Justin Smith out this week

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Marvin49":3hw9of3x said:
Man I hate to do this.....

...but come on Niner fans. They got it this year. They've been waiting a long time to hold this one over us. Give it up.

As for Rivals....Seattle is the Niners biggest rival RIGHT NOW, but historically, its not even close. Cowboys. Giants. Packers. Those are the big ones.

That can change if this rivalry continues, but it's not there yet.

Why are they our biggest rival? Just because the media started this 2 years ago? In that time the Ravens ruined my Thanksgiving and my teams perfect Superbowl record. Why should Seattle be above them?

rideaducati

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":34qez0eo said:
RolandDeschain":34qez0eo said:
Don't worry, Sourdough & FriscosFinest. Once we have booted your asses out of another couple of NFCCGs over the next few years and gotten another couple of rings, we'll surpass all your historical rivals on the hate list. We're a division foe, it'll be way more bitter than when the Cowboys & such were doing it to you.

:) Looking forward to the games sir!

But saying it is alot different than doing it.. Hopefully our new stadium can strike fear into the 12th mans eyes! (Not that you've been winning in SF regardless..)

I wouldn't be so confident though. I honestly think your team peaked last year. I'm not a homer, I'm always honest about what I see. Your defense is going to have a huge test for them this year. You may not give up many yards passing.. however.. your rushing defense will be your achilles heal! And luckily, we're loaded with ammunition.

Better to have peaked with a Super Bowl win last season than to have peaked with a loss in the Super Bowl two years ago.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
rideaducati":35uo4ito said:
FriscosFinest":35uo4ito said:
RolandDeschain":35uo4ito said:
Don't worry, Sourdough & FriscosFinest. Once we have booted your asses out of another couple of NFCCGs over the next few years and gotten another couple of rings, we'll surpass all your historical rivals on the hate list. We're a division foe, it'll be way more bitter than when the Cowboys & such were doing it to you.

But saying it is alot different than doing it.. Hopefully our new stadium can strike fear into the 12th mans eyes! (Not that you've been winning in SF regardless..)

I wouldn't be so confident though. I honestly think your team peaked last year. I'm not a homer, I'm always honest about what I see. Your defense is going to have a huge test for them this year. You may not give up many yards passing.. however.. your rushing defense will be your achilles heal! And luckily, we're loaded with ammunition.

Better to have peaked with a Super Bowl win last season than to have peaked with a loss in the Super Bowl two years ago.

So by that logic you think our 2011 roster is better than this years? Maybe up until mid season with the loss of Bowman but even then I think this years roster is better.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":2ye33o8j said:

The only thing they were afraid of in your old stadium was the possibility that Candlestick Park would collapse on top of them. Now that Seattle doesn't have to worry about the possibility of the stands in that dump falling over in a stiff breeze, getting wins in SF should be a lot easier

FriscosFinest":2ye33o8j said:
But saying it is alot different than doing it.. I wouldn't be so confident though. I honestly think your team peaked last year. I'm not a homer, I'm always honest about what I see.

Yeah. Keep telling yourself that. ;)

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":56teerto said:
FriscosFinest":56teerto said:

The only thing they were afraid of in your old stadium was the possibility that Candlestick Park would collapse on top of them. Now that Seattle doesn't have to worry about the possibility of the stands in that dump falling over in a stiff breeze, getting wins in SF should be a lot easier

FriscosFinest":56teerto said:
But saying it is alot different than doing it.. I wouldn't be so confident though. I honestly think your team peaked last year. I'm not a homer, I'm always honest about what I see.

Yeah. Keep telling yourself that. ;)

Don't lie...you were affraid to get stabbed too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":1zi1e1bn said:
Marvin49":1zi1e1bn said:

...but come on Niner fans. They got it this year. They've been waiting a long time to hold this one over us. Give it up.

As for Rivals....Seattle is the Niners biggest rival RIGHT NOW, but historically, its not even close. Cowboys. Giants. Packers. Those are the big ones.

Why are they our biggest rival? Just because the media started this 2 years ago? In that time the Ravens ruined my Thanksgiving and my teams perfect Superbowl record. Why should Seattle be above them?

...I dunno, maybe because they are the best "other" team in the NFL right now, won the NFC West, beat us in the NFCCG, AND won the SB...oh and BTW, the teams themselves can't stand each other.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":3qiyznrn said:
I think you ought to look at your post again. Because you clearly don't understand who gets what in this rivalry.

