Kam Chancellor #32 on the top 100

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So 3 in, figured RW, ET, RS and BW will be in there somewhere. 7 out of 100, what a good time to be a Hawks fan.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
McGruff":wpgl34k9 said:
Hasselbeck":wpgl34k9 said:
I don't know if Kam was even the 32nd best player on the Seahawks last year, much less the league.

I expect a big bounce back year this season, but Kam was booty last year.

See, that's the butt hurt I am talking about. I recognize that it is (hopefully) hyperbole, but its ridiculous. Kam had a down year for Kam, but that happens to all players. And even in a down year, I think he was probably still the best SS in the league.

Butthurt, or they just dont have perspective. They don't know what its like to have a really "booty" SS..... We gained a whole slew of fans during our recent run. There have been a whole lot of SS suite up for the hawks between Kenny and Kam

Jerhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":xy5eka8d said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":xy5eka8d said:
Kam was better than both Earl and Bennett last season??!? OK then.

That's not what the list is about.

Its about who players think will be the best in 2016 . . . In other words, players know the Kam that took the field last year was not the Kam that will take the field this year.

I'm pretty sure right in the opener of each episode they specifically say it's a list of the best players from the previous season.

This list can't even be taken seriously when Peyton Manning made it in the top 40 a few years back when he didn't even play a down. He was only voted in due to how significant his loss was.

Kam deserves to be on the list, but I wouldn't have put him this high. Not sure why Bobby Wagner doesn't get the respect he deserves around the league

Polk738

Reaction score
I kinda think KJ Wright played better than Bobby this year, I thought for sure that he'd crack the list.

Veilside

Reaction score
BadgerVid":3fudfmmz said:
gowazzu02":3fudfmmz said:
Joyodongo":3fudfmmz said:
I'm sorry but he was not better than previous year (41º in 2015) and he was not better than Earl (66º in 2016).

So I guess we only have now Russell and Sherm left on the list ...

Bwagz???

I was reading an article on Lockett on NFL.com this past week and was a bit surprised to read them say that he would be on the list. I wasn't that surprised that he would be on it, but that it is getting into the upper reaches of the list...higher than I would have expected at this point...and above ADB.

I could have misunderstood, but I would swear that it was in parentheses labeled as a "spoiler". But he was chosen for the pro bowl as returner...

I had to look this up because I've honestly believed that Lockett is destined to become the next Antonio Brown. His potential seemed obvious to me but if he really is going to be on the list he would be seen by his peers as a top 30 player after just his rookie year!

The quote from the NFL.com story is this "Around these parts, we call hitting the next level, "Making The Leap" (spoiler: Lockett will be on our list, too)."

Wide Recievers on list so far

31. Allen Robinson
51. Dez Bryant
62. Demaryius Thomas
72. Doug Baldwin
74. Emmanuel Sanders
87. Julian Edelman
89. Allen Hurns
93. Jeremy Maclin
96. Sammy Watkins
98. Jarvis Landry

That would be pretty good company to be in after just his first year. I find it hard to believe that he made the list that high based on past years lists and the kind of stats usually necessary, especially as a rookie. This list just got a lot more interesting if Patra is telling the truth.

Largent80

Reaction score
His play last year was well below where he was previously. That holdout costed him dearly, and the team as well.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
didnt even think he would make the list...popularity and past play i guess has something to do with it.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Jerhawk":4deo3ywm said:
McGruff":4deo3ywm said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":4deo3ywm said:

Its about who players think will be the best in 2016 . . . In other words, players know the Kam that took the field last year was not the Kam that will take the field this year.

I'm pretty sure right in the opener of each episode they specifically say it's a list of the best players from the previous season.

This list can't even be taken seriously when Peyton Manning made it in the top 40 a few years back when he didn't even play a down. He was only voted in due to how significant his loss was.

Kam deserves to be on the list, but I wouldn't have put him this high. Not sure why Bobby Wagner doesn't get the respect he deserves around the league

Wait what did I miss about Wagner. He hasn't been on the list yet. The assumption is he most definately will be meaning he's in the top 30. What more respect do you want? Hell he got an MVP vote 2 years ago.

kearly

Reaction score
Ever notice how rankings like these seem a year (or more) behind the times? It's not about how good a player was last year, or even about how good people expect him to be next year, but about how some people need an extra year or two to grasp the obvious. Kam really was as good as this ranking in 2014, but it took until 2016 for the majority of voters to grasp it.

