Kam Chancellor will miss Week 1 (Confirmed)

McGruff

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1whnqd04 said:
Does Kam count against the 53 if he's not here?

No. We get a roster exemption and his weekly paycheck comes off of our books.

Rob12

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":yeeirrrj said:
Hypothetical:

Let's say we win week 1. Bailey plays well, not great but slightly above average. Nothing that gives either the Seahawks nor Kam leverage.

Kam decides to come back and issues this statement.

"I would like to apologize for my actions. I'm sorry to the fans, coaches, and most importantly my teammates. I messed up. I acknowledge that. I let everyone down but I'm determined to get back on the field, be the best strong safety in the league, and lead my team to a Super Bowl championship. I look forward to working my butt off and earning everyone's trust back"

Would all be forgiven? For me it would be.

Yes, I'm all for moving on when someone owns up.

The only problem is there is no way in hell that Kam would say that. He's headstrong and believes in his cause.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawknation2015":97c4umnw said:
From hero to zero in one off-season. :34853_doh:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/641705283081793536[/tweet]

And that wasn't even a real holdout. As I recall, he just didn't want to play for the Bengals anymore and said he's retire before playing another snap for them. Which is funny, because the Bengals ended up building up a good team and he probably would've won a lot of games with them. He has to regret that one.

McGruff

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be a historic statement from a professional athlete. I can't see it happening. Some one has to fall on the sword, and the front office can't and Kam Chancellor won't.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At this stage I really can't say I'm surprised at all.

Both sides know the other's positions and until someone gives it's an impasse. At this point it appears the Hawks have made plans to go on without him

Kam will now lose each game check he's not here for and fines that will potentially include his guaranteed money for the season. His leverage is almost zero except the team is better with him than without him. The Hawks don't seem much interested in trading him, but I suppose that could change if things really come apart. I frankly believe he is getting poor advice from his counsel if he thinks the team is going to give in to his 'new contract' demands.

Nobody needs to apologize here but something needs to get done.

A

Anonymous

I'm so over this holdout. I'm also glad I've never bought one of his jerseys...and I was very close to buying one last year but went with Beastmode because I was afraid he might not be available after last year. Glad I made that choice. Dunno who I'll buy this year...most likely Earl or Sherman since my last two have been offensive players. Definitely won't be Kam though.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Gawd Kammit!!! I'm gonna have to change my avi now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There was no way to know this was coming last year. I proudly bought and wore his jersey last year. I've lost a lot of respect for him, but if he comes back, I'll put it back on.
If not, oh well, plenty of other players to pull for.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This situation reminds me most of the whole Shawn Kemp deal in '96 and '97. I don't think Kemp missed games, but he was pissed off for an entire year until the bond between the player and organization was irrevocably broken.

Hopefully, this works out better for everyone than that did.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
AgentDib":pe79pgw3 said:
Why should we care if fans forgive him? His return could have repercussions on the locker room, especially if the replacements have played well, but it really isn't about the fans viewpoint on this. He's a great player who we are counting on and if he comes in before week 10 any ruffled fan feathers will smooth themselves out over time. It's obviously a completely different story if he shows up in week 10 and that will be a train wreck if it gets to that point.

The relationship between Kam and the Front Office as well as with a majority of the fans will NEVER be the same! Well, perhaps...... if his excuse is that he has developed cancer.

Rocket

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":4ihcmx1e said:
(... lots of humble )
Would all be forgiven? For me it would be.
Only if he fired his idiot a$$hole agent who obviously told Kam this was the right move.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Going to rock my #31 jersey all year, no matter when Kam gets back into the stable.

In the meantime, I just plan on blaming Cary for all of this, so he had better ball out to make up for this mess.

A

Anonymous

So I have no idea how the Seahawks and Bam Bam Kam has spoken. In what tone they have been spoken. And what has been offered. But with three years left on his deal it just seems logical to me that Kam is looking for leverage. Seahawks hold all the cards as it stands, but that could change as we play.

Some talk about the "who blinks first"-logic, but if it was me holding out for more money I would be looking at the schedule and think: I want more money, and as it stands the team won't pay up. But what happens if the team lose in St. Louis and Green Bay?

If we go 2-0 there's no way the Hawks blink - if we go 1-1 there's no way Hawks give in. But Kam is smart and he might be thinking: 0-2 - they need me, and they know it.
It's not totally unrealistic we go 0-2. No team is favored away from home against Green Bay, and out games against the Rams are always close. So Kam might be looking to see how it plays out.
Hope to see him soon - right now he is not popular with the fans, the FO and his teammates.

If he doesn't come back, no way we're trading him this season. Too many years left on his deal - at the earliest we trade him after the season (unless he still has 3 years remaning).

If you have the upper hand, don't lose it. John Schneider knows this.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Danish Hawk":2r3y0xri said:
So I have no idea how the Seahawks and Bam Bam Kam has spoken. In what tone they have been spoken. And what has been offered. But with three years left on his deal it just seems logical to me that Kam is looking for leverage. Seahawks hold all the cards as it stands, but that could change as we play.

Some talk about the "who blinks first"-logic, but if it was me holding out for more money I would be looking at the schedule and think: I want more money, and as it stands the team won't pay up. But what happens if the team lose in St. Louis and Green Bay?

If we go 2-0 there's no way the Hawks blink - if we go 1-1 there's no way Hawks give in. But Kam is smart and he might be thinking: 0-2 - they need me, and they know it.
It's not totally unrealistic we go 0-2. No team is favored away from home against Green Bay, and out games against the Rams are always close. So Kam might be looking to see how it plays out.
Hope to see him soon - right now he is not popular with the fans, the FO and his teammates.

If he doesn't come back, no way we're trading him this season. Too many years left on his deal - at the earliest we trade him after the season (unless he still has 3 years remaning).

If you have the upper hand, don't lose it. John Schneider knows this.

.....and John ain't blinking! :shock:

James in PA

Reaction score
This sucks. If this goes on much longer, Kam will probably just show up for the last 6 games to get "credit" for this season, then get traded in the offseason for a pick that is so not worth his value. :(

captSE

Reaction score
I got the impression from the subject line that he signed, said the heck with the holdout, or something. And could not play though.

I take it he is still holding out.

FECES!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
James in PA":zdgghm2k said:
This sucks. If this goes on much longer, Kam will probably just show up for the last 6 games to get "credit" for this season, then get traded in the offseason for a pick that is so not worth his value. :(

That is what makes Kam's behavior so bazar! He must realize that he is in a "no win" situation! He has begun to lose money from this point on in his career. He cannot make it up especially if he holds out to game #10.