Kam Chancellor will miss Week 1 (Confirmed)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DavidSeven":7o2fa59x said:
This will be the first holdout to extend into the regular season under the current CBA (est. 2011).

It bears repeating . . . this is NOT the norm. Chancellor has failed to live up his promises as a teammate and a man, abandoning his team in their hour of need.

:pukeface:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1jpbcu0e said:

LOL! Now that shirt is funny. Would love to see some 12's wearing that on gameday just for irony of it. :lol:

andyh64000

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2r08066c said:
hawknation2015":2r08066c said:
So many Kam threads . . . :baityes: :smilie=angry016.gif: :duel: :bitenails: :229031_chillpill:

I'm not freakin'. It is what it is, and Kam's his own man.

But this probably has to be considered one of the more bizarre holdouts in NFL history.

Yep...bizarre. The only thing I can think is that his agent seems a little bizarre and trying to make a name for himself and he gave Kam terrible advice that wasn't in Kam's best interest.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Hypothetical:

Let's say we win week 1. Bailey plays well, not great but slightly above average. Nothing that gives either the Seahawks nor Kam leverage.

Kam decides to come back and issues this statement.

"I would like to apologize for my actions. I'm sorry to the fans, coaches, and most importantly my teammates. I messed up. I acknowledge that. I let everyone down but I'm determined to get back on the field, be the best strong safety in the league, and lead my team to a Super Bowl championship. I look forward to working my butt off and earning everyone's trust back"

Would all be forgiven? For me it would be.

Decimation

Reaction score
No player is greater than the team. If he doesn't want to be out there with the team then so be it.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Posted in wrong thread but the defense will look totally different when they roll out a 6 foot 205 lb safety who was Undrafted as opposed to a 6'3 230 lb beast who can run like the wind. Earl Thomas hasn't even had contact yet. All the people around the country who think Sherm is overrated are about to find out what he can really do.

nategreat

Reaction score
andyh64000":3p8mtml9 said:
Yep...bizarre. The only thing I can think is that his agent seems a little bizarre and trying to make a name for himself and he gave Kam terrible advice that wasn't in Kam's best interest.

Except nobody knows his name

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":3ujar6cc said:
Hypothetical:

Let's say we win week 1. Bailey plays well, not great but slightly above average. Nothing that gives either the Seahawks nor Kam leverage.

"I would like to apologize for my actions. I'm sorry to the fans, coaches, and most importantly my teammates. I messed up. I acknowledge that. I let everyone down but I'm determined to get back on the field, be the best strong safety in the league, and lead my team to a Super Bowl championship. I look forward to working my butt off and earning everyone's trust back"

I'd be very reluctant to believe he wasn't going to pull this crap again next year.

At this point I almost want to just trade him to some bottom feeding team in the AFC and be done with him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Still a Kam supporter.

Hope we seem him playing before we hit the playoffs.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
MBlS7Wr.gif

JonRud

Reaction score
We can get by the Rams without Kam because their offense sucks but this man better come to his senses and show up before we hit Lambeau Field in Week 2.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JonRud":2kuanl50 said:
We can get by the Rams without Kam because their offense sucks but this man better come to his senses and show up before we hit Lambeau Field in Week 2.

Even if he reported Monday .. we have no idea if he's in game shape. Most players that hold out injure themselves very quickly (see Chris Johnson, Revis, etc)

Like... even if Kam returns soon, how confident can we be that he will be healthy all year and be the same Kam?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Why should we care if fans forgive him? His return could have repercussions on the locker room, especially if the replacements have played well, but it really isn't about the fans viewpoint on this. He's a great player who we are counting on and if he comes in before week 10 any ruffled fan feathers will smooth themselves out over time. It's obviously a completely different story if he shows up in week 10 and that will be a train wreck if it gets to that point.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":3ikb67iv said:
Hypothetical:

Forgive but won't forget.

I'm more worried about his teammates forgiving him than his fans. I don't know how all of them are taking it. There are some emotional guys on this team. I can't imagine they'd let it go so easily.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A great opportunity for someone else to prove himself. Worked out great for Sherm, Maxwell and Browner when other guys went down.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Dion Bailey should wear Kam's jersey during warm ups. Rams players would crap their pants if they saw 31 out there.

Polaris

Reaction score
andyh64000":30386zw7 said:
DavidSeven":30386zw7 said:
hawknation2015":30386zw7 said:
So many Kam threads . . . :baityes: :smilie=angry016.gif: :duel: :bitenails: :229031_chillpill:

I'm not freakin'. It is what it is, and Kam's his own man.

But this probably has to be considered one of the more bizarre holdouts in NFL history.

I don't think so. That question was raised to Clayton during his afternoon appearance yesterday, and while I don't remember the agent's name either, Clayton did, and according to Clayton Kam's agent has a reputation of being very solid and very reasonable.

Marry this with reports we are getting the Kam is dug in emotionally, and I think this is all Kam.

Msfann

Reaction score
I didn't care much about the holdout when it was just preseason games, but now it is hurting the team.

Please come back now Kam and get ready for game #2.