Kam Chancellor will miss Week 1 (Confirmed)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
nategreat":3s7ypbdz said:
andyh64000":3s7ypbdz said:
Yep...bizarre. The only thing I can think is that his agent seems a little bizarre and trying to make a name for himself and he gave Kam terrible advice that wasn't in Kam's best interest.

Except nobody knows his name

There's no proof that his agent is telling him to do this, and for all we know, this stubborn holdout could all be of Kam's own doing.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Supernatural Dean

Glee1.gif

Dr.-Who.gif

ringless

Reaction score
Danish Hawk":3ivndmsm said:
So I have no idea how the Seahawks and Bam Bam Kam has spoken. In what tone they have been spoken. And what has been offered. But with three years left on his deal it just seems logical to me that Kam is looking for leverage. Seahawks hold all the cards as it stands, but that could change as we play.

Some talk about the "who blinks first"-logic, but if it was me holding out for more money I would be looking at the schedule and think: I want more money, and as it stands the team won't pay up. But what happens if the team lose in St. Louis and Green Bay?

If we go 2-0 there's no way the Hawks blink - if we go 1-1 there's no way Hawks give in. But Kam is smart and he might be thinking: 0-2 - they need me, and they know it.
It's not totally unrealistic we go 0-2. No team is favored away from home against Green Bay, and out games against the Rams are always close. So Kam might be looking to see how it plays out.
Hope to see him soon - right now he is not popular with the fans, the FO and his teammates.

If he doesn't come back, no way we're trading him this season. Too many years left on his deal - at the earliest we trade him after the season (unless he still has 3 years remaning).

If you have the upper hand, don't lose it. John Schneider knows this.

This is a real possibility with Earl Thomas not being 100% yet either. There could be vulnerabilities in this defense that normally wouldn't be there. I don't expect Foles to expose that but Rodgers certainly could.

edogg23

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if Bam Bam took to many shots to the head. This holdout doesn't make any sense to anyone who can have a rational thought in their head. He is heading toward playing the last 6 games of the season for free because his fines will probably equal or exceed his last 6 game checks.
So the seahawks will get kam for the playoff run and millions of dollars of extra cap space for next season out of this. How is this suppose to convince them to give Kam more money again?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1nftcrt0 said:
Still a Kam supporter.

Hope we seem him playing before we hit the playoffs.

What exactly do you support?

Cartire

Reaction score
DavidSeven":csvie3gv said:
This will be the first holdout to extend into the regular season under the current CBA (est. 2011).

This is the craziest part. Everyone is in uncharted territory at this point.

daveman918

Reaction score
I think Pete has reached a point here where he must apply his philosophy. One of the three rules within that philosophy is "Always protect the team". This means on an off the field. At some point he has to see this behavior as a not only a distraction but also that Kam is putting himself before the team in a detrimental way. Pete's tone today may very well be him now flipping that bit on Kam.

Chapow

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12du7qnb said:
At some point, it's ultimately up to the player.

Yep. I see a lot of people blaming his agent, but I don't buy it. Kam is a big boy. Kam's agent works for Kam, not the other way around.

This is on Kam, not his agent.

mikeak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2hnfbk9m said:
This will be the first holdout to extend into the regular season under the current CBA (est. 2011).

Pete Carrol's Seahawks making history once again. It is cool to be a Seahawk fan during this historical run :)

(NOT blaming PC - the team is doing the right thing)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Kam is losing respect by the minute. He had no problem accepting the guaranteed money he asked for in the first two years, but now reneges on his contract with 3 years left. That is just obscene. Shame on you Kam!!!! :cry:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
A friend of a friend that knows somebody on the team told me today...

Kam has been participating in team meetings via Skype and his holdout for a better contract has been a cleverly disguised ruse... and Kam is currently healing from an injury and faking a holdout to avoid being on the PUP list.

I don't buy it... but I thought that I would pass it along.

Chapow

Reaction score
hawknation2015":r660j59n said:
Chancellor has failed to live up his promises as a teammate and a man, abandoning his team in their hour of need.

How very melodramatic. :lol:

The first week of the regular season is their hour of need? :lol:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3ezr7bfc said:

Kam has been participating in team meetings via Skype and his holdout for a better contract has been a cleverly disguised ruse... and Kam is currently healing from an injury and faking a holdout to avoid being on the PUP list.

What would he have to gain by doing that? Not being forced to miss six weeks? Possible.... Many of his tweets seem to be around praying for health?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Chapow":3b0k6f6c said:
hawknation2015":3b0k6f6c said:
Chancellor has failed to live up his promises as a teammate and a man, abandoning his team in their hour of need.

How very melodramatic. :lol:

The first week of the regular season is their hour of need? :lol:

Every game is . . . one week at a time.

As a teammate, your primary responsibility is to fight for your team. As a man, it is to fulfill your promises. As one of my favorite players, it pains me to say that Kam is failing on both counts.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3gqx2u9s said:

Probability a player participates in said ruse and forfeits game checks? Zero.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":17497s5v said:
onanygivensunday":17497s5v said:

Yeah I don't get it either...

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":vrfq9q5f said:
onanygivensunday":vrfq9q5f said:

Up to team if they enforce fines....

ringless

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":9pv1ls2r said:
CodeWarrior":9pv1ls2r said:
onanygivensunday":9pv1ls2r said:

Yes but now we are talking game checks. Seems like a pretty crazy ruse to have, this seems unlikely. How can he be paid if he isn't part of a roster or a team? Which he certainly is not unless you can find a roster that he's on.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1fhe7c5d said:
CodeWarrior":1fhe7c5d said:
onanygivensunday":1fhe7c5d said:

If he misses games it is no longer a fine. You can't pay a player for a game in which he was not on the roster.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
ringless":6ht7t1m7 said:
seahawk12thman":6ht7t1m7 said:
CodeWarrior":6ht7t1m7 said:
onanygivensunday":6ht7t1m7 said:

Yes but now we are talking game checks. Seems like a pretty crazy ruse to have, this seems unlikely. How can he be paid if he isn't part of a roster or a team? Which he certainly is not unless you can find a roster that he's on.

Actually it's brilliant. To offset the costs, the Hawks guarantee a portion of his contract and Kam saves face. Then he doesn't have to wait six weeks. :stirthepot:

Latest posts