proposition there; he'd proven to be unreliable in the last 2 games with balls bouncing off of his hands, but to win the big game with a big catch....chances are he'd make it happen. He's really clutch in those situations, problem is many times he's put us in those situations.

There are a ton of things that could've happened or gone right for us and we win. The sad fact is that we overcame all of these tiny mistakes and were in position to win it. How many teams feel good having the ball on the 1 yard line, 1 time out, and 20 seconds to go with 3 downs to win a game ? Now compound that with our running game, the Pats lack of short running game defense, and how clutch our team has been. Of course we feel robbed. We let it get away.

I know it sounds like sour grapes or crappy fans. The Steelers-esque Pats fans pervading the internet and being general douches don't really help, but our fans are saying that the Pats didn't win this game, we lost it.

Well, the Pats did all they needed to to win. They made all the plays when it counted. We missed tons of opportunities, and still were in position to win. Yes, we lost the game. Pissed it away in fact. But the Pats still did enough to win. They won the game, AND we lost it for them. Look at the Pats players on the sideline. Look at Brady. They knew. You could see a team that thought they were beaten, to a stunned team that knew they had somehow won.

Good post that captures the insanity of the moment. There will never be another SB finish like that one. 2 champs slugging it out, nobody conceding nothin. Epic game. Certainly showed that the last yard isn't a gimme.

I wish there wasn't quite the controversy being heaped on Carroll, that's too bad cause both teams left it all out there and showed the world how good they are.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
rcaido":nr9e2ssp said:

I don't think anyone is saying "blame Baldwin".

But his celebration was a complete embarrassment and thoroughly idiotic. You don't give away 15 free yards that cheaply in a close game. It didn't lose the game but it's on the list of things that hurt Seattle in the second half. Field position is/was key.

Latest posts