You see this with all kinds of awards shows as well. Kevin Spacey and Russell Crowe fail to win for L.A. Confidential, yet surprise suprise, they clean up over the next several years for far lesser roles because it takes a couple years for obvious truths to sink in with the majority of people.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McGruff":39q3c64p said:
Hasselbeck":39q3c64p said:
I don't know if Kam was even the 32nd best player on the Seahawks last year, much less the league.

See, that's the butt hurt I am talking about. I recognize that it is (hopefully) hyperbole, but its ridiculous. Kam had a down year for Kam, but that happens to all players. And even in a down year, I think he was probably still the best SS in the league.

Yes it was hyperbole

But Kam was not the 32nd best player in the league last year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3c5jbe4n said:
Jerhawk":3c5jbe4n said:
McGruff":3c5jbe4n said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3c5jbe4n said:

Wait what did I miss about Wagner. He hasn't been on the list yet. The assumption is he most definately will be meaning he's in the top 30. What more respect do you want? Hell he got an MVP vote 2 years ago.

He better make this list. He's a stud and top 3 inside linebacker

LolaRox

Reaction score
The host on NFL network always says the list is supposed to represent going forward which is why its called the top 100 of 2016, but who knows how the players actually vote.

Kam is #32 based on reputation and respect.

I'm not sure Lockett will make the list, I think I remember them (NFL Netork) saying during one the Reaction shows that there were only 2 rookies on the list. Marcus Peters has already been named and Gurley is probably the other.

Bobby has a chance to make the list. There are 30 remaining - based on hints they have given about some of the remaining position groups I took a guess at who the players in those groups are -

7 QBs ( Russ, Cam, Brady, Brees, Ben, Carson, ARod)
1 TE (Gronk)
4 CB (Sherm, Revis, Peterson, Norman)
1 Safety (Mathieu)
7 WR (AB, Julio, Hopkins, Fitz, Marshall, OBJ, AJ)
2 RB (AP, Gurley)

Not sure about the number of other position groups but I'm pretty sure the players below are also on the list

JJ - V Miller - Atkins - Kuechly - ADonald - J Houston - Cam Jordan? - Joe Thomas?

That would 30 without Bobby.

Edited to add AJ Green

BuZzB28

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3s19vhwd said:
McGruff":3s19vhwd said:
Hasselbeck":3s19vhwd said:

Yes it was hyperbole

Really? Kam was not the 32nd best player cux he suck against at Carolina Panthers right?! We should trade kam to Washington Redskins. Kam was suck and bad play worst against at Panthers for twice times that two loss game for us. We should cut Kam cuz i am piss off that we loss game. Blame on Kam!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
BuZzB28":19i8lops said:
Hasselbeck":19i8lops said:
McGruff":19i8lops said:
Hasselbeck":19i8lops said:

Yes it was hyperbole

Really? Kam was not the 32nd best player cux he suck against at Carolina Panthers right?! We should trade kam to Washington Redskins. Kam was suck and bad play worst against at Panthers for twice times that two loss game for us. We should cut Kam cuz i am piss off that we loss game. Blame on Kam!!
BuZzBninerfan

BuZzB28

Reaction score
Pay the man!!! Kam is best the defense than Thomas and Sherman!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BuZzB28":372vuqrv said:

Giphy

Holy overreaction Batman.. where in my post did I say any of those things?

I said that he wasn't the 32nd best player in the league, and if you watched the games you would see that. There are nearly 1700 players in the NFL, do you honestly believe he was better than 98% of the league?

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3lzfn5m3 said:
BuZzB28":3lzfn5m3 said:

Giphy

I said that he wasn't the 32nd best player in the league, and if you watched the games you would see that. There are nearly 1700 players in the NFL, do you honestly believe he was better than 98% of the league?

He might not have been in the top 32 last year, but is he one of the top 32 players? I'd say so.

BuZzB28

Reaction score
McGruff":y0439o32 said:
Hasselbeck":y0439o32 said:
BuZzB28":y0439o32 said:

Giphy

He might not have been in the top 32 last year, but is he one of the top 32 players? I'd say so.

Are you both guys that u dont love to Kam? It is fact for kam on the top 32 players. Its true. Why you are very dishonest?! NFL said for real and check here. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-20 ... Chancellor

Then if you dont want kam on the top 32 players because you dont want pay him for 10 to 14 millions a year? Well. You are cheap and selfish. Smh. . Ifyou dont love kam then trade him for 3rd round. Or pay the man! Let kam be happy to earn the more moneys.