Packers, Cowboys, and Giants are considered my Niners rivals. Beating us in one NFC Championship doesn't come close to what those 3 have have done . Sorry to burst your bubble. Congrats on your first Lombardi and welcome to the club :D
So that's why you are posting on a SEATTLE forum, and not the packers, cowboys, or giants forums, got it! :roll:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":dz587dj0 said:
...I dunno, maybe because they are the best "other" team in the NFL right now, won the NFC West, beat us in the NFCCG, AND won the SB...oh and BTW, the teams themselves can't stand each other.
Psh, stop smokin' crack, Marvin. That stuff can't possibly be relevant! :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":16fgcfw3 said:
Sourdough #49":16fgcfw3 said:
Marvin49":16fgcfw3 said:

Holy NIke's Marvin actually made a legit point. :th2thumbs:
First time for everything I guess! 8)

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":104pshi0 said:
Sourdough #49":104pshi0 said:
I think you ought to look at your post again. Because you clearly don't understand who gets what in this rivalry.

Packers, Cowboys, and Giants are considered my Niners rivals. Beating us in one NFC Championship doesn't come close to what those 3 have have done . Sorry to burst your bubble. Congrats on your first Lombardi and welcome to the club :D
So that's why you are posting on a SEATTLE forum, and not the packers, cowboys, or giants forums, got it! :roll:

Good now that you got it can you handle it?

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Marvin49":25wcy44o said:
Sourdough #49":25wcy44o said:
Marvin49":25wcy44o said:

. So if the Rams or Cardinals win it all next year by your definition they will be our new top rivalry?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":15nz5of7 said:
Marvin49":15nz5of7 said:
Sourdough #49":15nz5of7 said:
Marvin49":15nz5of7 said:

. So if the Rams or Cardinals win it all next year by your definition they will be our new top rivalry?

No...but commenting on their board while they won the division, conference, and league title saying that they aren't a big rival rings kinda hollow.

Come on now.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":1o2s9b66 said:
No...but commenting on their board while they won the division, conference, and league title saying that they aren't a big rival rings kinda hollow.

Come on now.
He'd have been better off not saying anything about it. What he did say just makes us think he's bitter and jealous about it, lying through his teeth. *shrug*

OrFan

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":33bjfz86 said:
rideaducati":33bjfz86 said:
FriscosFinest":33bjfz86 said:
RolandDeschain":33bjfz86 said:

So by that logic you think our 2011 roster is better than this years? Maybe up until mid season with the loss of Bowman but even then I think this years roster is better.

I'd have to say that your team now is better than the last couple of years, you did improve. It is just that the Seahawks have PROVEN that they are better than anything you have put on the field in the last two decades.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Marvin49":13nn2f6d said:

Come on now.

Like you Marvin I have been here congratulating Seattles wins the morning after our lumps and I would never extend anyone from the Boys, Giants, and Pack that. Furthermore I also joined and started posting before the start of last seasons first official coin flip. I avoid the Webzone and post here because surprise there are quite a few intelligent and informed members and I like to get an outside perspective on things in the division. My opinion is Seattle is no more of a rival that any other division foe we have. All of those games matter, none of the teams are pushovers and none of the teams like each other.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2qrinzj6 said:
Sourdough #49":2qrinzj6 said:
Marvin49":2qrinzj6 said:
Sourdough #49":2qrinzj6 said:

Come on now.
Dang, 2 posts of relevance in a row, and Marvin is bashing a 9'er troll. Nothing like whiner on whiner violence (internet speaking of course). 8) Anyone have some buttered popcorn? :)

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dichurg said:

Whether they admit it or not, or whether Seattle has earned it, or whether it's because of some asshat hawk fans (there are some, I know I'm shocked too :sarcasm_off: ), our team IS in their heads and they view them as a threat.. No doubt. I don't believe there would be as much hate as there is if it weren't true.

Having said that, I used to like the niners but now, I just want to see them get smashed as much as possible and most of that stems from the amount of unknowledgeable, ignorant and childish posts I see on FB and in forums. There are some that know their sh** but it seems rare... Online anyway. But I do see a lot of the same from some internet hawk fans. Oh well it's the way of internet trolls I guess.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Also it will be nice this season to play some of our old rivals. I.e. AFC west.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":16ssusyr said:

To bad none of those teams or fans consider you their rivals. They might have in the 90s or 80s but they have not seen you for 20 years.